The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Best exhaustion perk in your opinion?

When I first started this game, about 4 months ago I used to use Lithe all of the time. Then I moved onto Sprint Burst, and now I'm trying to figure out how to properly use Dead Hard.

Lithe seems so balanced (for me) and has helped me escape in multiple situations when timed correctly. However, I feel like with Sprint burst I seem to be a lot more slower.

I tend to do things more fast paced than others, and be careful at the same time. So whenever I use Sprint burst is possibly to dodge killer's attacks, have gotten away when I've seen the killer coming towards me while I've worked on a generator, and to save somebody on the hook. Most of the time I'm normally just walking around, not running but walking and it makes me feel a lot less useful as a teammate. There are times when I say '**** it' and do it, but like I dunno.

I hardly ever used Dead Hard so now I'm trying to figure out how to use it at the right times, but at the moment I might go back to Lithe.

Adrenaline is okay, but it's considered the best perk according to this community. I feel like it's just a slot wasted when it comes to perks I dunno.

Balanced landing seems to be more situational, never been interested in the perk though.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Ugh, i never run these Perks.
    But if i were to pick one, i'd probably go for Lithe.
    I like the restriction on Lithe.
    With SB, there's a good chance i use it and then get a Killer on me right after, eliminating the Perk from that chase.
    That's not gonna happen with Lithe.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Balanced landing is hands down the best. Dead Hard is probably the most fun for both sides though.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2018
    Sprint burst and balanced landing are tied imo. Sprint bust can still be used at the beginning of a chase and can still be used a lot in a match to get to places. Balanced landing is really good too and in some ways,better than SB but some maps have few places to use it and can't be used as often as SB. Dead hards a good option but some killers can Insta down you and its easy to bait out.
  • ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103

I'd say Lithe or Balanced Landing, but that's coming from a person who always runs the entire match. I just think that Sprint Burst got hit super hard with the Exhaustion buff.
    Dead Hard is just a ######### meme at this point.

• blaahval22
    blaahval22 Member Posts: 64

I haven't used Lithe much because I really didn't like it when I tried it last. I found it very unpredictable and often it didn't activate when I wanted it too - it's probably down to training and I'm thinking about giving it a second chance soon.

I like both Balanced Landing and Sprint Burst, however objectively I do think Sprint Burst is best since you always have it with you and can activate it any time, any place and any map. How good Balanced Landing is depends a lot on the map and your location on it - on some maps it is close to useless and on others it is way better than Sprint Burst.

The massive downside is of course that you need to walk around with Sprint Burst and be careful that you do not accidentially activate it. You waste a lot of precious time that way and you really need to be "in the mood" for a SB-build.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    iceman2kx said:

Balanced landing is hands down the best. Dead Hard is probably the most fun for both sides though.

This, this is exactly my thought.. Love both and I think they are the most fun and balanced tbh

Outplay with them are so fun in either side
  • CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37
    NOED. 

When you get hit, you're so exhausted. Mentally.
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Dead Hard for me.. but only in low ping lobbies.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Dead Hard. Helps you possibly escape from a camping killer or if you were farmed by a teammate.

Lithe is second because of crappy chase detection.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Lithe unless you couple Sprint Burst with Urban evasion.

I don't like how easy it is to trigger SB, and you're stuck moving very slow otherwise. Hence why I'd have to couple it with urban evasion at the least.

Lithe gives you some control over when you activate it. I've left more than a few killers eating dust with it.

There's far too limited places to use Balanced landing IMO.

Dead Hard seems ok if you're into it.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

SB is most consistent exhaustion perk as it requires no condition. You only save it when you go work on unsafe generator, but otherwise keep running from place to place

Balanced Landing can be used in most maps, but dead perk in some maps.

DH is really good vs bad killers (99%), but vs good killers you get 1 use of it.

I have heard some rumours about Lithe getting changed so you dont need to be in chase which would make it more consistent exhaustion perk.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    I like balanced landing even though dad hard is probably better in a lag free games 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2018

Balanced landing is the best exhuastion perk imo, it gives you the speed which is conditional on the map but it but is also has the secondary effect of less stagger when falling.

Lithe is a really good perk and paired with dance with me can enable quite a few nice jukes but again its conditional to vaulting a window and half the time the killer will hit you through it.

Sprint Burst used to be the top one as it can be activated anytime and negates some killers powers like the pigs ambush, the only prob is that its kind of boring to walk around everywhere and with the exhuastion nerf its not worth it, you can get more places by running normal in the game.

Dead Hard is a good perk, the downside is any decent killer will only allow its use once and can bait it so easily, it also need the game to have very little lag, it became more useful using it to get to a pallet or a vault.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

If I had to run an exhaustion perk, it'd probably be Lithe.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Balanced Landing is the best one imo because it doesn't rely on the chase mechanic like Lithe and is not much affected by lag as DH and Lithe. In some maps it's not very useful, but they are a minority and with a bit of luck you can still do sick plays with the basement stairs.

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

Balanced landing. I use it when I want to use an exhaustion perk. You can get away from a killer by jumping off a hill in most maps or jerry rig it to get away from a killer shack loop after the window has been blocked. Another good reason is the staggered stun. It means you take a lot less stun when you are jumping off things which gives you that little boost against a killer.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

BL - you have 2 advantages - You have to adjust yourself/your chase a lot to the perk, doesnt works or is worth it on every map.
    DH - activates on click, compensates mistakes, pure mindgame (skill) perk, has ping issues
    Lithe - stealth perk, for sneaky plays (better with other perks like Dance With Me), doesnt work sometimes, you must adjust your chase to the perk (dont use windows if you cant use it as a succesfull escape attempt)
    SB - (could) work when you RUN before the killer has found you, wasted when the chase starts, cannot used during a chase to escape the killer

to 3/4 Exhaustion perks you must adjust your playstyle. You cannot use them whenever you want (BL,[SB],L)
    3/4 exhaustion perks are not working at anytime (BL,DH,L)
    2/4 exhaustion perks cant used on every map (BL,L)
    3/4 exhaustion perks can be interrupted (BL,DH,L)

You see, even if SB hasnt that much problems, it's not very helpful to lose a killer during a chase or escape him for a moment. Not just Dead Hard has problems. You cant interrupt BL too if youre on the hill with the killer he can starts his charge and hit you while youre BL got activated, same with Lithe. It needs a moment to come out. Sometimes those perks doesnt want to work. You jump from a high but BL doesnt trigger. Same with Lithe. You jumped through a window but Lithe doesnt trigger. Also you have to adjust your playstyle a lot to BL.
    Did you know that Dead Hard can used as a hit-tank? For examble your teammate is on to die but you run between him and the killer and press DH? So that your teammate has an extra chance? DH is a full brain user. It's nothing for no brainer. And yes, sometimes it doesnt work, currently. You must be okay with it.
    So you must decide what's better for YOURSELF

Are you okay with adapting yourself?
    Are you okay with when the perk doesnt work?
    Are you okay if this perk doesnt work on every map or every time?

You have to make a sacrifice for every Exhaustion Perk, which is okay for you?

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Gamzello said:
    When I first started this game, about 4 months ago I used to use Lithe all of the time. Then I moved onto Sprint Burst, and now I'm trying to figure out how to properly use Dead Hard.

Lithe seems so balanced (for me) and has helped me escape in multiple situations when timed correctly. However, I feel like with Sprint burst I seem to be a lot more slower.

I tend to do things more fast paced than others, and be careful at the same time. So whenever I use Sprint burst is possibly to dodge killer's attacks, have gotten away when I've seen the killer coming towards me while I've worked on a generator, and to save somebody on the hook. Most of the time I'm normally just walking around, not running but walking and it makes me feel a lot less useful as a teammate. There are times when I say '**** it' and do it, but like I dunno.

I hardly ever used Dead Hard so now I'm trying to figure out how to use it at the right times, but at the moment I might go back to Lithe.

Adrenaline is okay, but it's considered the best perk according to this community. I feel like it's just a slot wasted when it comes to perks I dunno.

Balanced landing seems to be more situational, never been interested in the perk though.

lithe is the best in my opinion, dead hard is easily countered and balanced landing dosent work on some maps, adrenaline is an end game perk so commonly I would run it if self care isn't unlocked

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Gamzello said:

I like Dead Hard because it's kinda like another hit you can take.

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Adrenaline! Killer running you around until he finally gets you and you instantly get back up when the exit powers, it's funny
  • TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

Dead hard by far. Like sprint burst, you choose when it can be activated, but it it doesn't have to be at the beginning of a chase. When used well, Dead Hard gives you a free mess up. If you can't make it to the pallet, Dead Hard. If you screw up and run into a wall, Dead Hard. If you even want to fake a body block and make the killer swing without hitting you, Dead Hard.

The other perks are situational. I by no means am denying their utility, but Dead hard is just better in nearly every aspect.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

BL- after the exhaustion nerfs its the only perk that retains benefit in cooldown. Can't tell you how many times I've seen and fallen from heights and the stagger effect allows the killer to down the survivor or get a hit off if they are fully healed. Sure there are so maps where its not as effective but there are more maps where it is then it isn't. I don't run SB and never will because I don't feel like walking everywhere. Lithe is good and I use to have it on all the time, but its a one-pop perk and you're in exhaustion for the rest of the chase. DH, haven't run it yet, but from what I've seen with other players, it may go off or it may not.