I’m toxic now.

Hey folks! I made my first post about how I like to let survivors go a while back. Just wanted to come back to say that survivors treat me like trash no matter how fair I play.

Thus I have decided to be toxic back. When survivors t bag. Or switch items last second so I can’t pick perks to counter. Or are clearly using voice coms(Not for fun but to sweat and coordinate like crazy) as a 4 man swf (not cheating but incredibly unbalanced) I tunnel and face camp them!

It feels great. Especially the voice com using swf. They come into the game with 2 flashlights, 2 toolboxes, bond, everyone running decisive and borrowed time, hook sabo for days, t bagging flashlight clicking etc... Then they complain that they got camped. I love reading all the hate filled messages after. I hate this game. The people that play it are trash and they have made me trash.

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,797

Tunneling and face camping people for seeming like they're on comms is your prerogative, but if you hate the game and aren't having fun with it the better answer would be to take a break or find a new game. No use torturing yourself or others.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Look I understand I'm not even going to try and figure out the amount the times I have let people go and next game regret it because I play a team that is doing everything in their power to make me miserable and get 0 hooks. Then when you get your hands on them theres no time left to play normal so you try to camp to open up the possibility to trade hooks or slug them which results in hate. However I also remember the amount of thank you's and GG's and other good hearted messages I have received from survivors during my time. That is what I focus on. Not the twats because not everybody is like that.

• GloryHunter
    GloryHunter Member Posts: 33

It's a game. Some killers are toxic and some survivors are toxic. If they get in your head, they a break.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

People still thinking tunnelling or camping to win is toxic smh.

Start hitting people on hook if you wanna be toxic and shaking your head when you hit them down. Tunnelling is just a really efficient strat and camping only works in certain situations where the survivors leave someone on hook for too long.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

At bagging and clicks clicks can be seen as an effective strat then if that’s the case since it quite often gets the killer to commit to a chase that they probably shouldn’t commit to.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

I Play exactly the same way. If it's clear I've got a baby in my lobby ill usually let her go (almost always a meg).

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

I think bhvr should remove end game chat altogether this would instantly become a nicer community. On ps5/4 I've probably only received hate mail around 20 times in 2 years.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Nice. I'm glad you saw the error of your old ways. I usually support being a nice person, but when it comes to DBD and survivors, show no mercy to them. They will rag on you no matter what. Playing nice is just not worth it. They don't appreciate it most of the time.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Toxic is writing crap to other people. Tunneling, camping? Your playing the game by it's rules it is not toxic. But this is good you should do everything to destroy the "fun" for that kind of survivors. They only play the game to mess with others.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I don't recall if you are the same person I answered when I first heard this post by someone saying they always try to be a nice Killer. I said then, and I'm saying so again now, why would you do this to yourself? All you have to do to be a good sport is the following:

1. Don't cheat, either by hack or lag spike.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory, and gracious in defeat.

All that other silly stuff, i.e. codes of behavior telling you what you should and shouldn't do are pointless. I told you then, that it would not matter. Bad sports are going to be jerks to you no matter how nice you place. You are now in a classic overcorrection. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Just play the game. Ignore the after game chat. Give a polite GG or say nothing at all. Play hard. Why cede bad sports another victory.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

Last night I played a game against a very toxic SWF that was obviously on coms. Best game ever. I switched to an ebony mori and NOED before the game started. Two Blendette's with toolkits and 2 flashlights in the lobby kinda telegraphed their intentions. Mori'd one during the game then slugged the other 3 with NOED. Opened the gates to start the EGC and mori'd another that had almost crawled to the gate. Got 2 DCs from the final survivors. Think that is my new strategy vs anyone I think might be a SWF.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

This is just embarassing

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153

That post and that username.. I’m so confused

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Thanks for the announcement.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Honestly, I've been playing for 2 months and played both Killer and Survivor, I would estimate as a Killer I get some sort of toxic chat regardless of how I play at least 3 games out of 10. Playing as a survivor, I almost never see Killers say anything other than gg. Even if it's a 5 gen face camper, they won't ever say anything in the lobby, which leads me to believe its just a confused new killer who doesn't know how to get kills other than facecamp + NOED (and perhaps console if they're also not typing).

I think you are absolutely wrong to say Killers kicked off the circle of toxicity, in fact I think it's the other way around (case in point, see the OP)

• Woot1234
    Woot1234 Member Posts: 139

To keep your sanity and joy in the game, i strongly recommend you take one lobby at a time in deciding to be toxic. Join a P3 lobby with items? Anticipate toxicity. Experience BM in the match? Have at it - camp tunnel do what you want.

But when you encounter survivors who give you a good game and don't bully you or purposely try to irritate you, let one or two go or see if you can mess around to rack up some BP together. It's cathartic when you pay it forward to fun survivors

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Your username is very ironic.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Not long ago, i had a game against an unexperiecend killer. The gens went fast and he chased me for quite a while, not able to catch me. In the end before we opend the gate my friend and i thought we give him some free hooks simply because of good sportsmanship and so he gets some bloodpoints aswell. The 2 randoms joined us under a hook. The end of the story was that we all got downed and he let us bleed out. In the endgame chat we got insulted for genrush and how unfair the game is.

No side is better then the other. Many survivors try to play as scummy as possible and many killer try to play as scummy as possible. And.. like i said... the reason for that is because they got treated like ######### in games before. Arguments can be made for both sides.

• kellysman0326
    kellysman0326 Member Posts: 20

I just wanna say the game I played is bs bc I helped this guy up and the killer killed me on a hook and let him survive, the killer was a player on a Xbox or a pc and the killer shook his head up and down and stood there and let him escape,

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Some embrace it faster than others.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
    edited January 2021

This. I'm stomping you? Expect me to let you get a play (such as me walking right pass you as if you just managed to hide, even if you were so obvious neon legion could hide better) as well just wander the map instead of actively patrolling PoI's. I might even set up scarier moments where I pass by, before suddenly jumping you when you think you're safe instead of just "Get out of that locker meg, we're going on an adventure to the nearest hook."

Be toxic tho, and I wont give the same privilege. I will remove you from the game by force.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

yep we should all do that I mean survivor q time are already long let see if we can make them infinite.

• notstarboard

If you're feeling the same as OP, by all means. I have fun playing killer regardless of whether I'm playing against SWF and I don't feel the need to tunnel and face camp people.

• NekoGamerX
    edited January 2021

no I don't feel the same but I can see why some don't play anymore survivors are now bad wording about survivor q time I wonder why? is it because with out killers survivors can't play food for thought.

and nice you still have fun I do too sometime but other time it not fun and I don't tunnel and face camp but sometime you have to like when all gens are done.

and if you never tunnel and camp ever then you must have sweaty build or your using one of the 3 or 4 killers that can handle most matches

I don't my 4 main are not even in the b rank of killers so yea.

edit scratch that one more main in higher rank but not good with the spirit I like to be.

• Msterflex
    Msterflex Member Posts: 126

There are a lot of toxic people but I’ve met lots of nice people too. Like people will stay at the gate and let me get free hits for blood points in games where I’ve done bad. I think the toxic people are a minority. Don’t let them sour your game just turn the other cheek and don’t spread the toxicity as someone else said.

• notstarboard

I just am not looking to always kill all of the survivors at all costs; I play to have fun myself and to let the people I'm playing against have fun. Like, if I see someone trying to body block after a hook save, I'll almost always just hit them and chase them instead of ignoring them to down the person who just got unhooked. The only time I "tunnel" someone is pretty much when I can't find anyone else. Like, let's say I leave the hook to patrol gens, then 30 seconds later they get saved. If I haven't found anyone on gens, I might go back to the hook. If I can't find the person who did the save but catch the one who was hooked healing, or something, I'll still down them. I get that camping is the right play sometimes and I'll proxy camp at times too (usually when someone's hooked during the EGC), but I try to avoid that when I can. I definitely don't tunnel or camp just because people are in a party though, like, people should be able to have fun playing with their friends.

• NekoGamerX

I don't have to kill all survivors every match either want everyone have fun but some survivors make it they life goal to try to gen rush and piss the killer off much as they can that's not fun.

killer need to have fun too not to be survivors play thing if that was the case killers should be just AI not really players.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Name doesn't add up.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

Good, your journey to becoming a servant of the entity is almost complete.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Taxic no0b

• FreddysMixTape
    FreddysMixTape Member Posts: 78

gaming