The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The reason why devs didn't nerf keys in the mid chapter patch.

The exact same reason is why devs nerfed moris without announcing.

If devs showed key nerfs in the PTB patch notes or announced the significant key changes in some other way, some players would say "KEYS ARE USELESS NOW!1" and would start using all of them before the patch is released. Some time ago they made a mistake and shew Styptic and Syringe changes on he PTB, which resulted in multiple people instahealing themselves during regular matches in live version.

Developers made a very wise decision nerfing moris with no warning, and I am sure they will do the same thing (or almost the same) with keys, we just should wait a little bit.

Still, it doesn't explain why they don't touch Decisive.

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Im hoping that‘s the case. But perhaps they just need a bit more time before the nerf is ready to be released.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

I'd love to believe this, but I have a bad feeling it is just... not here. And that sucks.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'm willing to wait and see what the devs do.

But I don't want to wait several months for something that should have happened a long time ago.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Using a green key is just the same as a red one, the killer has to adapt around it, I have lost several games where a key existed but was not used just because the impact of a key existing changes your playstyle and decision making drastically.

Now what they should do atleast is, give the green key a different visual to ones which can open the hatch, then using a green key would go from equally as bad as a red one to fine.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    edited January 2021

The problem is, survivors are already spamming keys so much more since the mori nerf because they know keys are next on the chopping block. It would be nice of the devs if they delayed the mori nerfs and released them at the same time with key nerfs but that's not really possible anymore.

I hope the key changes will at least be good. Not some half-assed changes that don't solve the main problems killers have with key escapes.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Keys will not be nerfed for months, the devs themselves dont have an issue with keys, its just the minority in their community. When they are on such a tight deadline for release dates they arent going to waste time on something as minor as "key changes" when they can barely fix bugs from patch to patch

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I thought the reason devs didn't touch keys in the mid chapter patch is because they have no plans to actually balance them.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Aw yeah, what a strategy to prevent players from using keys by not announcing keys rework. But at the same time separate them from mori rework, to actually give players time to figure out and use them anyway.

Like... relax. There is no key update. Atleast I highly doubt it.

I'll also quote my comment from other post here:

Dunno, I feel like mori nerf was too rushed. Almost as if they didn't even plan it, but decided to do something as for excuse for bugged 'Binding of kin' chapter to please community.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

Because it’s not ready. There, solved the mistery to you all.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

A killer cant tell if you have a simple green key or one that can jump the hatch, they look the exact same ingame.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

As a killer main, there's absolutely no way that 56.9% of your matches have a key in them.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

That's what I have recorded so far. Note that I counted individual keys, and I probably should have specified that, but most games did not have more than 1 key.

I am on Xbox with no crossplay, North American servers.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

The least they could so is remove them from chests for the time being.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125

I would be surprised to see a change to keys within the first half of 2021.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125

Or within the second half of 2021

• SpaghettiYOLOKing
    SpaghettiYOLOKing Member Posts: 19

Bro, I haven't kept track of how many times a key has popped up since the Mori nerf by excel or anything, but for me being in red ranks, keys and hatch blueprints are easily at 50%. I see keys very frequently. It's gotten tiring.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Easy change to ds if it’s from a locker grab window vault or they score a protection hit it won’t trigger it only triggers if the killer tunnels off the bat

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

That is what I said yesterday here on the forums as well, same example being the insta heal stuff that we suffered.