Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Only Tunnelers care about DS

km66
km66 Member Posts: 111

Change my mind.

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I don't care about DS one way or the other. The only thing I think should change about it is that the Survivor should not be able work on Generators and other things without deactivating it. :) Same thing with Borrowed Time, etc. The Perks aren't for you to do things in the Killer's face.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

No cause this is a stupid take from someone trying to be "edgy." lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I would say only trolls and survivors that need more than 3 chances care about keeping it.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

On the contrary, it’s only because of DS existence that I’ll partially tunnel survivors to get rid of the perk.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Exactly, in my opinion it makes more sense to eat the DS early game to avoid any complications when snowballing later on! If they don't have it its a free hook, and i'll let them run free next unhook if they don't have it!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

I'm much the same way. Often getting DS'd for me means they better b e VERY good because if they make any mistake I WILL kill them for it. However if I am not DS'd I'll probably give them some leeway so they stay in the game longer- if you have DS you had your chance and I will use all of mine to make sure you die.

Especially if you are doing that locker nonsense or such.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Yup, you've had your second chance why would I give you another? This isn't tea party by daylight!

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If I get hit by DS it usually means 1 of 3 things.

• I'm playing very well and being punished for it
    • I ran into the person I just hooked by chance and forget they were just hooked
    • My favorite. The survivor deliberately comes to me because they have DS.

None of my reasons involve ignoring other survivors to take out this one person.

• I disagree but I mean, DS especially with unbreakable is so broken that I would happily just delete noed from the entire game if it got rid of DS. I don't even use Noed so I would be SUPER happy with that arrangement.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Only ....master baiters... ask for their minds to be changed in their posts!!

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Only inexperienced survivors care about DS.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    edited January 2021

I'm a killer main that never tunnels unless gens are going so fast that I need someone out to even the field, which isn't very often. DS as an anti tunneling perk I don't dislike (in fact I think they should remove the skill check because they weaker players that are more likely to be tunnelled are also more likely to miss the skill check).

I hate DS when it's abused by people bm'ing, hook rushing to trade downs so they can try to ds me while unhooking right after they're unhooked, spending 60 seconds tbagging and flashlight clicking right outside a locker etc...

I do realize it's necessary for anti tunnelling off hook. When I play survivor I get tunneled often off hook because I'm still horrible at chase. So even though I strive not to tunnel, I do see how often it happens.

It needs conditions for deactivation. 60 seconds is too long to be tunnelled off hook. When it's used as a bully tool.

• The problems with DS are more than that; it's just that combo amplifies its problem.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

I think 60 secs of protection is too much, Now 30 is no big deal and is logical. But, a whole flipping Minute is just ######### crazy.

Mainly because a lot can happen in 60 secs..It would be like a perk that after a gen is done the Survivors who poped It can't do another for 60 seconds. And you damn well,know fits would be thrown

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I pretty much never tunnel.

the only time DS affects me is when a survivor has it during EGC and if they go into a locker which i just take the stun so they don't have it during EGC. There is also it combined with unbreakable but that is pretty much it and they can heavily nerf what that combo is used for by simply making DS deactivate if you work on a gen, DO IT DEVS.

If you have a problem with DS outside of what i put above maybe don't tunnel, it is really easy to find survivors hell you can hear them through walls just get good at that so you don't think your only option is going for the unhooked guy who probably has DS because your the one at fault for doing what DS is literally designed to counter.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

new fone who dis?

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Wow calling out survivors as tunnelers. I feel offended.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Kinda. A lot of players do tunnel (even though they don't want to admit it), but I've seen many situations where the Killer hasn't tunnelled yet gets punished by this Perk.

BHVR straight up say it's not designed to counter tunnelling, but I think it should be horseshoed in the role for better balance. The fact it can be used for many situations shows how overwhelming it is.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I think DS is fine. Please don't change.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

Oh, sorry. You got unhooked, fully healed, and completed a gen, but I picked you up at the 59th second. I'm such a filthy tunneler, so sorry.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

It punishes good killers for being good at the game and rewards survivors for saving late in the time the killer could have downed/hooked another survivor, with so much time going by you don't realize that injured person sitting on a gen has it. Altnernatively it does its job against killers who do specifically go out of there way to tunnel. But we pretend that it's okay for the good killers because well, they're good, they should be able to just "Deal with" something that is broken.

If you think total immunity for 60 seconds, even moreso with UB, is healthy, but Ruin/Undying is not, then you're lacking some brain power.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

I can hook 2 different Survivors and still get hit by DS.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited January 2021

You know people used to say that Ruin/Undying could be countered by "Just do the totems" yet it was still busted and did too much for bad killers.

Yet here we are in the exact same position with DS, people say "Just slug lole" when it's still just as busted and too strong even for bad survivors. Of course, the difference being a) UB makes that irrelevant, and B) Slugging, while generating a bit of pressure and time without UB, isn't a hook state, and if the person the killer happens to go interact with is decent at looping, that slug time? It's irrelevant.

A perk like DS allowing what it allows people to do isn't healthy whatsoever, it never has been. People who don't understand this game can't understand how broken it is, because they only see it as "Dur, stops bad tunlrs" they probably are bad players, they don't quite understand what makes it such a big problem that's never really addressed.

It's always amazing how the killer has to assume every survivor has DS and should "just slug" or else they'll lose so much pressure and time. But that's okay. I've never really known another perk to give so much power to multiple people by virtue of "possibly having it"

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144

Nice job.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Let me get this straight.

You're tunneling to eat a DS and then tunneling again?

I seriously doubt you're giving anyone any leeway regardless if they have DS or not.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Let me give you an example about how bad DS can be, I had a survivor who just got unhooked run at me as I'm hooking another survivor. If I hit them, their BT is triggered and they get a free save, if I grab them, they DS me and get the save, if I do nothing to wait out the BT, they get the save and still have 45 seconds left to DS me.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Here my troll ds post give me validation. There i corrected your post.

Anyone who actually believe what they posted would have backed there statements instead of just looking for attention poor show.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Another bait thread....Next

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I got hit by 3 DS as nurse back to back, I guess I tunneled 3 survivors at once.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
  • Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    edited January 2021

Its always fun to hunt someone down, hook them, run into the person you thought got unhooked hours go, down them or grab them off a gen, and then get DSed after they where at full health