Why are all the heathcare workers Killers?

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Survivors are all about teamplay and have lots of healing and generally support oriented perks. The strongest healing perks in the game Desperate Measures and Botany Knowledge are from an Architect and a Bookworm. Heck, For the People is literally a blood transfusion being performed by a Journalist.

The closest thing we have to a healthcare worker in DBD is ironically Cheryl because she took up a job as a mental health worker on a Crisis Line.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

wasnt Lisa Garland a nurse?

that would make it 1 - 1, unless we count Doctor as a "Healthcare worker" - which he really wasnt. i dont think he ever even made his Doctor title, its just a nickname he got from the captives he tortured to death...

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited January 2021

So, the one killer that formerly worked in healthcare is enough to set off alarm bells?

I mean, I guess I see where you're coming from, but at the same time it doesn't take a nurse, doctor, therapist or carer to use the power of strange and twisted magic to sacrifice your own essence and transfer it to someone else in the blink of an eye. Which is what For The People is.

Edit: Isn't Claudette a botanist, or did they retcon that?

• gatsby

Lisa isn't a Survivor. Until they give legendary skins their own nameplate on the campfire screen and at least one exclusive perk to unlock. It's just a skin and means nothing towards the actual survivor Cheryl

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

but isnt the whole point of legendary skins to change the character you play?

Trapper changes to Krampus, Oni to the Minotaurus and Cheryl changes to Lisa - gameplay wise they are still the same ofc, but canonically they are different people.

• gatsby

Ehh. The Devs don't take Legendary skins seriously they're just for money

• Avarice00
    Avarice00 Member Posts: 39

This post has made my day, and I don't know why lol. It is kinda funny that the only real healthcare workers (excluding Lisa because shes a skin) are killers.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Nurses and Doctors are just fed up with all the anti-vaxxers and people who 'know' more about their health than they do. And if you really want to get into it..

Clown was an intern for a dentist when he was a kid, that could be considered healthcare albeit for a short while.

High priestesses like Plague would have been the healers of the ancient world, which is why people came to her for healing from the actual plague.

Blight was a chemist and studied at a school of medicine, he could've easily become a doctor.

Bubba knows the human body the way a butcher knows pig or cow carcasses- I'm sure he knows which parts go where (lol)

Rin might have been a pre-med in college? (I'm just screwing around now XD)

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Plus Doctor never even got his doctorate! (the fraud!)

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Because this game is inspired by tacky slasher films cliches and one of said cliches is healthcare workers being murderous psychos.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Dwight is a Doctor

...of love

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Lisa Garland is a nurse.