The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killerz complaining always forget that....

.. they always play with half to one second of advantage on survivors.

Git gud.

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Eh?
  • Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Oh yes, the idle ping is fo sho the same ping u get during the game... and Santa Claus brings u gifts at christmas.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    From the killer side, that little delay results in frame drops and survivors performing mini sprint bursts randomly. Doesn't exactly make things easier
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

I think survivors forget, they aren't entitled to an escape.

I think they forget looping is too easy, and abuseable.

I think they forget how big a pain in the ass pallets are.

I think they forget how many safety nets they get with there Meta Perks.

I think Survivors forget just how easy it is for them to win, yet whine and cry when killer gets a small buff either way.

You forgot about SWF :wink:

EVERYONE forgets about the solo lose rate.... solo players lose over 70% of matches at rank 1. They tie 20%. Which means they win..... 10%

Hot damn, I must be a God among rank 1 solo Survivors then.

Same...
    I even play without SB, SC or DS.

Walking among gods...

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

I think Survivors forget just how easy it is for them to win, yet whine and cry when killer gets a small buff either way.

EVERYONE forgets about the solo lose rate.... solo players lose over 70% of matches at rank 1. They tie 20%. Which means they win..... 10%

Same...

Walking among gods...

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2018

@Radiant said:
    Oh yes, the idle ping is fo sho the same ping u get during the game... and Santa Claus brings u gifts at christmas.

@Tsulan said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

Same...

Walking among gods...

Let's all SWF no comms no perks and get a taste of a real match boiz @Jack11803

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

Not a rank 1 sorry, but in a survivor group even with randoms. On rank 1 everyone has a major understanding on how broken survivor is. If they are playing correctly and aren’t facing a God-Tier Nurse or Billy than your numbers are quite incorrect 
  • Jack11803

@Scourge said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

Not a rank 1 sorry, but in a survivor group even with randoms. On rank 1 everyone has a major understanding on how broken survivor is. If they are playing correctly and aren’t facing a God-Tier Nurse or Billy than your numbers are quite incorrect 

It was on the dev streams. They’re not MY numbers

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Wat.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I felt before the recent patch at rank 1 I survived about 50-60% of the time in solo. But currently during the event it's kind of like...10% maybe? Because everyone is milking flowers instead of doing objectives, and usually the first persons chase even if it lasts 3 minutes, no ones done a gen and that's already someone hooked and nothings been done.

But I did feel like the survive rate went down immediately during the last patch, even before the event. I'm not amazing at chases, and being immersed and hiding isn't viable either because it gives no blood points, and de-ranks you way too easily. But it feels like a lot of the things I abused before are gone, and chases are much quicker.

On the killers end, it feels way, way easier. Almost every game I've played has been a 4k, with the event currently the hatch hasn't even come into play in the last 5 games. Well...it was a 4k with my Michael, it wasn't when I tried out Freddy and Pig for the first time ever, but I didn't have any good perks and still did pretty well.

SWF's I think is really strong, I think solo play is lopsided in the killers favor by a good margin. It's also easy to avoid SWF if you are that afraid of them. I know some days I don't feel like dealing with it, and just leave a lobby when 3-4 instantly pop in.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Lmao, are you guys actually engaging with this obvious, neon sign troll?

I mean come on, most of you are more intelligent than this.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799

Lmao, are you guys actually engaging with this obvious, neon sign troll?

I mean come on, most of you are more intelligent than this.

Mooom 5 min more. I'm having fun!
    :^)
  • knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

@Jack11803 said:

I don't remember this being mentioned in any of the developer streams, and I can't seem to find this statistic on the overview of the streams - can you please provide the source for this?

Also, if you are considering "a win" as surviving, and "a loss" as getting killed, what is this "tie" at 20%?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jack11803 said:

@Scourge said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

Can you link that stream? Must have missed that one, I am curious now

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122
    edited October 2018

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

How do you even tie a game in DBD lmao
    Everyone thinking their definitions of what a "win" is apply to everyone else. The game never gives you a lose or win screen lol. It's all in your head.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    cTrix said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

I would like to know this as well. #########. 
  • cTrix

@BloodyNights said:
    I felt before the recent patch at rank 1 I survived about 50-60% of the time in solo. But currently during the event it's kind of like...10% maybe? Because everyone is milking flowers instead of doing objectives, and usually the first persons chase even if it lasts 3 minutes, no ones done a gen and that's already someone hooked and nothings been done.

But I did feel like the survive rate went down immediately during the last patch, even before the event. I'm not amazing at chases, and being immersed and hiding isn't viable either because it gives no blood points, and de-ranks you way too easily. But it feels like a lot of the things I abused before are gone, and chases are much quicker.

On the killers end, it feels way, way easier. Almost every game I've played has been a 4k, with the event currently the hatch hasn't even come into play in the last 5 games. Well...it was a 4k with my Michael, it wasn't when I tried out Freddy and Pig for the first time ever, but I didn't have any good perks and still did pretty well.

SWF's I think is really strong, I think solo play is lopsided in the killers favor by a good margin. It's also easy to avoid SWF if you are that afraid of them. I know some days I don't feel like dealing with it, and just leave a lobby when 3-4 instantly pop in.

Games are easier after rank reset? Say it ain't so. I wonder if that could be because of all the low ranks you suddenly get matched with. No that can't be it must've been the balance changes :lol:

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    cTrix said:

@BloodyNights said:

Games are easier after rank reset? Say it ain't so. I wonder if that could be because of all the low ranks you suddenly get matched with. No that can't be it must've been the balance changes :lol:

Yeah a lot of people get to rank 1 then wait for reset and play KYF. And you’ll get your ass handed to you by people you’ve never played against that play like rank legendary rank 1’s at rank 10.  
  • Jack11803

@knell said:

@Jack11803 said:

I don't remember this being mentioned in any of the developer streams, and I can't seem to find this statistic on the overview of the streams - can you please provide the source for this?

Also, if you are considering "a win" as surviving, and "a loss" as getting killed, what is this "tie" at 20%?

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Scourge said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

Can you link that stream? Must have missed that one, I am curious now

@cTrix said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

Everyone thinking their definitions of what a "win" is apply to everyone else. The game never gives you a lose or win screen lol. It's all in your head.

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    cTrix said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Vortexas said:

I would like to know this as well. #########. 

Based on the whole team and if they’re all solo. Win is at least 3 live, tie is 2, lose is anything under 2. 3 survivors OR MORE (only reason constant 4k’s didn’t occur was hatch, proving why it’s needed) dead occured 70% of the time. 2 deaths 20%, and a win 10% (4 survivors probably occured 2-3%). This was recorded and shown during the howling grounds I believe.

• cTrix
    edited October 2018

Nice rules you came up with there :lol: Way to be arbitrary.
    Pretty sure if I get tunneled and camped and the other 3 survivors escape I didn't win anything.

People can't seem to understand that you don't win or lose in this game. You only have fun or you don't have fun.

• Jack11803
    edited October 2018

@cTrix said:
    Nice rules you came up with there :lol: Way to be arbitrary.
    Pretty sure if I get tunneled and camped and the other 3 survivors escape I didn't win anything.

People can't seem to understand that you don't win or lose in this game. You only have fun or you don't have fun.

Jokes on you, I didn’t make it, the devs did. You’d know that if you bothered reading any previous posts

• cTrix
    edited October 2018

Then why was I just quoting McLean :lol:

Maybe the devs told you the stats that way cus the community keeps insisting that the only thing that matters are kills. Gamers are too used to think in terms of winning or losing they can't see the world objectively anymore.

• Jack11803

@cTrix said:
    Then why was I just quoting McLean :lol:

Maybe the devs told you the stats that way cus the community keeps insisting that the only thing that matters are kills. Gamers are too used to think in terms of winning or losing they can't see the world objectively anymore.

Sorry, I tried to purge the Marth fiasco from my soul. So too did many others

• cTrix

Who's Marth and what did he do.

• Jack11803

@cTrix said:
    Who's Marth and what did he do.

Just search de-pip squad experiment

• cTrix
    edited October 2018

alright I found this

The Denver Broncos, without clothes, padding, shoes, or helmets, can beat any high school or lower collegiate team most of the time. That's it. Nothing else. It's called skewed data and outliers, for those of you who actually paid attention in college.
    Very few random high rank killers are in the same caliber as these dream teams. Now, if they did the same thing using versus # of hours in the game intead of rank in their data columns (which I highly doubt), the charts would look very different. And it might mean something.
    The ranking system is too broken to use as anything for serious analysis. It's like quoting Wikipedia in a peer-reviewed paper; a.k.a. Meaningless, and Verboten!

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

@Jack11803 said:
    Based on the whole team and if they’re all solo. Win is at least 3 live, tie is 2, lose is anything under 2.

So you are saying that even if I survive and got over 20k, unless I've somehow forced two more survivors to survive with me, I didn't win.

And you are saying that this definition of survivor's win was provided by the developers.

I see.

@Jack11803 said:
    3 survivors OR MORE (only reason constant 4k’s didn’t occur was hatch, proving why it’s needed) dead occured 70% of the time. 2 deaths 20%, and a win 10% (4 survivors probably occured 2-3%). This was recorded and shown during the howling grounds I believe.

So even though this forum doesn't provide the backlog of developers' streams all the way back to the Howling Grounds event, reddit's apparently been doing a pretty thorough job instead. I skimmed through Developer Stream #89-91 (which was when Howling Grounds was taking place), but I didn't see those statistics. Maybe I'm just missing it somewhere.

But I imagine you have a link to this statistic since you seem very sure of these specific numbers, as well as how the devs defined "survivor's win." So can you please provide it for us?

• cTrix
    edited October 2018

Don't bother, those numbers are actually a quote from Bahroo, who's a killer main twitch streamer. He said that "for himself he considers a game a win if he kills 4 survivors, counting hatch escapes as a kill. 3-2 as a draw and 1-0 as a loss."

I was there in person when he said it. He was talking about his personal feelings of satisfaction as a killer main. I might be misremembering the value of 3 kills.
    I also disagree with the notion of quantifying your success in kills, but this is his oppinion and he's free to feel that way. Personally, if I get 4 kills, I feel disappointed because it means I got a bad case of matchmaking. I won because I was matched too low for my skill not on my own merit.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    cTrix said:

Don't bother, those numbers are actually a quote from Bahroo, who's a killer main twitch streamer. He said that "for himself he considers a game a win if he kills 4 survivors, counting hatch escapes as a kill. 3-2 as a draw and 1-0 as a loss."

I was there in person when he said it. He was talking about his personal feelings of satisfaction as a killer main. I might be misremembering the value of 3 kills.
    I also disagree with the notion of quantifying your success in kills, but this is his oppinion and he's free to feel that way. Personally, if I get 4 kills, I feel disappointed because it means I got a bad case of matchmaking. I won because I was matched too low for my skill not on my own merit.

Or maybe most Killers are still thinking along the lines of the old hook progress determine your pip, therefore your win conditions? You know, the old system that you had 4 points per Survivor, first hook got you a point, second hook got you another point, death hook got you two points. 

Has nothing to to do with AdmiralBahroo’s opinion. 
  • cTrix
    edited October 2018

Or maybe the opinions of very popular and prolific people spread like a meme through the general populace.

Like, idk, global warming deniers. Or people who think Galileo is an example of a war between science and religion.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited October 2018
    Radiant said:

.. they always play with half to one second of advantage on survivors.

Git gud.

Translation: I can't play survivor even though I have tons of advantages and meta perks as jail free cards. I feel like killers are supposed to be weaker than survivors because I'm Entitled to an escape every game. I 4k'd with perkless Freddy at rank 1 so that means killers are balanced and SWF are balanced. If you don't 4k, ur bad and you need to...

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    cTrix said:

@BloodyNights said:

Yeah a lot of people get to rank 1 then wait for reset and play KYF. And you’ll get your ass handed to you by people you’ve never played against that play like rank legendary rank 1’s at rank 10.  

I have noticed that green ranks have better killers/survivors than red ranks. The “good killers” keep themselves in the middle ranks while all the sweaty forehead survivors/killers boost their way to Rank 1. The games are just better around the green/purple ranks. Once you get to about Rank 5 you get the boosted players.

I don’t like de-pipping all the way down to the yellow ranks because there is so many nooby survivors that you may get like one gen done so I usually get myself to red ranks before the season resets so I’ll reset back to Rank 10.

• cTrix

@MegMain98 said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    cTrix said:

@BloodyNights said:

I have noticed that green ranks have better killers/survivors than red ranks. The “good killers” keep themselves in the middle ranks while all the sweaty forehead survivors/killers boost their way to Rank 1. The games are just better around the green/purple ranks. Once you get to about Rank 5 you get the boosted players.

I don’t like de-pipping all the way down to the yellow ranks because there is so many nooby survivors that you may get like one gen done so I usually get myself to red ranks before the season resets so I’ll reset back to Rank 10.

That's literally what I'm doing :lol:

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    gr8 b8 m8
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

half to 1 second? You play against killers with 500-1000 ping?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Global said:
    half to 1 second? You play against killers with 500-1000 ping?

^This. I don't play with anyone if my ping (assuming it's stable) is higher than 150 ms, and even that is already too close to my reaction time for comfort.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Jack according to these stats killer would be OP so yeah I'm gonna call BS on them

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2018

@Master said:
    I dont think that any survivor would stay in a 500-1000ms lobby.

I wouldnt^^

I have a great internet connection as a killer and if you join my lobby you will always have below 100 ms connection. But when they realise this they quit as they rely on lag to T bag and blind you lol

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2018

Who cares about pips etc i`m already prestige 2 going on 3 and now ive mastered the hag survivors will keep rage quitting when they cant win

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

You do realize that the event is an objective right? And you do realize that by doing the flowers you get 4k in BP even when another survivor harvests one you still get 4k bp meaning you'll get way more bp even if you die and only 2 gens have been done... like people just want that bs, boring, broken old gen rush 3min games that make survivors feel their bad ass at the game when the objective is just too easy.... heres a thought.... why not still handle gens like they're still the main objective and if you stumble across canker then harvest it that way gens still get done 🤷‍♂️ I've done it and  have more then half my survivors vials complete and getting more then 30k per match and im surviving... it's mainly the tunnel vision that survivors have and not actually thinking outside the box about things and then getting upset because their doing because their obviously doing something wrong 🙄
  • tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

@Vortexas said:

Maybe this a years ago of patch and nerf to survivors. Git gud my friend

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187

git gud doc meme was not even funny the first time I saw it... also cuz doc is the most nubish killer of all