Dealing with post game chat

VESSEL
VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

So I've had it in my mind to, at the end of the matches, to just forget looking at my results and just leave to the menu. Does anyone else do this to avoid toxicity?

Although there have been many a time where I stay and want to feed on their toxicity, this mindset backfires and I end up in a heated argument (I take this sh#t way too seriously)

What mindsets do you all have after the match? And do you feed on survivor toxicity or loathe it?

Comments

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Thankfully on console, there is no post game chat. I get the occasional hate mail on my PSN account, but I just read it, laugh that you took the time to send me hate mail, and move on.

• VESSEL

@lasombra1979 said:
    Thankfully on console, there is no post game chat. I get the occasional hate mail on my PSN account, but I just read it, laugh that you took the time to send me hate mail, and move on.

That's one bonus you guys have over us! Jealous!

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@MineAntoiya Its sadly the only thing we have over pc. I think the only time I actually get worked up is when my wife is playing and someone sends a particularly nasty message. Beyond that, I let it go or block the person.

• EclipseDarkstar
    EclipseDarkstar Member Posts: 47

It depends on my mood. Some days I want to see what people have to say, some days I don't.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

Not ashamed to admit it. But being a killer main, i've now become toxic regardless of how survivors played. Just because of all the toxicity (Great SOAD song btw) survivors have given me despite me being nice to them, I now show no mercy. I take pleasure in making them even more salty than they already are for dying. I don't really rub it in, just offer them some bait in the chat.

Also if they blame their team; i'll always shout out that they were the worst.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SaltyKiller said:
    I think there should just be a toggle to permanently disable it. Technically, you can disable it but every time you start the game again you have to manually disable it.

I thought you can do that in the options, might be mistaken though because I enjoy the salt shower :wink:

• DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    Depends what kind of nonsense went on in the match. If the survivors are teabagging, body blocking, yada yada yada I usually won't read. I'm either going to do poorly and they'll talk crap, or I'll do well and they'll talk crap. No escaping it. 

Long time player of Friday the 13th (R.I.P.) and that community is far more toxic, and vulgar, than anything I've experienced in DbD. They'd swear the opposite was true but I just don't see it.
  • VESSEL

@The_Trapper said:
    Not ashamed to admit it. But being a killer main, i've now become toxic regardless of how survivors played. Just because of all the toxicity (Great SOAD song btw) survivors have given me despite me being nice to them, I now show no mercy. I take pleasure in making them even more salty than they already are for dying. I don't really rub it in, just offer them some bait in the chat.

Great band! And I understand your methods. Although i personally find it hard not to be caught by their bait myself (e.g. replying to nonsense with logic). Maybe the idea is to always have the last say, so have them complain, then you say something like "You guys ######### sucked" then just insta leave, ofc I'd never do it first, fight fire with fire :p

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Toxic post game chat used to trigger me. Now, I feel I did well as a killer if survivors are angry.
    Not even talking I'm quite salty sometimes as well lol, so it does help me.

• VESSEL

@Soren said:
    Toxic post game chat used to trigger me. Now, I feel I did well as a killer if survivors are angry.

The worst kind of toxicity is always the insults after you do absolutely ######### as killer, the two most PTSD inducing letters now are E and Z

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@MineAntoiya said:

@Soren said:

The worst kind of toxicity is always the insults after you do absolutely ######### as killer, the two most PTSD inducing letters now are E and Z

Lol not wrong. Fun fact: there is a Feng cosmetic named "ggez". It's the top in her "blonde hair" outfit.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

@MineAntoiya said:

@The_Trapper said:

Great band! And I understand your methods. Although i personally find it hard not to be caught by their bait myself (e.g. replying to nonsense with logic). Maybe the idea is to always have the last say, so have them complain, then you say something like "You guys [BAD WORD] sucked" then just insta leave, ofc I'd never do it first, fight fire with fire :p

Just sweeten the deal of wiping the team with a "Gg ez". If survivors are triggered; they'll take the bait. If not, they've left.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

1) Dont get bothered by it. 2) Instant Profit

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

It's a power play. When they are taunting you, they are trying to gain power over you by getting a reaction from you. If they are salty, they're giving you power as you clearly pissed them off.

Either way, it just shows how weak they are.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018

I look at my results, throw a "gg wp" whatever happened in the round (except for glitch abusers), and then I leave instantly.

• Bayside
    Bayside Member Posts: 40

If I just get gen rushed or pallet looped and don't even get a single kill, yeah. I usually just insta-quit back to the menu at the end. But if I atleast black pip, I'll always stay behind and atleast say gg.