The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any plans to increased the survivors numbers?

With so many nerfs to survivors It's almost mission imposible play killer right now.
I think the nerfs are ok, but so muuuuch killers right now, make killer daily take me 2 years of lobby wait. And now with the event....... I think I can't got the 30 coins for killer side before end(already have 30 for survivor)

Devs, Have any plans to make survivors more atractive?
Maybe both sides win same amount of BP? For example, BBQ 99.9999% of the times u got 4 tokens, WGLF only got 4 token 1 time every 6 matchs.
Idk something need to be done.

Comments

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Killer lobbies are bugged again on PC. Has nothing to do with lack of Survivor players. If there was a lack of Survivors, you’d get stuck waiting ages for others to show up in lobby with you to play Survivor as well. Unless you are a 4 man stack of SWF. This happens after major updates all the time, then the developers do something with the net code and things are back to normal. 

It has nothing to do with Survivors getting nerfed or being unappealing to play. 
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I play both sides. I don't think survivors have stopped playing survivors because of the nerfs. It's just because of the event objectives that many survivor mains are now playing Killer to earn the hallowed costumes before the event ends. Also, if they allow players to harvest even after completing the vial objectives, so that players can use their offerings and farm bloodpoints, it will actually solve matchmaking issues in a way tbh.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I play both sides. I don't think survivors have stopped playing survivors because of the nerfs. It's just because of the event objectives that many survivor mains are now playing Killer to earn the hallowed costumes before the event ends. Also, if they allow players to harvest even after completing the vial objectives, so that players can use their offerings and farm bloodpoints, it will actually solve matchmaking issues in a way tbh.
    Most of my Survivor Main friends refuse to even play Killer. They won’t even waste the time trying. They would rather just buy the second Survivor cosmetic with Auric Cells. They said it would be a pointless and annoying grind they could skip for $10, they don’t care about the Killer cosmetics cause they don’t play Killer anyway as well. As well as most of them don’t care about the BP on Killer cause they already have all the perks for their Survivors. 

It was just another failed failed attempt by the developers to try to get Survivor Mains to actually care about Killer in my opinion.
  • Murlin
    Murlin Member Posts: 15

@Markness said:
    You're on console too, I'm guessing? Free copy of the game? Rank 20?

Nope, PC, 1.1k of h, only rank 8 because can't play as killer xD

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

I would like at-least 6 survivor's vs 1 killer. More gens or increased gen times and more people for killers to kill can never be a bad thing.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Been waiting for 15 mins now while a streamer is waiting another killer queue as well LUL

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

They need to overhaul their entire match making process. I don't think their server or serverS can handle it.

It seems like every time their system is over run with an influx of players it comes to a screeching halt.

The current problem is probably a result of not enough survivors or too many killers, but more so not enough computing power to fill lobbies quick enough.

People have been complaining about match making since the beginning so now there is probably some massive process that the MMR goes through to fill lobbies which is just being overloaded now with too many players trying to get the event done.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Murlin said:
    With so many nerfs to survivors It's almost mission imposible play killer right now.
    I think the nerfs are ok, but so muuuuch killers right now, make killer daily take me 2 years of lobby wait. And now with the event....... I think I can't got the 30 coins for killer side before end(already have 30 for survivor)

Devs, Have any plans to make survivors more atractive?
    Maybe both sides win same amount of BP? For example, BBQ 99.9999% of the times u got 4 tokens, WGLF only got 4 token 1 time every 6 matchs.
    Idk something need to be done.

The situation will solve itself in a week. No need to worry

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Honestly i wish with this event they would have made it so that you could get 60 vials regardless of if you play killer or survivor and then give bonus bloodpoints to everyone both killer and survivor when each side completes an event objective so long as they ran a petal offering. Atleast then there would not be such a large disparity in queue times and everyone would be motivated to keep running the petal offerings.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If they literally just allowed survivors to collect bloodpoints with vials after 30 this ENTIRE problem would be fixed. Being unable to go past 30 is the whole reason killer que's are ridiculous right now. This isn't mentioning how everyone's got petal offerings that are totally worthless stacked in their inventory because of that 30 limit. They seriously need to hotfix this and solve the problem.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    FFS
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

@Killmaster said:
    I would like at-least 6 survivor's vs 1 killer. More gens or increased gen times and more people for killers to kill can never be a bad thing.

F*ck, no! Herding four cats is tiring enough, I don't have the stamina to chase six of the little bastards.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I normally don't DC, but I actually might start just to get reasonable wait times again.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

@Eight said:

@Killmaster said:

F*ck, no! Herding four cats is tiring enough, I don't have the stamina to chase six of the little bastards.

Just hook who you can, 3 die 3 escape that's a fair and even match.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

I'm a survivor main. Yeah some of the nerfs suck, but it has not deterred me from playing daily.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

@Killmaster said:
    Just hook who you can, 3 die 3 escape that's a fair and even match.

Lol.

My profile is private, but couple of times I week I play on someone else's machine and get hate mail. Got one recently because I didn't try to kill everyone. Like, it's quarter to midnight, I'm tired, and you shits have ran me ragged for 20mins... just escape so I can go to sleep.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@SovererignKing said:
    Killer lobbies are bugged again on PC. Has nothing to do with lack of Survivor players. If there was a lack of Survivors, you’d get stuck waiting ages for others to show up in lobby with you to play Survivor as well. Unless you are a 4 man stack of SWF. This happens after major updates all the time, then the developers do something with the net code and things are back to normal. 

It has nothing to do with Survivors getting nerfed or being unappealing to play. 

it's not exactly a bug, there is a random influx of killer lobbies at different times of day, I usually can't play killer until late at night when there's less lobbies.

• Zaram
    Zaram Member Posts: 36

@SovererignKing said:

lol, The lobby bug excuse.
    What is so hard to understand that people play a lot more killer because of the event?

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

Dunno, if people havent figured out yet that just queuing vivor for more points im done. Pretending waiting 40+ mins for a lobby results in more points is just dumb.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Zaram said:

@SovererignKing said:

lol, The lobby bug excuse.
    What is so hard to understand that people play a lot more killer because of the event?

Yeah it's clearly because of the event: a LOT more players play as killer now, or try to. I used to have less than 5 minutes of waiting for survivors. Now if it's less then 20, I feel extremely lucky.

I think we need to consider paying third world youngsters to play survivor for an hourly fee or something.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Vecors said:
    Dunno, if people havent figured out yet that just queuing vivor for more points im done. Pretending waiting 40+ mins for a lobby results in more points is just dumb.

Some people want the event hooks for the vials though.