Hallowed Blight Survey

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

At this rate, they don't even need to create one, forum's been swarmed by opinions.
It almost makes it seem as if DS isn't an issue anymore. :p
Anyway, what would you rate, from 1 to 10?

Comments

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

4/10

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Hey if they add in objectives they don't need to nerf DS I love the longer games 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I give it an 7 if they make it where survivors can continue to use the flowers I give it 10
  • Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Zero.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

5/10

Good idea, however its bad due to the fact that after 30 vials survivors cannot harvest anymore and rely on others. so if all of u had 30 vials u wont be getting bonus blood point

its a huge bug that needs to be fixed asap

so unfair

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Cosmetics 8/10
    Idea 6/10
    Execution 3/10

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2018
    Cosmetics 8/10? Maybe for killers.
    Surv ones suck big time.
  • Boss

@amneoss said:
    9/10

It's nearly perfect.
    I only have 2 issues.

1. Killer lobby times are REALLY bad

2. Survivors can't harvest after 30 vials reducing the odds of getting your bonus bp

But so much more good than bad.
    The cosmetics are SOOOOO GOOD. I'm buying them all when I get paid this week. They are above and beyond quality. I love the little animated bits on the killers and the key ring and pocket watch physics on Dwight. These are a strict upgrade on the legacy skins. I'd love to see this quality continue with the cosmetics. Maybe some icy blue frosty bits for killers in winter.

The menu music is fantastic. It's my second favorite version of the theme. The winter version is the only one I like more.

The new optional objective is brilliant. Hopefully it becomes implemented into core game mechanics instead of simply being tied to cosmetics so survivors don't just quit when it's full. If it's tied to goals it will be different. And I hope the devs realize this. It slows the pace enough I don't NEED RUIN to be competitive now.

The menus look gorgeous.

I love that the lore can be read in game now.

The new animated shorts are just outstanding and I hope each chapter and event now has them.

The Devs really did pull out all stops for this event and I love them. It breaks my heart when kids on the internet bash them. 

No other game has had this much support. The Devs do weekly streams. They listen to feedback. They actively interact with the community. They are all around a lovely and passionate bunch of people. To see them be rudely talked down to is annoying and aggravating. I want them to know that not all of us are unthankful.

Do I agree with every decision? Hell no.
    I thought only 3 pieces was a little too shallow a reward but it was still WAY more than any previous event. It was usually a weapon and shirt. But, they gave us 6 now. Do I like long killer lobbies? Hell no. But I'm adult enough to not bash the entire event for a bug or miscalculation. I'm frustrated that survivors can't keep harvesting to get bp. But not enough to bash what is inarguably the best event they've made.

I love you Devs. And not_queen and Patricia too. Thank you guys for all you do. I hope you address the problems but even if you don't I'm still having a freaking blast with your event!

Well hot damn, nice post.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

8/10

once again ill agree that the que times created for killers has been the biggest setbacks to killer in general for getting vials .

Killer should need 3 hooks to get a vial much like survivor needs 3 plants , this would make it a bit more even in the speed at which one could get them and thus maybe lessen the ques . that or make the survivors take more then 2.5 plants to fill a vial and thus lengthen the time it takes there .

either way the only downside to the mechanic ive seen is the fact they are pushing way to many into killer roll and thus making it hard as hell to get vials , combined with the fact that less and less survivors are using offering it takes more then one match or sometimes two to get a single full vial .

• Boss

@Grimbergoth said:
    8/10

once again ill agree that the que times created for killers has been the biggest setbacks to killer in general for getting vials .

Killer should need 3 hooks to get a vial much like survivor needs 3 plants , this would make it a bit more even in the speed at which one could get them and thus maybe lessen the ques . that or make the survivors take more then 2.5 plants to fill a vial and thus lengthen the time it takes there .

either way the only downside to the mechanic ive seen is the fact they are pushing way to many into killer roll and thus making it hard as hell to get vials , combined with the fact that less and less survivors are using offering it takes more then one match or sometimes two to get a single full vial .

I think it sucks that, once you got your Survivor vials, you can't get BP out of the Offerings yourself.
    And if everyone in your lobby has 30 vials, you can't get anything out of the Offerings at all.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293
    edited October 2018

@Boss said:
    I think it sucks that, once you got your Survivor vials, you can't get BP out of the Offerings yourself.
    And if everyone in your lobby has 30 vials, you can't get anything out of the Offerings at all.

I haven't been having issues with it . I use them and still get 12-20k bonus every match and it give me the opportunity to run we are gonna live forever for the extra bonus for unhooking . since usualy any survivor that needs the pants are looking for them instead of unhooking …

ive been averaging 60-80k final total as survivor and this is with doing very little other then unhooking and healing others , maybe a gen or two at best .

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Well 4/10 Can't find any killer lobbys and playing survivor nobody is doing anything useful just looking to harvest those things and wanting to farm points. Same old issues plus more and I really wanted to grind these cosmetics but it's just not fun like this.
  • BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@Bravo0413 said:
    I give it an 7 if they make it where survivors can continue to use the flowers I give it 10

Lol it won't happen xD

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    6/10

They can do much better. At least the skins are pretty awesome. 
  • GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I'd give like a 5/10. I think they tried to add an event that was fun. But it just wasn't executed great. Too many farm games. Queue times for killer is insane. People that didn't take Ruin out of their build made the game so slow that it was impossible to have fun in. Cosmetics are kinda bad. I know people are super hyped for the cosmetics. But I think I've just played too many other games where they'd be rated really low in terms of 'skin.' Though Doc and Wraith are pretty cool. I think they should've done something really cool with the weapons at least. But I'm not lowering the rating cause of the skins or anything. It was fun to have something else to occupy your time.

I don't like that the event offerings are in the bloodweb. I think it would be a lot better event if just every game of DBD that started up had the event offering for everyone. Just a lot of wasted points into survivors.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

6/10 (3 points out of six for wraith outfit, trapper body and huntress mask). Due to being able to get only 60 vials and 6 cosmetic pieces. I have about 50 offerings left over.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

2/10

Obvious flaws to it made it through brainstorming/testing to live servers. Cool-ish concept if it's standalone, but if this was somehow an experiment at alternate objectives for survivors...

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

4/10 mostly because devs have been sluggish to react to the killer queue times. Also the limit on survivors extra bp was obviously going to piss people off the serum cap is fine but making the extra bp inaccessible kills lobby time bad. Also don't get all of the community playing killer for a lengthy time 4 survivors one killer you cant get around that problem..By default killer and survivor should be able earn serums.either way or make it so killer only needs to earn 10 or 15 serums to cap.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited October 2018

Everyone seems to rate the Wraith cosmetic but I think he looks like a reindeer / Christmas decoration. Need to hang some baubles on those horns...

I think the Doctor and Huntress are best. Survivors not so good - especially 'E.T' Claudette with the glowing stomach.

The event is OK. I think it shows the game is more balanced than people think as the side objective has skewed it completely.

Extra bloodpoints are always welcome.

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159

4/10
    'cause today I feel generous.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If they had literally JUST hotfixed the survivor cap 90% of these forum complaints would've been fixed. An event that was very easily salvageable if they had just acted quickly. That said, they have not so 5/10. I can't even play killer practically because of these que's stemming from the event problems.

If they fix the event problem in a hotfix or had fixed it, 9/10. Only complaint is why we even have offerings in the bloodweb that are required for the event bloodpoints. Why can't we all just enjoy the events mechanics without being forced to spend bloodpoints in the web. I spend at least the same if not more bloodpoints on the survivor web to get the offerings than I actually get out of them. I don't want to be forced to level up the survivors to enjoy the bloodpoint portion of the event.

• Rex_Huin

@Blueberry said:

I spend at least the same if not more bloodpoints on the survivor web to get the offerings than I actually get out of them. I don't want to be forced to level up the survivors to enjoy the bloodpoint portion of the event.

Really? – I have found this event pays handsomely.

• Blueberry

@Rex_Huin said:

@Blueberry said:

I spend at least the same if not more bloodpoints on the survivor web to get the offerings than I actually get out of them. I don't want to be forced to level up the survivors to enjoy the bloodpoint portion of the event.

Yeah, filling out an entire P3 level 50 web to get those offerings will cost me almost the same as what I actually get from using them. It's awful

• Rex_Huin

@Blueberry said:

@Rex_Huin said:

@Blueberry said:

Yeah, filling out an entire P3 level 50 web to get those offerings will cost me almost the same as what I actually get from using them. It's awful

I still find that strange. I can usually find between 1 and 3 offerings in a level 50 web. On balance I find that pays..I guess it depends on how many other people harvest.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Boss said:

At this rate, they don't even need to create one, forum's been swarmed by opinions.
    It almost makes it seem as if DS isn't an issue anymore. :p
    Anyway, what would you rate, from 1 to 10?

I’d give it an 8/10. It’s a fun event and a good idea, but it was put in too quickly and kinda threw the game off balance.
  • Blueberry
    edited October 2018

@Rex_Huin said:

@Blueberry said:

@Rex_Huin said:

@Blueberry said:

I still find that strange. I can usually find between 1 and 3 offerings in a level 50 web. On balance I find that pays..I guess it depends on how many other people harvest.

Well being lenient I'd say even best case scenario we'll say you get 3 offerings in your web AND don't get bullied out of harvests. In that ideal scenario I'd say those are getting you a bonus of 70k bloodpoints. I'd spend almost that much filling out the entire web. That's not even counting if I get unlucky and don't get 3 in there or don't get to harvest much in a match because of other survivors.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited October 2018

3/10

Very poor design. So many players saw the flaw in this to begin with. Killer lobbies were doomed due to survivors flipping to killer after 30 and the fact that killers kept gaining rank while survivors were losing rank. They don't care about gens and objectives. They only care about those sweet BP's and vials.

Concept was good, execution was very juvenile. I can't believe these guys get paid for this job and could not see a flaw that everyone else could see.

PS: For those saying it is just a lobby bug - that would mean wait times are predictable. My wait times have been: 33 minutes, 47 minutes, 16 minutes, and 37 minutes before first survivor shows up. It is a line, nothing more.

• Grimmreaperme
    Grimmreaperme Member Posts: 31

No Hag cosmetic, so 0/10 :P

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2018

I would rate it a 5/10.

Pros:
    1. The cosmetics are badass.
    2. I love the idea of additional objectives for Survivors.
    3. The devs are actually looking at some of the cons for this event and trying to fix them.

Cons:
    1. Vials being capped at 30 for each side (this extends Killer queues because people have already gotten their 30 from Survivor, meaning that there is a lack of Survivors for the Killer to go up against).
    2. Only being able to obtain one vial per game (You can't gain any nectar after you fill up your vial).
    3. Total vials being capped at 60 and you can only get six outfit pieces (Only the people who grind their asses off should be able to unlock all of the outfits before the event ends, most average players should be able to get somewhere between 3 and 5 outfits).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

8/10 because while I don't blame them for the oversight that caused the current lobby issues, it did kinda ruin the event.

• Blueberry

@Orion said:
    8/10 because while I don't blame them for the oversight that caused the current lobby issues, it did kinda ruin the event.

If someone had an oversight would it not be their fault?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@Orion said:

Why don't you blame them? This should've and could've easily been pointed out by someone at BHVR before the event started. All they seemed to be thinking about was the $50-70 they would get from people purchasing the outfits after the event ended (depending on what they bought with vials).

• Orion

@Blueberry said:

@Orion said:

Depends on the oversight.
    The Nurse not being able to blink on certain tiles? That's not acceptable.
    Failing to take into consideration what would happen when one side finished their event? Easy to overlook if you're also busy creating new interactions, spawn points, etc., for an event.

• Orion
    edited October 2018

@SnakeSound222 said:

@Orion said:

Why don't you blame them? This should've and could've easily been pointed out by someone at BHVR before the event started. All they seemed to be thinking about was the $50-70 they would get from people purchasing the outfits after the event ended (depending on what they bought with vials).

Because to err is human (and to forgive is divine), and because people like you immediately assume malicious intent for every little mistake.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

The oversight if they correct can be forgiven. This was new previously killers still got rewarded for event hooks as did survivors with event generators. Capping the ability to harvest nectar after 30 was a mistake. The cosmetics are good, the fact that they gave you the chance to get 2 complete sets was also good considering it was going to be one. The lobbies and in game stuff looks cool. @Orion is right 8/10.

• Hubz
    Hubz Member Posts: 21

9/10 for cosmetics
    The cosmetics are beautiful. The fact that you can buy them afterward is why I took a point off. I wish they were event items. I am fine with the fact you can only get 2 for free and have to pay for the rest, but if you can get them afterwards, that sucks.

8/10 for mechanics
    The mechanics balance the game more. The fact that there is an optional objective that takes as long as a generator balances a few things. It is rough around the edges for killers, but otherwise I like it.

Overall? 8.5/10
    I am quite enjoying myself with the event and it's new skins.

• Blueberry

@Orion said:

@Blueberry said:

@Orion said:

Failing to take into consideration what would happen when one side finished their event? Easy to overlook if you're also busy creating new interactions, spawn points, etc., for an event.

Seems like a pretty obvious issue that would arise, I'd put it under the same category as nurse unable to blink on certain tiles. I wouldn't exactly call this an unusual outcome. The event played out exactly as planned, the plan just wasn't designed well.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Some of you are being crazy.

The event is a 8/10 at least.

• Orion

@Blueberry said:

@Orion said:

@Blueberry said:

@Orion said:

Seems like a pretty obvious issue that would arise, I'd put it under the same category as nurse unable to blink on certain tiles. I wouldn't exactly call this an unusual outcome. The event played out exactly as planned, the plan just wasn't designed well.

Hindsight is 20/20. Like I said, it's easy to overlook this "obvious" issue if you're also busy creating a bunch of stuff for the event.

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

A good 6 out of 10 I enjoy the artwork and the theme also the extra objective for the Survivors. However, it leaves much to be desired for the perspective of a killer because certain skins just don't click with me you know?