DbD is not unbalanced or unfair

2»

Comments

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Sure, but english is not my mother tongue. If you can speak swiss german only half as good as I can speak english, you can try to insult me again.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

not about insulting, its about you not understanding English and thus your remark made no sense

• Roobnus

I don't think my english is the problem here but your lack of understanding.

A post cannot have any form of intelligence. It can only be written by intelligent or stupid people and as a result, contain useful or useless information. You got that now?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited January 2021

No he's right. Inanimate objects or concepts can be more humanised in English so it makes sense to talk about a post that is (un)intelligent, angry, sad etc. in itself without reference to the author. Just as how it's common to say a text "says" something, although a piece of writing ofc can't literally speak.

• Roobnus

You can say something without opening your mouth, what you're talking about is "speaking".

A post can be informative, a book can be saddening, a film can be brutal as those are simple adjectives that describe something.

The literal definition of intelligence is "being able to think". I can be well written or words can be smartly put, but that doesn't give a post intelligence.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

True, it may not make the most logical sense but it's a very common + idiomatic adjective to use with even non-sentient things. Like you'd be ok using it that way even in academic or journalistic contexts.

• Roobnus

I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for letting me know. How do you determine the intelligence of a post? If it's useless and has no meaning, I suppose it's unintelligent?

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited January 2021

Well, I would consider all the survivor second chance perks and the fact that DS can punish you just for playing too well to be pretty unfair, not to mention the map RNG that can screw over either side before the game even starts. Then you got Nurse and Spirit on the other side who I also wouldn't call fair/balanced. I would also say Freddy is unbalanced as in too strong and then you have the flipside like Wraith, Pig, Legion being too weak. There's more on both sides but I would be here all day, and I'm not trying to be.

While maybe a lot of the things in the entire game might be fair outside of the RNG, the majority of things people are using are from the "unfair and unbalanced" potion. So that's all people are really playing against. As survivor I see way too many Spirits and Freddy's as killer everyone and their grandma has second chance perks.

I wouldn't say the game is "fair", but with a few tweaks and changes it could be, and that's part of the frustration. It could be if they cared/understood how to fix it. Same with the balance side, it could be much better with just a little more effort/understanding. Its better than the past, but its not good. As I understand the majority of the player base doesn't want to deal with killer problems and being the generally weaker side.

I don't agree with "well sometimes its unfair for side A and sometimes its unfair for side B so its fair". No it's still unfair, its just unfair differently. That's also not even taking into account it's much more common for one side to be receiving the unfairness than the other. So it's more like "Sometimes its not fair for side A, but most of the time its unfair for side b, so its fair". You can't be fair and unfair at the same time, the unfairness on both sides needs to go.

Also the only thing in that second to last section that's really unfair/unbalanced is DS. However, everything in that section is very unfun to deal with. I just believe people mistake unfun for unbalanced/unfair or don't fully grasp what it means that the game is 4v1 sometimes.

But hey, that's just my outlook on the game as of this moment.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Roobnus

I don't think DS is unfair in most cases. It can happen that a Killer gets punished by DS simply by playing too good but then again good Killers expect DS and know how to avoid it. Yes, getting hit by DS is not always the result of tunneling BUT from a Survivors point of view, DS always punishes Killers that didn't switch targets within a few seconds after you got unhooked. It can be used aggressively, which makes it an unfun perk to deal with from a Killers point of view but that doesn't really make the perk unfair - at least that's my opinion.

RNG based stuff surely have impact but those things also don't make the game unfair. RNG is what it is, RNG. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. It's like playing Apex Legends and constantly dropping in the area where no loot is while the other players seem to get the best loot. Does that mean Apex Legends is an unfair game? I don't think so at all, it just means this time you got ######### by RNG. Next match you'll get lucky and the others get unlucky but perhaps you won't even realize that because it feels just like a normal situation.

Clearly some things could require adjustments but honestly when I check the forum and read all the stuff people complain about... To me it looks like most players want to be able to play WHATEVER they want and end up with the same win chances as their opponents, which is ridiculous. Like those that think the game is unbalanced because they get matched with lower skilled survivors against higher skilled killers. Does that mean the game itself is unbalanced?

It's a matchmaking issue and the logical result in such a match is that the Killer wins - because the game is balanced. The player with the higher skill should have higher chances of winning. Isn't that what defines a balanced game? If you play / prepare better for the match, you increase your chances of winning. If that was not the case then what purpose would add-ons, offerings, ect. offer to the game? Nothing!

• lolololol
    lolololol Member Posts: 106

obviously a baby killer with 30 hours put into the game. Git gud and see how brutally honest it is going up against actual survivors and not potatoes. I just got to point out Haddonfield

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

DbD is nothing BUT UNBALANCED AND UNFAIR.

• Ahahahahahahah

• NaigEtarip
    NaigEtarip Member Posts: 60

You can definetly see the game as is, as a set of possibilities.

People use the term unbalanced or unfair to describe the amount of advantage or luck that you can have over your opponents for no "merital" reasons.

Finding a key being an example.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

Well it's a game I guess.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I'm sure it's been said, but the game is unbalanced because it's supposed to be. It can't be asymmetrical if everything evens out in the end.

The game is just busted in a lot of areas and could use some work. There's a lot of perks that should be more attractive to players, for instance. People have also been talking about balancing out BP earned lately, or changing when and how certain mechanics operate like hatch and totem placement.

There are actual issues with the gameplay that deserve to be looked at, but naturally most of the people talking about the game are gonna be tilted from their last match and looking for asspats for whatever complaint they have. Rule of thumb: if anyone uses terms like "mains", "-sided", etc. in their argument, don't even bother reading it. Those people wanna post together, so just let them.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2021

Yes, I suppose I could 'get good' versus 4 toolboxes with bnp.

I could 'get good' playing a low mobility or m1 killer who has no gen pressure on macmillon in which my only hopes are trying to 3 gen. Then I can't protect 3 gens with 4 survivors on them and when you try to chase they start to run to the other side of the map to lure me away.

I could 'get good' trying to learn a new killer against extremely sweaty and fast games fairly quickly.

I could 'get good' running perks that would actually help me compliment my killer powers instead of having to run gen slowdown perks due to the games bad design.

I could 'get good' if I managed to break the final pallet on the map as all the survivors are extremely good loopers who seem to know exactly where every unbroken pallet is.

I could 'get good' if stretched resolution did not exist.

I could 'get good' as survivor if I'm tunnelled and camped every game.

I could 'get good' if the map rng worked in my favor everytime I loaded into a map.

Do you get the point yet. I am sure the op is trolling us talking about how fair the game is. Not everyone will be God tier at this game no matter if they played for 100 or 10,000 hours. I have over 2k hours and I'm still mediocre at best. I don't seem to have the capacity to increase my skill anymore no matter how much I play, I don't mind this though, I just want to have fun. I just want fair, balanced matches with people around my skill level so I at least have a chance.

Finally, 'get good' is the worst advice that could be given for anything. The people who thinks this is acceptable are probably the egotistical survivors who dc on first down as their outplay failed or killers who dc after their camping attempt fails and 4 gens end up popping before they recapture the survivor they are tunnelling.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited September 2021

I would like to say i could live with most of the assinine advatanges for killer and survivor if the baseline game wasnt so poorly designed. Maps are the biggest offender on this regard. Many of the most frustrating awful maps are usually licensed because the devs creative asthetic vision has no room for actual gameplay. E.g. Midwich, laboratory (thank entitiy its getting pulled), haddonfield(which is how old now?) and the game which is 60% god pallets.