The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Playing against the Spirit is the most unfun and frustrating experience one can have in this game.

Flawless_
Flawless_ Member Posts: 323
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

Probably on pair with Iridescent Head or old Legion. I don't care if there's counterplay or not, there isn't by the way you just guessed right. Maybe you're a god of the game who can predict where an invisible killer is coming from every single time but I really despise having to go against a killer so poorly designed that you can mindgame people by standing still. Inb4 the barrage of offended killers coming to say just git gud please, please enlighten me with a video or a tutorial where it shows how to juke her power consistently or at least how not to feel miserable in a solo Q Spirit (+Ruin/Undying/Stridor) game cause I have no idea.

And guess what Behaviour knows this because they left the Wraith visible while up close it's in their patch notes:

"The goal of this change is to make it harder for Survivors to keep tabs on The Wraith while he is cloaked while maintaining an opportunity for a Survivor to react if you approach from the open."

Ok, cool. Now can the same logic apply to the Spirit? How do you defend that?

She needs some kind of feedback you can react to. That's all I'm saying. Her power would be fine it there was at least one, objective way of reacting to it.

Post edited by Flawless_ on

Comments

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Just look into the shards

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Well that's too bad I guess. If you can't take it that much you might consider stopping playing DBD until they "delete" spirit if ever.

I for one love facing spirit, predicting & confusing her. Ofc, there isn't consistent way to loop her otherwise she wouldn't be as good as she is. In fact, no killer should be loopable consistently, that means they're weak and survivor is in more control then killer unless the killer has some massive advantages in other aspects other then chase where he's weak.

Everyone has killer they hate but that doesn't mean that killer is badly designed. Spirit's gameplay is fine, she might get few small tweaks to add a bit more feedback to her routing during phase but nothing significant that would give off her position like it was on her PTB where she was kind of bad.

Also in standing still mindgame it's the worst idea to go back towards the spirit. Just get out of her LOS and juke according to circumstances from there once she can't possibly see you.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I'm not saying that spirit is fair or anything, but if you classify "guessing right" as no counterplay then TL walls also have no counterplay because you simply guess right on what the killer is gonna do. Same with huntress with her "will I lift a hatchet or will I keep going" 50/50, by your logic she also has no counterplay either.

Basically your logic is flawed on what is and what isn't counters.

One thing I will admit though is when injured it pretty much is the spirits game to lose.

• Flawless_
    edited January 2021

No it's not. There are ways to run TL's that are objectively more efficient. Once the killer runs counterclockwise it is a 50/50 scenario. That doesn't mean once you get to a TL wall it's just luck. With Huntress and any other killer you can literally have visual and auditory feedback on what they're doing which you can use to react accordingly. How well you react after is a different thing. WHich btw not sure if you noticed but the Spirit's power has none of those. No feedback.

• Flawless_

I have actually and no. 1 that rarely happens no. 2 once you stop feeling entitled to a win it's not as bad as you make it seem. What makes you think there's nobody better than you in this game? What makes you think there aren't players who can loop you or outplay you?

Also nice example of whataboutism. You contributed nothing to the actual topic. 10/10

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

When did I say I care about winning? Even if I'm rank 1 in both roles I don't care about winning or losing that much. I don't complain about being outplayed I like to go against elite players, but not when they just t-bag or hit you constantly while on hook etc. That is unfun not to face a challange against a good killer or good survivors.

If you have problem with Spirit get better as survivor. People that complain about "OP" killers are mostly bad survivors. Why complain about being outplayed when you could use the time to practice and get better instead..

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Yet another post about Spirit. These Spirit posts are getting more repetitive than working on gens.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Play on switch against a PC Bubba and get back to me.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

This person hasn't gone against a 4 man with the full smol PP meta, and lost literally only because they had their perks. They've never been denied a kill because "a survivor had a perk to save them". Outplayed I guess.

But sure - Spirit is the most frustrating thing. I think I've gone against a Spirit twice in the last month. At peak times.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2021

It's like what they say about sweat swf on comms: Sucks to play against, but happens like in 1 of 50 games (The spirit+ruin+undying combo). So I don't see a problem here.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

The only aspect of Spirit they need to tweak is her post-phase movement speed. It’s a hand-holding mechanic that makes her easier to play and not a high-risk high-reward Killer like Nurse.

• JimbusCrimbus

I might agree with that - but I think there's other handholding mechanics that have been around far longer, that need to be looked at first.

• JimbusCrimbus

BHVR is too busy doing the stuff on their "things nobody asked for or wanted" list.