AFK Killer Hell

Options

I have been playing with two friends tonight, our ranks are as follows; 12, 8, 12. We have been playing for the past 2 hours, and have only had a total of FIVE matches. The average wait time for a queue being 20 minutes, only to get (you guessed it) an AFK Killer. Just standing around, not playing, with all tier 3 perks, some teachable perks, right around rank 8-10.

This has also been the normal for the past 2 weeks when we have tried to play. We will get a single killer who isn't afk in a set of 2-2.5 hours, and its always a low rank baby killer who we just run around in circles. This game is unfun anymore as a survivor for this, just making it not worth the 2.5 hours we have with playing this game when we don't even get to play. Shame to see a game that created a small little community of DBD players together be completely unplayable by the people who supported the game so fully before. (Roughly 100 people in the server, and it all started based off of 4).

Comments

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    Options

As someone who has been down into facing Red Rank (as a purple myself, friend was red, I adapted to play at that level, trial by fire), and its fun. It is just sitting there and just being bored for 5 minutes holding M1 in order to move onto the next. I am not wasting my time with running in circles, I will just hold M1 and try again with someone who actually cares to play. We can do that faster than the 5 minute penalty for DCs, while also denying the killer any additional bloodpoints.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

I swear man swf are not invincible yeah they give some hard matches but so what man if you stop playing a game because it's hard you are a loser. You have to get better so all this complaining is funny. You think I WANT to go against pyramid head or spirit or even worse deathslinger? Come on deathslinger is the killer that is the least interactive and most bs yet I still trudge on. When I play killer and get swf I trudge on. Hell I play huntress for montages and to get better ON CONSOLE and no matter what I can't win against good teams. I haven't quit. I only quit when I feel like I was wronged by some lag or some crap if I'm having a bad day which is rare. I don't understand why people think its the end of the world. He'll smol pp build is more rare than ruin and undying but no one wants to admit it. OoO is more rare too.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

AFK killers are the equivalent of DCers. You can't condone one while shaming the other.

SWFs aren't to blame. If killer mains on this forum preach anything, its to accept the challenge or don't play at all.

• GamerGirlFeng
    edited January 2021
    Options

Double posted for some reason and I don't know how to delete one. Whoops!

• GamerGirlFeng
    Options

Do you say the same thing when it comes to playing against stridor spirits or irihead huntress?

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434
    Options

Actually.

Just like people always say.

most of people play for fun.

If people can accept dc vs old legion .

And it actually causes old legion who has the lowest killing rate even people dc against them get nerf.

Then you should know that killer would want to do the same thing.

killers are player too.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Iri huntress as a solo yes since most huntress players also have suspiciously high ping.

spirit no since i run spinechill and understand how she works.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

They are NOT the equivalent. At all. A DC'er ends the game. An AFK'er makes it easy mode.

When my new friend needs to unlock a door with Ace for a daily, she can do that against an AFK, she can't against a DC.

Need to unlock 3 chests?

Cleanse totems?

Get a new item and escape with it?

Harvest a Canker?

You can do none of these things against a DCer.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

AFK killer is actually worse in my eyes. The reason people say DCing is so bad is because it ruins the rest of the game for everyone it the match, but it just makes it into a 3v1 which yes can suck as a survivor and killer but it can also still be fun and you still get to play the game and interact. And AFK killer ruins that match completely. The whole point of the game is to interact/chase/hide from the killer which you can’t do if they’re AFK but you can if it’s 3 v 1

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

I’m just someone that’s wants to play the game and have fun when I jump on, not do nothing to get a minuscule amount of bloodpoints. And I’d probably get more bloodpoints white actually having fun of the killer played. Most challenges and archives you need the killer playing as well to complete them.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Completely agree, SWF has that aura of being unbeatable gods abusing everything at their hand and most SWFs are manegeable, I blame the fearmongering on those extremely good streamers that make SWFs with other extremely good friends and go around stomping and trolling people because viewers love that (talk about schadenfreude), but those cases are extremely extremely rare.

• Windfell
    Windfell Member Posts: 45
    Options

Too many SWF, particularly during these lockdowns, means longer queue times for Survivor games.

• GamerGirlFeng
    Options

I hate to say it, but if an AFK killer is what you need to get things done as a survivor, then a game like this probably isn't for you.. or your friend.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

From what I understand, afk killers are standing there just to get free points or to kill survivors once they don't expect it. easy kills for them when the survivors are watching them standing.

In case i play against afk killer, i finish the game as fast as possible but still enjoying it. finding a chest and taking an object for free and then leaving.

It is wrong to get such a match after waiting more than 10 minutes though.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

Reverse boosting(Going afk to purposefully derank) Is something a friend of mine does constantly. He's told me it's the most fun he's had in DBD. But he's the kind of guy that only cares about his own fun even if it means others don't have fun.

There is a hug downside to reverse boosting apparently, even if you're a rank 20 you'll always get atleast 1 purple/red rank player. Similar to how a purple rank like me always get red rank sweat squads. And since he's stomping nooobs all the time, when he does go up against a better player he struggles alot.

If you still see this as an issue you actually don't have too, and I'll tell you why.

When the new MMR comes in (bloodpoint rewards and stuff) EVERYONE starts at rank 20, so instead of having to deal with 1 red rank he'd have to deal with a second in most cases, sometimes a third.

That's quite a QOL upgrade if you ask me, no more reverse boosting for killers. If they still try after the update they'll probably bump in to red ranks trying to climb, especially during week 1

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

No it's because they're tired of hard teams full of meta perks at high ranks on unfair maps etc.

• GamerGirlFeng
    Options

As far as new players go, the afk killers are purposely deranking to stomp and bully those very people.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Yeah, unfortunately, there's not much new players can do about that.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297
    Options

No, because Stridor will ger nerfed to the ground and Iron Will will get buffed, as always in the Survivors favour.

If im getting bullied (flashlight spam, Teabagging, Bodyblocking etc.) i just leave the Match. Thats it. I dont support toxicity, thats why i leave the match and i'll take the 5 mins Queue Timer :)

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    edited July 2021
    Options

While I don't condone AFKing (if I really want to depip I'll just play badly and then DC when 3 survivors have escaped) what is to blame then?

Its too easy to reach purple ranks as killer, and once you reach purple, you're within the first matchmaking bracket for red ranks.

Once you reach purple, you face nothing but sweaty red ranks who dominate you if you're not Nurse/Spirit/Blight. It is a horrible experience as a killer who definitely shouldn't be facing red ranks.

Killers are expected to follow certain conduct, don't camp, don't tunnel, give the hatch if someone DC's, etc. etc. Survivors, especially red ranks, have nothing of the sort. If you show a split second of weakness as the killer you're a "dumbass ######### suck my cock you stupid killer hahaha loooooser, watch me teabag you with my flashlight as you fail to hit me at the exit gate. #########"

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Holy crap your average wait time is 20 minutes? I play with friends all the time (2, 3, and 4 man SWF) and our queue time has never been over 5 min and is usually close to like 1 or 2 min on average.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

Honestly? With the toxicity I've been experiencing in the game lately, I wish I were getting more afk Killers. Let me get a gen done, cleanse some totems, get some basement time, then run around near the Killer and get bold points before sayonara-ing out the gate.