The Reason I'm Taking a Break From DbD

Ok, I know you are probably thinking "You are just cashing in on the state of the game" or "You are just exaggerating", to that I say, no.

This game truly has a great concept, it really does, and I honestly feel like DbD could bring me back, but right now, I'm taking a break.

The main reason I'm doing this is because

A: The devs need to pay more attention to the community.

Ok, I've made an entire conversation about how the devs really should look into concepts from the community, and while I still stand strong, that is not what I'm asking right now. The game is heavily unbalanced. There are so many things that need nerfs or buffs, and while they have fixed this with moris and clown changes, it still feels like the game is just... broken.

No one asked for a new HUD, I really do not know a single person who thought the old on was outdated, there was no reason to update it. I understand QoL changes, but honestly, its even more difficult ult with a new HUD, you have to look all around your screen to find the info you need. But this is a ramble that is getting off topic.

The devs are good at their job, DbD is a great concept, and is executed fairly well, but they will not listen to their community.

The second reason is

B: The ranking system

I could ramble about this all day. Adding rank rewards does not fix the system, all it does is provide a use for ranking up. The system itself is way too easy.

I hate to do this, but compared to a game like Leauge of Legends, who has a ranking system that makes sense and I adore, DbD is literally "Play the game alot". Leauge has a massive skill reliance when it comes to ranking up. Someone can just run around and do nothing, except maybe get chased once or twice, and still rank up.

The last reason I'm leaving is

C: Give Fnaf chapter

Self explanatory.

Anyway, those are the main reason why I'm taking a break. In no way am I leaving permanently, I am just tired of it at the moment. Happy gaming!

Comments

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

People get tired/bored of playing a game sooner or later. Is normal. It's normal to take breaks and come back to the game later.

Some people like to say it's because they are fed up with the game's developers not listening to the community. Bollocks to that. Developers don't need to listen to the community, especially one as whiny and entitled as this one. It's a nice thing, but more important is for developers to maintain their vision of a game and bring it to fruition.

Don't worry someday the devs will have a brain fart and do a teddy bear chapter. Until then the rest of us will be happy they don't.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

The new HUD is bad everyone know it but you can't blame them for trying to make things more attractive I think they do it to give us variety although this time they were wrong, sooner or later they will have to revert it because it's not good for our eyes it's like when they did the aura changes, they had to remove it. 

Not pay attention to ranking system and try to be better player when you are red rank in whatever role that you play the rank system dosen´t care you anymore.

And the devs listen to the community but it's not a giant team like GTA and they add new content all the time new rift, new killers, new maps, new survivor, new skils, new perks, new interactions, new skins, PTBs, DbD mobile, and the new content deforms the programming code all the time which generate and will continue to generate new bugs that never end.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

The new hud is to make it easier for people on the switch... on monitors and tvs though it's too spread out still don't know why they changed it, but just because no one asked for a ui change that you know of, there may be something else they are working on that is allowing and requiring a change. the look of injured vs uninjured is crap yes and color blind people will have an issue with this. still there is a chance this ui will be better and controlable but not holding my breath on this.

Your FNAF comments.. you got the bunny suits from that so stick that comment.

the "RANK" system is soon to not be part of match making if they can pull off an MMR correctly per killer... but i doubt it will work well.

• FlanFan
    FlanFan Member Posts: 17

If the new hud was just for switch, they would've given it the hud in the mobile app.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

I said it works best for the switch, I didn't say it was just for the switch.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

It's perfectly normal to like the game but not be into it. I'm going to hop back in at the next rift/killer release. It's good not to let a game like this become routine imo.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited January 2021

Inb4 fnaf killer is literally just the spirit standing still " m i n d g a m e ".

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Imagine "taking a break" because the devs need to pay more attention to the community.

These threads...

• Gore_Nargai
    Gore_Nargai Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2021

Hahahaha bro, i thought you were talking serious until i saw the last part about the "Fnaf chapter", you got me not gonna lie, glad you are enjoying the game.

Post edited by Gore_Nargai on
  • Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215

I do hope you read the whole thread, not just that part.

• Deadlock

I dont understand why people are so against a fnaf chapter, honestly. I can understand wanting another chapter more, but the amount of hate that idea gets is way too extreme.

• Deadlock

I Dont mean concepts, and while it would be nice, I'm more concerned about them seeing what people are complaining about. Every community, legit, every community is said to be "Toxic" or "Entitled", and yes, every community has its bad apples, the DbD community has some really great people.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I just feel like that final part was not necessary, it kinda just makes the whole entire reason why you are taking a break seem as "devs don't listen to the community, rank bad fix, and I didn't get what chapter I want", like for example

I want an Outlast chapter in the game, however we have such a tiny chance at that happening, but I don't like the game anymore because its stressful to play as killer and survivor is kinda boring in solos

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

I wonder if I've ever posted one of these " this why I'm taking a breaks"

I believe, I just do it .

• Deadlock

I do it in case I can point out to people some bigger issues, and maybe BHVR will look at titles like these and realize that people are taking breaks because they aren't running their game right.

Also because I was bored and decided to make it.

• Deadlock

I was just joking when it came to that, while I would love a fnaf chapter, that's not why I'm taking a break. Tho if they do add a fnaf chapter my break will instantly end. But the third point was mainly made for comedy.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

People were also crying like little babies when they announced the silent hill chapter, now everyone loves it. I wouldn't take this community seriously, buddy.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

I too am thinking of taking a break.

1.) The game is broken. It disconnects you mid match then penalizes you. Most Devs would mark this problem as "code red" all hands on deck we need to fix this ASAP. Even if the problem took a lengthy time to fix they would acknowledge the problem and try to make amends to keep players around. I get snarky moderator remarks if I get anything when reporting a bug.

• Gore_Nargai
    edited January 2021

I'll give you some of the other points tho, the game need some serious work.

• Gore_Nargai

First of all it's a franchise that came out as a meme and social trending.

It has a lot of entries, being all the same, just a way to printing money, the developer has never done a single good game aside from the same formula of point an click, is garbage.

Its main audience are kids.

It's like asking slenderman to come to DBD.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

Hopefully you are a killer main. All my killer main friends and me have also left. The goal is to get it to a point where no killers are left so survivebabys have nothing to play against.

• Deadlock

I was kind of both. If I had to pick one side I usually would pick survivor, but I was never toxic, I usually ran off meta perks, or tried out funny builds. The only meta perks I would run is Sprint Burst or Decisive, but I wouldn't run them both in one build.

But I understand what you mean, I hate toxic survivors.

• Deadlock

Ok, First, the game is not a meme. Ok well it kind of is, but it isn't a meme as a whole. The fnaf fanbase is surprisingly more mature than you think. When the first game came out, it was 2014, 6 years ago. Kids who were 10, 11, 12, are now 16, 17, 18. Me and most of my friends still are interested in the games.

Now the tons of entries being all the same is just completely wrong. Fnaf 1 is a classic, that introduced and idea that has never been seen before amongst horror. Fnaf 2 followed that up almost perfectly by adding more animatronics, more threats, more lore, and the best part is that they removed the doors. You no longer feel safe. Fnaf 3 is my personal favorite of the games. Instead of a bunch of animations coming after you, its just one. You have to follow only one animatronic, and its much more threatening, because unlike the other games, once it reaches your door, you're dead. Fnaf 4 is completely different, but thats obvious so I won't go on. Fnaf world is the best thing to ever happen to the gaming world. Fnaf Sister Location, again, is completely different. I like this one alot, but it sacrificed alot of gameplay for lore reveals. Fnaf Pizzeria Simulater is the best tycoon I've ever played, and still manages to be scary, as well as being mainly for lore. This is probably my second favorite game. And UCN is a clusterfluff, and yet, much harder than any game that came before it. Help Wanted, is STILL somehow much different than the others games.

Hes not making games for money, he's putting all of his effort into making a good game, and people love it.

I doubt I have changed your mind, I mean, you are a person on the internet, but honestly, give these games another try, for real.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

First, your point about it being a meme game is entirely wrong. The first game was a last ditch attempt to make game from a drained developer. It wasn't a joke game.

Second point is an opinion.

Third point is true, however the game is not intended for children. It just caught on with them.

Making fun of people because they want to be happy is pretty sad, dude.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

I could say the same about evil within.

I think that game is awful, and even comedically predictable with its scares.

But you know what? I don't put people down for wanting an Evil Within chapter.

Maybe you should as well.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Forget FNAF, or any new content tbh. They should work on fixing things and changing the stale meta before they release more new content. The meta has been almost 100% the same for 3 years at least. They need to nerf every meta perk into the ground and buff old perks, along with with addressing the communities concerns. All new content does is bring new problems. The game needs an "operation health" type update.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

You sound like you're a toddler. I play both sides and both sides have some fair gripes. Go buy Friday the 13th and play againat the single player bots. That sounds more up your alley.

• Deadlock

The Fnaf thing was a joke, but yes, I do agree with you. Stop making new unfinished content, and start fixing content you already have.

• Deadlock

I could literally go on for hours about how this isnt a children's game. You clearly know nothing if you think this game is "for kids". Kids play it, because parents and the kids don't know what the games are about. If you knew half the things about the game you would change your opinion. Kids play DbD but it doesn't mean its a kids game. The game just caught on with kids, but is not advertised/ment to be played by children.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

100% this. I don't want a FNAF chapter as much as other people do, but I don't understand why people put it down as a "child's game" and belittle it. If they actually knew the lore, they would feel like a moron. I do think FNAF eventually catered to kids as they were the main audience, but it hasn't always been like that.