New PTB 4.5.0 (My thoughts.)

ClaudioFrosty
ClaudioFrosty Member Posts: 12
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

So after downloading, playing, and getting a general feel of the new PTB and the changes to come, I can honestly say I'm excited. I'm excited for the game to take a more realistic approach with the arrival of new animations, perk changes, and most of all the map changes for Gideon Meat Plant and The Asylum. Unless there are some things I have missed, I believe both maps have been made relatively balanced for both sides and I applaud BHVR for that. I'm not sure if the map size for The Asylum has shrunk though, let me know if it has!

However, just like with any thought discussion post, there are always negatives. My only real negative point that I have about the new PTB is the HUD. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the developers when they say "Out with the old, in with the new." But something feels... off about the new HUD. I was going to suggest having the character portraits and number of generators where the current portraits and generator count is, instead of in the top left as it is massively confusing when playing both Killer and Survivor. It may be just a case of getting used to the new layout, but I believe that the HUD should possibly be tweaked a little more. Other than that, I quite like the new changes we have been given.

In conclusion, I believe that there are quite a lot of mixed feelings about the new PTB, especially with the HUD changes and the nerf to Hex: Undying. But I personally believe that the game may be heading in the right direction with this new update. So this is where I open the discussion to the rest of you, what do you like about the PTB? What do you dislike? What would you change? What would you keep the same? What ideas would you present to the developers, if possible, to implement into this PTB/new patch? I'm only interested in having a civil conversation over this, but please leave your thoughts down below! I'm sure I'll have fun reading them!

Edit: I've marked this as General Discussion because it's not really feedback on the PTB as such, just me thinking out loud to the rest of the world and hoping people will chime in with their opinions.

Comments

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Problem is having stuff at the top of the screen. That's where you're going to be looking to to spot things in your peripheral. With things cluttered around the top it kinda detracts away from the game. Having everyone at the bottom like the old UI is good because that's where you're not going to be looking to spot the killer/survivors/obstacles. Your character is already there and it's a small amount of space that you won't need to account for.

Also by having everything scattered about the screen, you also have to constantly move your eyes around. Instead of a quick glance to the bottom of the screen for information, you have to look up to see who's injured/being chased/etc. Look down to the left to see your items. Look to the right to check ability cooldowns. See what statuses are happening top right. All the while having to constantly look out for the killer while obscured by this ######### all around the screen.

• ClaudioFrosty
    ClaudioFrosty Member Posts: 12

I definitely agree here, hence why I suggested instead of the portraits being at the top left they should replace the icons we have now at the bottom of the screen. Having full visibility is great. I can really understand your point here, as a survivor could be hiding somewhere near the top left of the screen, but you'd never see them because of the character portraits. Good point to bring up!