"Proximity to hooked survivor"

You would think the entity would disregard being close to a hook, when a survivor is literally running me around the killer shack with one in the basement. I see another survivor crouching waiting for "the moment" but the one im chasing has already been hit once, but just wont run me to another T/L... So I only get one pip on a 4k match instead of what should be a double pip.

Granted I know this is a system to "prevent" face campers, just ranting here.

If you are a survivor, and your teammate is on the hook, loop me literally anywhere besides, right next to the hook. I get more emblem points, and your teammate gets a safe rescue. Its a win-win.

Comments

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

Preach it. Maybe incentivize them with points for leading us away from the hook...might even, lord forbid, have the byproduct of encouraging them to stop unhooking right in our faces and complaining about it later too.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887
    edited January 2021

It's funny hearing it from the killer viewpoint. I have ranted about this to other survivors. When I am on the hook, don't loop the killer around me.

I think they are still focused on getting their altruism points rather than getting the hooked survivor rescued.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

Its a major reason why the camping/tunneling arguments are pointless. Most of the time the killer prioritizes targets by vulnerability. Quite frequently a survivor isn't camped or tunneled out of spite or lack of skill on their behalf. It's just how ######### ended up and killers have no reason to be nice.

Especially since being nice is rarely recognized as that, and treated as incompetence.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

In a similar vein...

If the killer downs your teammate, and knows you are nearby, be mindful that the killer may "proxy camp" to look for you. At some point, you may need to rear your head, just so you can kite the killer away.

Otherwise, the killer is going to feel justified proxy camping because they just saw a survivor hiding for unhook close by--especially if they don't have BBQ or other info perks to identify survivors further away.

All too often I see survivors immerse themselves behind a rock while a survivor goes to struggle, because the killer insists on searching every nook and cranny for the teammate they saw a second ago.

• LeChristmas
    LeChristmas Member Posts: 9

Huh could've sworn it didn't actually count if you were in chase but I guess not.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

If another Survivor is within 16m of the hook this doesn't apply.

Stop proxying within 16m of the hook waiting for Survivors coming to save and you won't get this penalty.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

The way I've thought of fixing it is simple: right now it disregards if a survivor is too close to the hook (16m I think?) So what they should do is apply that same radius to the killer, as well. Because it should not be considered camping when I'm trying to get this survivor away but I'm not technically in chase because the loop is too tall for me to get sight on them

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

You don't lose points if you are in a chase.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2021

This is correct you only lose points if no survivors are within 16m and you camp within 16m and don't leave after 10-15 sec, more than likely the Op probably ended the match early and not enough happened to give a good score on emblems