Please don't unhook in front of the killer

Options
Toxic530
Toxic530 Member Posts: 39
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

If you don't have borrowed time WHY ARE YOU UNHOOKING PPL IN FRONT OF THE KILLER. Was just immediately downed twice after unhooked because they unhooked me right in front of the killer who just waited til I was unhooked and downed me right after before I even had the chance to run. Thanks!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited January 2021
    Options

Because there's a general mindset for any decent killer to know what perks survivors use, in a situation like that would look like the survivor is for sure using borrowed time, and maybe your mate tried to bait bt to the killer.

But if the killer is waiting for the tunnel hit, then if people dont have bt they should cancel the unhook animation

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Member Posts: 34
    Options

You were farmed for the unhook bp man...

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311
    Options

I once had a survivor that started unhooking the second my putting the survivor on the hook animation finished.

It was possibly the least unsafe hook I have ever seen.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

The best part is when they ask why you didn’t have DS.

Anyways, I’m sorry this happened to you.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

Those who unhooked me in front of the killer once with intentions to do it a second time end up wasting their time because I'll suicide on hook as soon as they reach me. Yes it's naughty.. but in those instances I don't care anymore.

• Father_Dark
    Father_Dark Member Posts: 84
    Options

Deep sigh. I know how you feel. Been farmed way to often and I end up yelling at the screen. I honestly wish there was a "kick" button for hooked survivors that would injure/stun the idiot trying to unhook you.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I do it as a last resort. Some of my characters don't have Borrowed Time. But I always figure it is better to get you right before you go into next phase/die and possibly give you a chance to escape (as I do my best to take agro) then to leave you on the hook to speed up your death anyway.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,240
    Options

The BP should be given only after a safe unhook. Then thing would be solved

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

At least someone unhooked u. I die on first hook cuz nobody rescued me.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I just had a Bill rush to me for a save on a hook while he was in the middle of a chase AND wounded, thereby keeping anybody else from doing it safely. Not that it ultimately made a difference because they were ALL idiots. Another person that was hiding near me waited until Bill was on another hook BEFORE running to unhook me, and by that time I was already in my second state. Neither of the other two tried to unhook Bill while the killer was again on my case. Sometimes it just doesn’t seem worth it.

• Toxic530
    Options

I really wasn't even mad at the killer like fr he just did what was more convenient. I'm pissed at my teammate for putting me in that position twice in a row. It's like ######### you didn't learn the first time.

• Toxic530
    Options

I hate when ppl do that too. Especially if kindred is active like bihh you can tell someone is being chased stop bullshittin and come safe me fr. Why wait til someone else is hooked the first thing the killer is gonna do is go back to the first hook. The bill though is ######### dumb like maybe he had bt and wanted to save you but at the same he knew he was wounded like #########.

• Toxic530
    Options

I literally only unhook someone if it's going to be a safe unhook there's no reason to put both of our lives in danger and risk getting them downed and hooked again. Unless I have BT and am willing to take the hit and/or down for the unhook

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

DS is your friend. But seriously i run ds only for that. I dont care when DS is a wasted perk slot for 20 games in a row. I prefer to play with three perks instead of having the risk of farming teammates.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options
  • Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Why are you writing to yourself? Do you need a penpal?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Even with BT I don't think you should unhook in front of the killer. If you can help it.

• Toxic530
    Options

Lol funny... Not why would I post about it if I did that I literally never do that #########

• Toxic530
    Options

Well I mean BT is meant for unhooking in killers terror radius other wise it doesn't activate so I mean if someone unhooks me in front of the killer and they do have BT I can't really get too mad about it

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005
    Options

I still don't get why they award those 1000 bp for unsafe unhooks. It just makes no sense. Make it so that they get nothing for the unhook, and then +1500 for a safe unhook. Right now just hookbombing and unhooking at the killer's face is the most rational strategy if you are here just for the bloodpoints, since waiting for the killer to leave gives you extra risk to lose the unhook to a competing survivor, so it's better to grab those 1000 points than to risk losing them for additional 500.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

If you are about to go into the next state anyway, I'd much rather be pulled off and have a chance to run/use DS then go into the next phase

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871
    Options

Only reason for unhooking someone in front of the killer without DS is if they are gonna transition hook stage and you want to at least give them a chance, but there are lots of clowns hookbombing seconds after the killer hooked.