When are we getting cross progression between consoles and PC?

Plate_Of_Cereal
Plate_Of_Cereal Member Posts: 6
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I just got a PC but I've already bought all of the DLC on console and I'm definitely not dropping another $80 on this game. I'm pretty sure that Microsoft and Sony don't have any restrictions that would stop BHVR from being able to do this so I'm a little confused as to why it's not a thing yet. The last time they answered this they just gave a vague answer, but I'm pretty sure there isn't anything stopping them. I could be wrong though. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I just want to add: the main reason for me asking this question is because they've only given vague answers so far. If anyone has insight on how easy a feature like this is to add please share. Or if BHVR has given a more direct answer somewhere, please let me know.

Post edited by Plate_Of_Cereal on

Answers

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The answer is it something they would like to do but they are cannot guarantee it will ever happen.

If it does happen they will announce when it is coming.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

even if you ever can choose a save to port over or it can combine perk progression/unlocks if you have ones on each platform you don't on the other... you'd still have to buy the dlc again on pc to access those characters there. they'd have their stuff unlocked, but, you wouldn't be able to use them without buying them with dlc or sharts still that's pretty normal. even in destiny 2 you still gotta buy the expansions over again for the same thing. each platform doesn't wanna lose the cut oft he sales from that while hosting the stuff on their markets/launcherss.

• Plate_Of_Cereal
    Plate_Of_Cereal Member Posts: 6

One of the things they advertise about adding cross progression is that you keep your DLC and progress. i.e. you don't have to buy and unlock everything again. They've already done it with Stadia, but no one cares about Stadia, and adding this feature for consoles would benefit a lot more of their player base. I wouldn't be asking about this if it wasn't a thing they've claimed that they wanted to do.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited January 2021

It really is ultimately up to the platform holders I think though, but I may be wrong since there obviously are free to play games available. It would be best to not need to buy things again, but I have no idea how they would credit things to psn accounts based off of their own cloud saves for example if your steam account has them credited since they would need to credit those as a purchase in order for the consoles to unlock them on those installs I think.

• Selliato
    Selliato Member Posts: 27

Just for information and to stop you speculation, cross progression are already a thing, and right know only for Steam and Stadia. ( Switch will be next )

You have all information on this site :

https://account.bhvr.com/

And yes they need the authorisation for Xbox/Playstation/Microsoft Store and no they don't give this authorisation easily.

• SocialDistomancy

I remember on steam back in august or september, think it was september, people posted in steam discussions about losing bloodpoints, bloodweb levels and I think even shards when they put multiple platform's accounts onto the same behavior account so I'd let other people beta test it first when it comes. Not to be cynical about it, but it seems the wise thing to do.

I haven't been playing much lately anyways, might for the weekend though for double bp since nexusmods is down and I can't get the Frontier mod for New Vegas yet (I wonder how many people were trying to get it to have taken the whole site down usually only happened when bethesda games were on steam holiday sales and people went enmasse looking for mods). I will definitely be holding off and letting others tbeta test the account merges though, since I'll be getting bp on my PS5 account during this current bp event, while my steam has all dlc except the twins (bought the survivor with shards and have teachables on steam and PSN both) and perks and I want to see what problems any merger could lead to between them.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited January 2021

They probably want you to buy all that content again. When console people play the game on PC they realize just how bad the console version is. I semi wonder if BHVR did that on purpose -.-

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

It took sony forever to get on the cross-progression train for fartnite...

• Selliato
    Selliato Member Posts: 27

In fact Sony and Microsoft don't give the authorization easily because they want their share on every DLC played on their console and they don't want that people migrate from a console to an other... So before giving the right to devs for cross-progression they do some math to estimate what they won and what they lost. ( And it's important shortly before and after the release of new consoles )

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Cross progression is wanted but very difficult to authorize. I would buy Monster Hunter World again if I could carry over all my progress. I don't want to go through all that again.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited January 2021

You sir are incorrect. I went from ps4 destiny 2 to pc and it carried My expansions over.

• SocialDistomancy

well ma'am what I read somewhere on their site a year or two ago made it sound like you would have your inventory available (like the guns you already have including exotics) on different platforms, but would play ont hose servers (did read skim over something about being able to play with friends on different platforms, but don't remember exactly what it said any more) and only be able to expansions you'd bought on the platform currently logged into. I never played it on ps4 because of that, and I was already in 4k on pc at the time. i do have a ps5 now and was considering it, but had assumed I'd needed to have bought the expansions on psn again though i'd already had them on steam. I preferred playing with the controller was why I was considering trying it out on ps5, mainly for pvp heh.