Chapter Idea: Underworld

Options
Tayte
Tayte Member Posts: 65

A new licensed chapter idea based on the movies Underworld.

New killer: The werewolf

Name: William Corvinius.

Hair colour: White

Eye colour: White

Power: Ferocious Jump.

Weapon: Claws.

Speed: 115%

Terror radius: 32 m.

Background:

The very first werewolf. William Corvinius. Ever since the unfortunate meeting with a wolf in a forest, William was found having a new grotesque body. Unlike the later to come werewolves who could transform back to their normal human self, William was cursed with the inability to do so. Now immortalized as a werewolf he was castaway. Hunted. Running with uncontrollable rage and thirst for blood through the countryside, he found himself getting surrounded by a fog that seemed endless. Before he could process what had happened he found himself in a never before seen realm with new victims.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Power:

Ability: Ferocious jump.

The jump of a wild beast guaranteed to make any victim underneath fear the above.

-Grants The Wolf the ability to jump over small structures (pallets, windows, rocks etc), with 15. seconds cooldown. The jump gets increased and deadlier by the longer you hold the button, and in some maps allows the player to jump really high or forward(depending on the direction the killer is looking in). While in the air, you can slightly steer it a little. Missing the jump, can give survivors a high change of putting distance between you again.

-Automatically trigger the dying state when landing on a survivor with a fully charged jump.

(Extra note: I realise the jump would be hard to make work in indoor maps. That would need some tweaking with the windows and pallets to make work. He also lacks map pressure. So he needs to be really aggressive, hence why I think the cooldown can be justified, but it would require testing in action for me to properly tell. I am not really an expert in such)

Mori: Clawing the survivor, chewing on their neck and howling afterwards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Killer Perks:

1. Fainting fit:

You hit hard. Whenever you hit any survivor 3 times, your next hit on any survivor will cause their screen to be slightly blackened out for a moment, where they can’t see much to the sides.

2. I see you:

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

Hitting a survivor will reveal the other hit survivor's aura for 5 seconds.

This effect applies to any Survivors hit until they are healed or put in a downed state.

3. Hex: Paranoia:

One Totem will start with a fake killer radius upon it. Switching to a new totem every 15 seconds. The sound gets intensified the closer the survivor gets to the totem.

New survivor:

Survivor: Selene

Hair colour: Dark brown

Eye Colour: Hazel or blue? (vampire form)

Background:

The ‘death dealer’ Selene was a vital asset in the war against the lycans. She woke up Viktor, the vampire elder ahead of time, because she believed Lucian, ‘the Lycan leader’ was still alive, but Viktor was not the saviour she had hoped for, and he sentenced her to death for awakening him before time

Selene fortunately managed to escape before this could happen. Now vampire allies had turned against her, and she would be hunted by lycans and vampires alike for many months

Humanity became aware of the vampire and lycan presence, and began drastic measures to exterminate them. In doing so, they managed to capture Selene and put her into a cryogenic coma for many years to come. Weakening her vampire powers.

When she finally woke up from her coma, she realized she was no longer in the same place she was captured, as she stood up awoke in the entities realm with no vampire powers or knowledge of how she got here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Survivor perks:

1. One with death:

Each time a survivor gets hooked you fall deeper into a bond you made with the entity,

2 hooked survivors = You can see the aura of survivors within 16m of your current location,

3 hooked survivors = The killer is less able to read your aura, reducing his aura reading on you by 20m

5 hooked survivors = You move 5% faster

if you get hooked it resets

2. Hurdling:

A dead hard for windows that activates automatically. Grants the ability to jump a little faster towards a window to jump through it, and gives a small frame of invincibility. High cooldown. Causes the exhaust status.

3. Glass cannon:

You put it all on the line, always. All your basic actions speed are moderately increased. However, if you get hooked the first time, you immediately end up in the struggle state. Your struggle bar timer decreases tremendously. A sacrifice with Glass Cannon equipped will count as a full 3 hook sacrifice for the killer.

Cosmetics:

For the werewolf:

Chains armor: A reminder of being held captive for many years with torment.

Stalker: An outfit blending into the shadows, with the dark fur.

A memory of a normal life: Ragged human clothing, from a past long gone.

For Selene:

Cape with hood: Exploring new lands requires you to stay warm.

Fur coat: What is more majestic than a big white fur coat?

With or without the big leather trench coat: Classic look, classic style.

Map: Ördögház (Vampire mansion/Coven)

Notes:

I will admit I always really wanted a werewolf, and Underworld just has the best werewolves in media fitting for dead by daylight that I could think of. Cosmetics for a werewolf are also hard, therefore I thought it would be fitting it would be a licensed one. Since they don’t get many cosmetics as is.

Selene was another tough subject, but it wouldn’t be right to do an Underworld chapter and not have the main character included. Of course the issue was she had her vampire powers. I had to somehow figure out a way to take that away. I really like the idea of her being added, since she would be pretty badass with Ash.

Some tweaks may be needed, but we'll figure it out.

Comments

• BlooperReel
    BlooperReel Member Posts: 127
    Options

Ferocious Jump is something similar to what I made not too long ago and it actually reminds me that I did not account for indoor maps either. I doubt this will be too much of an issue because The Game is opening up a lot and that'll make Hawkins the single nastiest indoor map so I suppose players would just suffer on that map as either of our killers.

Not really sure how I like Fainting Fit, it's less annoying as a similar concept I saw but it's not the worst thing I've seen

I See You isn't bad either but I personally think there might be better perks, plus I'm sure I'm missing out on a way that might stack weird in an unfair way with certain killers, not sure.

Hex: Paranoia is actually probably the best imo but it seems to underpowered, the timer is a tad too quick but the main problem is that it's just not all that great. It'll get some people but at some point you'll drop it in favor of other perks.

For One With Death; 2 tokens is effectively a weaker version of Bond, 3 tokens is pretty okay, 5 tokens is a weaker version of Hope.

Hurdling seems like a combination of (as you said) Dead Hard and Lithe. I doubt the developers will go for this one.

I have mixed feelings about Glass Cannon, this relies on you really keeping away from the killer, at high ranks you'd be better off just using No Mither (no offense)

• Tayte
    Options

no offense taken. I appreciate all opinions and critics. c:

• Scoted
    Scoted Member Posts: 57
    Options

I like the idea of a werewolf killer but unfortunately I think a lot of what you've mentioned is either similar to things already in the game or is made obsolete by existing things.

For example, the Wolf seems to be a buffed version of Demogorgon without the portals. It is slightly different as you can jump and lack portals but I'm not sure if it's different enough for it to be a chapter.

Also, 'I see you' seems like a buffed version of infectious fright and would make that perk obsolete. Hurdling seems like a worse version of dead hard so I would see people just using dead hard instead.

Glass cannon is interesting, acting like dying light but for survivors, I think some risky players might play it so that sounds good.

I feel like Fainting Fit is underpowered, it wouldn't actually do anything, especially with high level players. Maybe if it was witched to the hindered status effect it would be substantial.

I love the cosmetics! And the survivor looks cool, as well as the map looking so fun to play on, I'd love a mansion map with a big main hall. Although, hopefully it'll be better than Midwich. I love the chapter idea but some things may need a few tweaks. Good work! I also love the pictures!

• Tayte
    Options

Thank you. Yeah, as far as gameplay goes. How useful and varied abilities are, is something I do struggle with. I would edit it to make a more cohesive one, but I don't think am able to. I love making concepts, but I lack inside knowledge for these things. Still, I appreciate the feedback. c:

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Options

I've wanted this for quite a while. Great job/effort thinking and typing it all out. I'm sure it wouldn't happen quite like this, but it would be awesome. I think that if we do get a Werewolf, it will be original/unlicensed to save them money. I would love this though.

• Tayte
    Options

Yeah, me and my friend talked about this. We both agreed it would likely be an original concept they would make. In any scenario, I still would love a licensed chapter of underworld. Too bad its likely not gonna happen, but one can dream!

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    Options

The power looks pretty good, promoting an offensive playstyle which really suits a feral animal style of Killer, similar to Demogorgon in a sense. I like it a lot!

Fainting Fit is cool, but I think it could be better. Maybe after 5/4/3 hits the perk activates, and it only works on uninjured Survivors? It could also apply the Oblivious status effect for 30 or so seconds, as well as cause a ringing so the Survivor can't hear anything for that time, since at the current moment it seems kind of weak.

I See You is just a direct buff to Legion, it's perfect.

Hex: Paranoia would be a meme, which is perfectly fine. It would mess with newer players a lot, too.

One With Death is pretty cool. The numbers would need some finetuning, but I have no idea what that finetuning would be, so I won't say anything any further.

Hurdling is pretty good, securing a lot more windows safe, and it separates itself from Dead Hard by being able to be used at any time.

Glass Cannon is really cool, but removing the increased rate of death on hook would be good. Removing 1 of 3 lives is balanced enough.

• Tayte
    Options

I really appreciate all the feedback you've given me. Thank you so much