Is it okay to Tunnel if i winning ?

If i see no obsession, it means nobody has DS. I am killer and i want to win. I can tunnel people without punishing. Why is it problem in this community ?

Comments

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105

That's one of the biggest issues in this game. I've never played another game where I have to go so far out of my way to make sure the other side has an enjoyable game.

When playing killer it's just more effective to go for tunneling and slugs if your goal is to win. Then again we still, 4 years after launch, don't know what a 'Win' is.

I personally go by hook count so it helps me not tunnel, but truth be told the best way to make sure no survivor leaves a match is to play like a slugger/tunneler/camper and make sure they don't enjoy the match. It's a shame.

• Gravnos

That's fair, but when your goal is to win and the game is built to reward gameplay styles that aren't fun for the other side (Look at Twins that excel at slugging) it sends some strongly mixed signals.

Heck pretty much every round I win, I'll let the last survivor go and who knows how many pips/bloodpoints that has cost me to let someone else have a nice time.

• Gravnos

@Jholla31 there's also a ton of boardgames that handle the scenario you outlined really really well. Evolve did it well before it's death too.

• Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2021

Everyone's entitled to play their own way, but I hold myself to a policy of not tunneling unless they force my hand (OoO callouts, consistently teabagging, emote spamming, sneaking up to tap gens every time I leave them just to be annoying).

Be Wholesome to the wholesome people, toxic to the toxic people. I make it a point to never get that wire crossed.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

If you're losing then go ahead do what you need to do to pull it back and get a win. However if your dominating clearly weaker survivors before any gens have even been done then it is kinda crappy to use tactics like that when it's not necessary. When I play killer I don't tunnel and take the opportunity to have a chill game and get a load of bloodpoints. Besides if I was to play like that then the survivors are likely to just give up and think why bother and dc or suicide on hook and that isn't fun for anyone.

• bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228

When you have the opportunity tunnel them off, but be careful, they have no brain perks for this situation, because the survivors never learned to unhook safely.

ahaha, respect, in DbD... *facepalm*

respect from the exit gate camping mayflies that use the crouch button more than their brain. no thx.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

It depends on the survivors and how much you want points. I find camping/tunneling pretty boring but effective if you are being genrushed.

If you are on a weak killer there is no shame. If you are on a strong killer play better.

• Hex_UrbanEvasion
    Hex_UrbanEvasion Member Posts: 200

Honestly, you get more points/better scores if you're a good killer who doesn't camp/tunnel/slug, but you have to be a *good killer.* They're not as common as the number of Rank 1s would have you believe.

Like other people said, what counts as a "win" in the game isn't super clear. I base it mostly on emblems and score, other people base it on kills or escapes, some people just like to be mean and a good game for them is one where people come into chat afterward and flame them. It's all up to you. If you get to the end of a match, there's two survivors left, they haven't finished gens, and they're being altruistic/sticking close together, some "tunneling" is unavoidable. After all, you only have two options. You can kinda let them unhook each other for the points if you're feeling generous, but it's not necessary, just a nice thing to do.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

tunneling is always ok

survivors gonna cry anyway no matter what you do.

Just relax, kill, and get that sweet BP.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

Play for solo survivor if no obsession. And you will understand why.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited January 2021

If you've hooked everyone there's no need to tunnel, that's just mean in the end and who said you can have a PfP on you're 1st day of posting rookie?

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

It's depends of situation If I have 4 survivors alive and 2 generators or if they are genrushing yeah I do it, but if the game doesn't have much that started I would not do it, at least I immediately notice that they want to genrush me, or if they want to play toxic I don't do tunnel because I'll go to fall into the DS trap and borrowed time is better to lose fast and go to another game than to get angry. If they angry for tunnel well 🤷

It is as if in a soccer game the rival gets angry because you immediately scored another goal.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Depends on the perspective.

From your point of view, yes it's ok. From the tunneled Survivors point of view, no it's not ok.

Makes sense, right?

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Just proves that the whole thread is bait. If your ego gets bigger with dcs and suicides you probably should leave the house more imo.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Eyeroll.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Many here mention that tunneling off the hook is not fun for survivors, but nobody mentions that it is also extremly boring for killer. Tunneling (especially off hook) removes the chase in DbD... and the chase is the point of this game and for most the only fun experience.

I never understood why people even bother playing when the ruin the most fun part of it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

I mean the guy in another thread was just telling me how he dislikes killers that don't camp or tunnel when they should as it's part of the game.

People have different preferences on the kind of game they want. All you can do is play how you want; but try and be respectful to others.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Getting one survivor out of the game as quickly as possible gives you the time to afford actual chases instead of patrolling and hitting mispositioned survivors. You don't have to tunnel per se, but it is usually best to chase the weak link down and get them out of the game first.

Once the first survivor goes down as long as you have one person on the hook and are searching for the others, the rest cannot work on gens

• xEa

I doubt that this guy was serious. Nobody enjoys getting tunneled or camped beside some hardcore masochists

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I don't find chasing fun to be honest, as you are under constant pressure as Killer to end each chase as quickly as possible. Ooops, missed that dead hard after a 15 second injured chase? Well you lost now and literally need to tunnel someone as the other 3 have now got a gen to 80%.

Combine that with safe pallets and loops on certain maps and it's literally a dreadful experience

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    edited January 2021

It all depends. If no one is being toxic i try not to do it because i also play survivor so i know its not fun. On the other hand playing super fair the other day meant 1 survivor got the gate but instead of being grateful that i played fair, she t bagged a flash clicky clicky at the gates so... That makes me want to say.... Go for it.

When survivors have a strong set up like, shack window into jungle gym into strong palet loop, do you thing they leave to make it fun on the killer? No... They don't, so do your job

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Of course, it's not only ok, it's what you should do if you have the chance, if you remove one survivor early you have much higher chances of winning. Remember, never try to appease the opposite side, just try to win, they will never be happy with what you do anyways.

• xEa
    edited January 2021

Then why are you playing the game if you dislike chases? This game is all about chasing survivors / beeing chased by the killer.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

A chase can be fun, the whole mind games aspect of the game is fun. Just due to the whole 4v1 nature, and the gen speed of any half decent team of survivors, you don't have time to actually enjoy a chase as you're constantly timing each one in your head.

Sometimes it feels like you are one missed attack or one dead hard away from throwing the game. I don't find that fun, no.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2021

it´s a bad strategy but ofc its ok, play how you want. Not how other ppl´s want. Theres no rulebook and if suvivors wanna cry like a baby, let them. Most of them can´t take a loss. Standard in DBD

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Damn, Iosefka decided to leave the clinic to tunnel people?

Jokes aside, no one is stopping you from tunneling but it is not fun for you and them.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Once I started playing both roles evenly I found it near impossible to tunnel just because I understood how it felt for the other side yes survivors can be douchebags they would do everything in their power to make you lose, they will run multiple Second Chance perks, run tool boxes even though Jen speeds are obviously a problem, will never sacrifice themselves if you have a bad game, saying all this if I'm having a good game I let someone go I cannot tunnel because I know how that feels. It sucks

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

You shouldn't have an ego unless you're good. Your playstyle says you're not

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Ahh yes because every survivor does that and its so skillful to wait till someone gets unhooked and just smack them down when they cant do anything about it. Sorry but that's a dumb thing to say.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

You can do as you please but dont come to the forum with "pesky Survivors and their genrush/DS/tbagging please BHVR NERF KILLER IS MISERABLE!!" threads when you start facing the veterans.

• Iosefka
    Iosefka Member Posts: 72
    edited January 2021

Iosefka bored in clinic and curious about entity. She is obsessive so tunneling survivors to the death is give her orgasm

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Ahhh the alien-like thing wasn't enough? Good to know, maybe one of the old ones.

• Iosefka

Aliens don't rage quit or cry in the end game chat so i found new experiment in entity

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

With no obsession you know you won't get punished for it

but ask yourself a few questions

could you still win without tunneling

would they be having fun if you tunneled them

are they trying to let you have fun

is it skillful to kick someone while they are down especially when the survivor team isn't mounting any counter pressure like slamming gens

sure if you want to win just to win go for it but its not exactly a earned victory its just plain easy to tunnel and anyone can do it, but to not tunnel and still do well isn't something everyone is capable of

• Iosefka

I don't tunnel if i play nurse or its not hardcore 4 swf groups

• Werdna1991
    Werdna1991 Member Posts: 1

For the amount of T-bagging and looping going on, you can be sure I'm tunnelling and camping.

I live for the end game messages of abuse from butt hurt survivors.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

If it keeps you ahead yeah, if you're doing it tot he point gens start flying up around the map then you made the bad choice in that situation if you ignored others completely. if it's a guy on last hook and easy to catch, with no ds, then it's a smart choice though.

• alimeria
    alimeria Member Posts: 55

The problem is only the feeling of winning, but only play how you like and if you lose you lose if you win you win, just enjoy how you like, you are a killer or survivor, you are looking for how to have fun, if someone does not like that you should not affect you is your way of playing not the others.