I do think Victor is a child, here's my argument

Nullclines
Nullclines Member Posts: 232
edited November 2020 in Lore

NOTE: THERE IS NO MENTION OF CHILD ABUSE IN THIS POST, NO JOKES AND NO MAKING LIGHT OF SERIOUS ISSUES. I'M SIMPLY SHOWING THAT THERE IS A VALID ARGUMENT TO BE MADE THAT VICTOR IS IN FACT A CHILD. AS FAR AS I'M AWARE, THIS IS AN APPROPRIATE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE LORE OF THE GAME, WHICH IS WHY I'VE SPECIFICALLY TAGGED THIS AS SUCH.

Here's my reasoning: imagine a character who lives normally for say 20 years. They enter cryostasis for 20 years, are woken up and then live normally for another 10 years. Sure, physically the body has been alive for 50 years. But mentally, physically and emotionally this person would still be 30 years old.

Therefore, saying Victor is the same age as Charlotte is technically true: their bodies have existed for the same amount of time. But, physically and mentally, his development paused from the moment of his death to the moment of his rebirth by the Entity. You could therefore say that he is an adult or a child and still be correct, depending on whether you're referring to the body or the actual person within.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone agrees or disagrees with this.

Post edited by Nullclines on

Comments