New Killer Main question about trolls

I'm new to the game and LOVING it. I'm in the process of 'getting gud' and am dealing with a lot of 1ks and displeased entities. That being said, I'm really loving the game. I do have an issue with the endgame when a survivor (or several) will sit at the exit gate and teabag or just spin around, not leaving the area. I'll usually not give them the satisfaction and I'll just sit across the map and wait out the timer but there are times when they are injured and I'll have a decent chase to the gate and hit them while they are trolling. My issue is that last hit, whether M1 or maybe I have corruption with the Plague and they drop to dying state but can immediately crawl and get out whereas I have an animation that has to play out and can't pick up someone in the dying state.

I think it would be nice if there was a change to the mechanic at the endgame that would discourage the sitting at the exit gate so the killer can pick up a dying survivor who gets downed RIGHT AT the invisible barrier.

I know, some survivors are healing to get more points, but that doesn't take all the timer to heal up. Maybe a heavy penalty to bloodpoints the longer they take to get out of the exit? I don't know. I just know that I love the game and I'm gonna keep working to get the 4ks and silence the trolls. Thanks peeps and feel free to come tell me how awful I am on my stream. Come to twitch and my username, I stream almost nightly. Thanks folks!

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Not all survivors do this to troll. I personally do it so you can whack me a few times so you get extra bp.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

The thing with doing that while another survivor is still out means that the killer has to go in and hit you until you leave rather than looking for the last guy

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
  • GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

But then you can go out of the gate and help the other guy. So the killer has to chase you out

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

if you want fun play top tier killers unless you dont care about losing then pick who you want

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

While I appreciate the sentiment I have to say that this is still a troll. It would be more helpful for me if you left the gate and the game ended faster. I get more bloodpoints getting into another match several minutes faster instead of getting one more hit coming across the map to someone teabagging or spinning around or pointing or waving. Thanks!

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

That happens no matter how long you play or how high ranked you get. It’s a part of being the villain

• Father_Dark
    Father_Dark Member Posts: 84

Play Deathslinger. Today I was just about to run into the gate exit area when he hit me, hooked me for my 2nd hook and eventually I died on hook when the last survivor left. I have seen my son play Deathslinger and actually pull someone who was teabagging at that invisible barrier and sacrifice them. I never wait at the exit when playing against Deathslinger.

• bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228

bloodwarden + noed can be fun...

1. Down a survivor (with noed)
    2. Open a nearby exit gate yourself if they just 99% it.
    3. Hook the downed survivor.
    4. Have fun

(Requires good timing and other things, but when it works it can completely turn the game for you)

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Some survivors don’t understand it’s a dick move from killer perspective. Other survivors do it to be dicks.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

While I understand the frustration, realize there is a timer counting down once the exit gates are opened. This wasn't always there and the game could of lasted for hours if the survivors wanted to hide somewhere. If you don't want to see them teabagging you at the gate go break some pallets, close the hatch, and wait out the timer.

Also survivors will sometimes give the killer a final hit for BP. Its not all about poking fun at you. (Not the ones teabagging you, they are just being #########.)

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

To be honest, I don't hate this idea. Killers lose points on their emblems or whatever for staying near the hook -- maybe there can be something that dings survivors for staying in the exit gates.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483
    edited January 2021

If another survivor is still in the trial and I don't know that they're safe, I'll buy as much time for them as I can: either you come chase me out the gate or you leave me, and in the chance you catch them you risk me being able to save them. It's not meant to be trolling in that scenario, it's just me doing the best I can for my team. But if all four survivors are in the gate, then yeah it's pretty unnecessary to hang around unless you're healing up for a few extra bp's. There's nothing more disheartening as a killer than taking it easy on a team because they seem new just to watch them click and teabag in the gates at the end... Don't be that guy lol

That's just my take on it

As for discouraging waiting in the gates, I wouldn't mind a mechanic where you couldn't leave the trial through the exit gates within like five or so seconds of being put into the dying state. But that'd get VERY mixed reactions I'm sure and wouldn't be likely to ever actually happen

• billynair
    billynair Member Posts: 78

You should have been here BEFORE they put in the timer, you could see a game last for 20+ minutes with the gates open, the survivors would never leave, holding you hostage, trying to get you to DC to lose your points, waiting for 2 minutes?!?!

THAT IS NOTHING!!

BUT, if you are still worried about them teabagging, go run around kicking pallets, get a few more points before the timer ends. Honestly, having the timer has reduced the amount of pain survivors can inflict on you. Dont even bother trying to hit them, ignore them, kick pallets, if they were able to get the exit open, you basically lost, suck it up and wait the 2 minutes, go get some food from the kitchen, watch YT for a few minutes, punch your wall a few times, no reason to stand there watching them...