Can each killer have their own ranks?

I have no idea what's going on with matchmaking? I'm desperate for individual killer ranks, as I'm amazing as one killer, get to red rank, then go someone like Billy to learn him and get absolutely destroyed by red ranks. I don't know if they're still trying to get that MMR system working but I would really appreciate separate skill levels for each killer.

Comments

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

They’re still working on the MMR system and it will have separate MMR for each killer, hence why you’re now locked to one in the lobby

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Good to hear they are still working on it. I know the code for it would be a nightmare, but it would be nice if they could take individual killer and Survivor levels into account in MM.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

There's base knowledge that applies to every killer. If you can get that down you can play any killer well, minus Nurse.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,915

Individual killer will be taken into consideration...for example if you are a god at Hillbilly but barely play Wraith your MMR score for Wraith will be lower than it is for Hillbilly, so you'd get matched with survivors with lower MMR scores as well (not brand new players though because you will still retain some MMR score, as you're not a totally new player, you would know the maps etc).

For Survivor I don't believe there will be different MMR scores per character as survivors are just skins so there's no difference between them, it's completely different to learning a killers power for example.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

i dont see why you would want that.

Imagine being good at the core of the game then playing a killer you dont play usually and get put vs rank 20s

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Do you have a source for that? How do you know they are working on a separate MMR for each Killer?

We know that they already tried to create a Killer-specific MMR but failed miserably at it and reverted it back to the rank based MMR. They forgot to get rid of the "Killer locked while queue" thing though, that's the ONLY reason why Killers are now locked when in the lobby.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

That takes time and effort. Something BHVR isn't very good at.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Imagine having a core rank based on your overall MMR and then Killer specific MMRs to climb up the ladder from, say R10 to Rank 1.

The lack of creativity in this forum is triggering af, people can only think black or white without compromises or thoughts outside of the box. Pathetic.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

It's really weird to put into words since the game does have official ranks for each side, but I sort of see it as a placement. The rank will still be shared among all the killers but your placement (as far as how good you are) as the individual killers will be different.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Knowing that each killer will have their own separate MMR is what will get me back to playing killer.

Right now your overall rank determines on whom you get matched against, and that can be completely detrimental to a killer match. I played Ghostface for the first time a few weeks ago, and my overall rank being what it is, matched me against purple and red rank survivors. Needless to say going up against skilled survivors on a killer I've never played with before didn't exactly end well for me. As you can imagine I had no desire to continue being destroyed over and over while I learned the ins and outs of Ghostface.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Where did you get this false info though?

we have confirmation that the devs are working on MMR and that it actually will be tested with this very midchapter (along with the new rank system and rewards).

we also have confirmation that they deliberately have chosen to leave the mechanic for killers not able to switch after readying up. They didn’t want to switch this up every time they tested MMR and it also requires each time a client sided download to switch, this would lead to too much hassle and inconsistency for players.