How many of you are killer mains?

Options

it may be confirmation bias or not but seemingly every thread about hot topics like face camping, Mori, Undying is filled with a constant stream of killers defending & reasoning these perks/strategies/tactics while thread about DS, Keys, OoO has a plethora of comments from killers who share what's wrong with those from their perspective.

Comments

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

three

• GloryHunter
    GloryHunter Member Posts: 33
    Options

How is face camping removed exactly? I do agree with your other points tho

• Mad_Toe
    Mad_Toe Member Posts: 52
    Options

Wait a minute... Face-camping was removed? That's awesome, but how? I haven't played this game in a while, so this is news to me.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

I play 80/20 killer, so i know how frustrating camping and tunneling is. I don't really use it often, just when i don't have any other choice anymore.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    Options

Idk about others but I wouldn't categorize myself as either. If anything I play the side with the fastest que time. And since survivor has the longest que time I only play that if I am playing with a friend.

I honestly don't see a problem with most perks in the game. I do think moris needed to be nerfed. I think the problem is people focus way to often on that one game instead of the many games they have played. Not every game is going to be x and x perk. Not everyone runs full meta builds. I don't take games personally and I move on after a loss. I know I have had many 4k/escapes and when I get anything less its just whatever.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

I don't really main killer, I play a 60/40 split of killer and survivor.

I'm aware of issues and non - issues on both ends.

• GloryHunter
    Options

I see, thanks for the head up. The term 'face camping' nowadays blends in with regular camping I guess

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I main killer, but I also play both roles.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I used to be a killer main, but I'm more 70/30 for survivor/killer. I just can't play more than 1 or 2 matches as killer anymore. It's far too stressful and the way people play as though they're in some world cash cup is insane. Survivors not much better at times but at least I can feel somewhat relaxed

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021
    Options

I play more killer than survivor but i have a lot of experience in both roles and i try not to be biased.

That said I do think OoO and keys are the current worst thing in this game, DS not so much other than when it is used as a safety net to do gens off hook which can be easily fixed if the devs just deactivated it when you work on a gen.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,541
    edited January 2021
    Options

I'm not a main of either side, I play whichever I feel like playing at that particular moment.

{edited for poor spelling :( }

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

I'm a killer main hate OoO but don't care about keys and all that other stuff. Play survivor on occasion.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I'm a killer main. Pretty much the only time I play Survivor is if some of my friends are down to SWF or KYF.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options

I'm a Killer Main too

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I've been called both a killer and survivor main by people looking to invalidate my opinion, so obviously I have a mixed set of opinions 😄

Depends, for me it sorta goes in cycles. For 3 weeks I might play 90% killer, then for the next 2 weeks I pretty much only play survivor. Sometimes the periods are shorter, sometimes they're longer. Sometimes I play them more equally.

So... depends on when you ask. Right now I'm pretty balanced and I'd say it's something like 60/40 survivor/killer.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

I'm a killer main. I play survivor too, but not as much, it takes forever to get a game; and when I do its usually boring. Either because its too easy to escape, or more rarely, everyone dies immediately.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Was a killer main for a long time, but couldn't put up with anymore of it. Started maining survivor and haven't looked back since.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I play 50/50 but I've slowly been transitioning to survivor.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I wouldn't call myself a killer main but I do play a bit more killer than Survivor, Probably 60/40 ish. When I play I want to see balance and tend not to jump on bandwagons because of how this game is balanced, being a pendulum that swings from one side tot he other coming closer to the middle each time.

As far as the forum posts go, most of the posts you're describing tend to devolve into ad hominem attacks from both sides and just become childish pissing contests. Unfortunately the only people who tend to make logical points in those posts are people that play both roles and worry about overall game health over one side or the other, those people are usually attacked/insulted and labeled whatever main the person attacking doesn't agree with.

• GloryHunter
    Options

@JHondo Seems like it. The amount of exaggeration or invalidating arguments with perfect-case scenarios that are next to impossible in solo Q in these threads is rather sad.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

You could treat hooks like PH's cages. Boom. Facecamping is now done.

Would it be good for the health of the game? I dunno. But that's how you could remove it.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

There's so many variables in this game too to defend/deny any situation. Yes a perfect scenario case can show that a person's argument can seem a bit silly but as it's been discussed with OoO, just because the stats say one thing it doesn't change how it feels to play against that perk. In reality you'll remember the bad games or scenarios more than the good ones and come here to complain/vent/offer game changes but in the reality of that same game someone else could have had a really fun/perfect match. There's a massive lack of empathy and keeping an open mind in the forums from all sides. And that's not even scratching the whataboutisms and people that want to take a thread and make it about a completely unrelated issue.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I differs but overall if there was data, I'm guessing I'd be about a 55/45 survivor/killer ratio player, though lately I've been playing more killer.

My take on keys is that they're a necessary evil. I'd rather lose to a key than just have the last two survivors creeping around the map or just crouching at me to end the game as they're getting rekt.

As far as perks, I agree OoO needs a rework, though I do run it as a solo survivor and have ran it with SWF (I play mostly solo now). I have zero issues with DS, though it wouldn't break my heart if they got rid of the locker tech with it. I think Unbreakable should be basekit (maybe at a slower speed or limited amount of pick-ups).

The only two perks that really drive me up a wall (besides OoO) are Dead Hard and Spine Chill. The alleged counters are weak, and though those perks aren't too strong if one player is running those, it can be quite tiresome if multiple players are running them. I havw no clue how DH hasn't been looked at, but original Mettle was given the kabash. DH works multiple times in a match, even with the free health state, Mettle only worked one time and it had the aura reading downside.

Anyway, just my takes on what I would look at as far as survivor "over-poweredness". I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

I'm a killer main and you never see me complain about those perks,I simply don't care every perk has a counter perk probably

Example OoO vs Im All Ears

I just hate lag switching, and exploiting,cheating stuff like that.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Went from about 75%-25% Killer-Survivor for a few years which then slowly transitioned me into a full-on Killer main since a few months ago.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

I started as a killer main a few years ago, transitioned into a 50/50 player, and now I’m back to being a killer main.

My time as survivor definitely helped a lot with mindgames and red light manipulation.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

When survivor's run OoO I'm like

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252
    Options

I play Killer mostly but I dabble between the 2 to finish Archive..

Most of my issues come from seeing how easy some parts of this game are...not thought out well

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I’m 50/50, and unbiased with almost all of my opinions.

I get mistaken as a 100% killer main though because of how much I post about Clown or other killer issues.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Probably 80% survivor. Early days it was 50-50 but killers gets the raw deal in this game, so enjoy survivor more.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited January 2021
    Options

My current life schedule only has so much time for dbd. I left a ton of progress behind when I switched to PC from PS4. Survivor queue times are terrible for the time I play. I need all the bloodpoints I can get.

Full time killer main

My hours on PC for 2020 were less than 400h, just to give an idea of how much time I was able to play.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

I used to be a killer main and play nothing but killer. But after the stress of playing killer I stopped and played survivor. Now its 60% survivor and 40% killer. Solo que is hard but I did get better with my looping.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232
    Options

I'm a killer main. i play survivor occasionally but i prefer killer

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

I'm a killer main. I'd say yours is not necessarily confirmation bias. More like in this forum one tends to remember the more vocal and opinionated posts.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

I play Survivor more because of friends, though I consider myself a Killer main. I'm definitely more Killer oriented in my opinions on the game, though.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

Killer main here. Entitled people are on both sides. I feel the game is 85% well balanced lol. I will always give people crap for facecamping though

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

I'd say I'm a killer main. It should be obvious that when I play survivor, I don't tbag the killer. But unfortunately some who play killer, who know what it feels like, still feel the need to tbag when they're survivor. And I wouldn't say killer is the power role. They're the power role over weak solos. SWFs on the other hand flip the balance of the game on its head.