The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Friend or foe

archive0seeker
archive0seeker Member Posts: 54

should we trust vigo as ally towards the survivors or is he the the true enemy

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I think we should trust him, he is just another person pulled into the realm of the entity against his will after all.

• archive0seeker
    archive0seeker Member Posts: 54

But what if vigo came in the realm willingly like talbot, how could you trust someone who enters a world of terror just by their free will

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

He doesn't really seem like the kind of person to willingly come into this realm though, he also acts like it is a comforting hell where he is.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

He made the hatch soo, yeah. I’d trust him.

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129

Vigo notes show us he did not come to the realm willingly. Same for Talbot, he was tricked to get into the realm like Felix when the Entity used their desire against them and then woke up with no memory of what happen. Talbot desire to learn/explore and Felix desire to find his father.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

I'm a survivor main and vigo made hatch

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

We should trust him all we know is that he is like the observer he made a realm of his own but we don't know where it is

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

That thing that gives the survivor even more hope to feed off of when he's watching his team get picked off one by one? There's a reason the entity let's that appear every time, just like the gates themselves.

Viggo making the hatch is what makes me not trust him.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

I mean. Given that statement, yeah I can see where you’re coming from. Survivors can choose to play selfishly to get hatch, when it comes down to it.

But still, I’m sure he made it as a Survivors last hope to escape, be it one or all 4 of them.

With that being said though, I’d sooner trust Benedict than trusting Vigo.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Here's my thinking.

The hatch doesn't allow you to escape the entity's realm, it just allows you to escape that trial. So it's as much of an escape as the gates that we know the entity created for its game.

The toolboxes, keys, health packs, all of those just prolong the death of the survivors. If they go too quick, it's not much of a meal for the entity after all, so it needs to find ways to prolong the game and give survivors hope to then feed off of. The hatch does this, while keeping the survivors distracted from finding a true escape back into their worlds. That makes me think that whoever created the hatch did so at the entity's suggestion, if not outright command.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

He might've made the Hatch, but IIRC it was a byproduct of a failed escape attempt, and in any case Benedict Baker's journals seem to imply that The Entity willingly keeps the Hatch around because it actually makes the Trials more efficient.

I don't think that makes him a foe, though. My impression of Vigo is that he's neither friend nor foe, more of a neutral third party. Though, when the alternative is an eldritch god and its bloodthirsty minions, that probably makes him "friend" in most people's books.

With that said, it's worth keeping in mind that those salted lips had to come from somewhere...

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129

We shouldn't look at things as black and white. Survivors are not that innocent. For example we are told survivors did kill another survivor in the realm because he kept screaming and they wanted him to shut up so the killers wont find them. They will do everything they can to survive.

What Vigo did is because he wanted to survive and to find a way out of the realm. It is stays and be food for the Entity and then get discarded in the void like trash after it is done with you or attempt to escape.