More Base Blighted Hooks

With most people already finishing their survivor nectar farming, and being unable to farm themselves, less and less people are bringing petals into games, and having only 3-4 hooks on average per game for killers is rediculous. Survivors can still easily max a vial even if only they use the petal, but killers have to play 2 games per vial almost every time. Im up to 8 vials and only 1 was a single game vial...thats 15 games for 8 vials. If im lucky ill finish this event just around 50 games, and ill have to start burning blood points on killers i dont really want to play just to be able to get the petals to do this.

Is there any way the game can start with even 3-4 blighted hooks, that way even if only 2 survivors use one, and the killer does, they have even a moderate chance of finishing a vial during the game.

With lobbies taking 15 - 30 minutes to fill, this is a nightmare to complete the other 30 vials.

That or perhaps just make a 60 vial cap, where you can farm any number between killer/survivor but can only farm up to 60 before you stop getting vials. This seems a much more player friendly way to handle this, particularly if people dont like being killer, or dont like certain killers.

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited October 2018

3-4 hooks a game is enough. It's not like you are gonna have a perfect game every single time. Vial doesn't empty itself until a new game starts anyway. 2 games=1 vial Edit at the end of October lobbies are not gonna take so long anymore

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2018

@HellDescent
    Keep in mind that on ranks under 5, 2 games = 1.5 hrs waiting in lobby due to matchmaking time

• CrimsonMauler
    CrimsonMauler Member Posts: 18

@HellDescent said:
    3-4 hooks a game is enough. It's not like you are gonna have a perfect game every single time. Vial doesn't empty itself until a new game starts anyway. 2 games=1 vial Edit at the end of October lobbies are not gonna take so long anymore

When it takes an hour for the two games because of lobby times it is pretty ridiculous though.

• HellDescent

@rafiksom said:
    @HellDescent
    Keep in mind that on ranks under 5, 2 games = 1.5 hrs waiting in lobby due to matchmaking time

They take long, but not nearly that long. 5-10 minutes to get a lobby

• CrimsonMauler
    CrimsonMauler Member Posts: 18

@HellDescent said:

@rafiksom said:
    @HellDescent

I'm rank 6 and I am waiting 30+ minutes between every game.

• Draggonoth
    Draggonoth Member Posts: 10

@HellDescent said:

@rafiksom said:
    @HellDescent

Not nearly. Im rank 14 and its only going lower every game even if i let survivors leave for the sake of the event. And im still running close to 20 - 30 mins today, and its only going to get worse the lower down i get. And getting vials is only going to get harder, for toxic/try hard players that use the event to distract and gen rush, pallet loop, and decisive their way into screwing you out of nectar.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@Draggonoth said:

@HellDescent said:

@rafiksom said:
    @HellDescent

Not nearly. Im rank 14 and its only going lower every game even if i let survivors leave for the sake of the event. And im still running close to 20 - 30 mins today, and its only going to get worse the lower down i get. And getting vials is only going to get harder, for toxic/try hard players that use the event to distract and gen rush, pallet loop, and decisive their way into screwing you out of nectar.

Same here

• HellDescent

It also depends when you are playing too. In the evening you get lobby faster

• Draggonoth

@HellDescent said:
    It also depends when you are playing too. In the evening you get lobby faster

Not everyone has peak game time available for setting up games, the farming of nectar for killers should not be hinged on if the survivors also all need it enough to get him 3/4 petals per game. Doesnt make much sense really.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

The only problem with the hooks is that on many occasions I've come across event hooks all on the same side of the map - which is annoying.

• Draggonoth

@Jesya said:
    The only problem with the hooks is that on many occasions I've come across event hooks all on the same side of the map - which is annoying.

Yup just 2 games ago i downed someone, and there was only 3 hooks in game, and they were all in a line on the far wall (was the swamp map with the boats). Was very disheartening, even with iron grasp lvl 2 wasnt even close to getting to a good hook

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Jesya said:

Preach!

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

Agreed with the last part of your suggestion. If they do something like this again for future events, the limited currency should have a flat cap regardless of which method you earn them by.

In regards to the nectar filling for killers, instead of how it currently only fills 1/6th of the vial they could make it so it fills 1/3rd of the vial instead. Seeing as the survivor equivalent of the task - fully harvesting cankers fill up a little over 1/3rd of their vials.

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103

Agreed; 3 hooks should be a full vial. So much harder to get a vial on Killer than it is on Survivor.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    ekto said:

Agreed; 3 hooks should be a full vial. So much harder to get a vial on Killer than it is on Survivor.

Not according to survivors. 
  • Draggonoth
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said:
    ekto said:

Then survivors are insane, a buddy and i filled all 30 vials in 2 days but gained 20 full vials in a 7 hour stint(never DCing on purpose, always letting the killer farm us for hooks as well). Ive spent about that much time on a killer, and much of it was in a lobby and im barely at 11.5. its hard as hell to find groups where 3/4 of the survivors petal, and thats if survivors also arent toxic, blinding and pallet looping you into oblivion where you dont even get the base amount of hooks you need. Survivors have it super easy this event, and can easily all 4 fill in a single game by sharing flowers. Out of my 11 vials completed only 1-2 were a full vial game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:
    ekto said:

Then survivors are insane, a buddy and i filled all 30 vials in 2 days but gained 20 full vials in a 7 hour stint(never DCing on purpose, always letting the killer farm us for hooks as well). Ive spent about that much time on a killer, and much of it was in a lobby and im barely at 11.5. its hard as hell to find groups where 3/4 of the survivors petal, and thats if survivors also arent toxic, blinding and pallet looping you into oblivion where you dont even get the base amount of hooks you need. Survivors have it super easy this event, and can easily all 4 fill in a single game by sharing flowers. Out of my 11 vials completed only 1-2 were a full vial game.

I know that, you know that, every killer main knows that. But survivor mains think it's harder for them, because reasons.