What was your first DBD match like?

Karao_Ke
Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

My first DBD match was as a survivor (I believe I was Meg) on Haddonfield with a Clown. I was playing with one of my friends at the time (his first time as well), and we were scared sh*tless. I just remember laughing so hard out of fear whenever I was in a chase. I wish I could experience that again. Needless to say, we all died.

Unfortunately I don't remember my first killer match, all I know is I didn't know how to lunge and lost survivors easily.

What was your first DBD experience like?

Comments

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

My first killer match was as Hillbilly and I didn't know how to use his chainsaw sprint. So I literally was walking around the map, failing to hit survivors that I managed to find with an m1 attack. Everybody ended up escaping.

My first survivor match was as Meg on Coal Tower against the Legion. Every time I got found, I ended up freaking out and either fast vaulting a window to get away or quickly entered a locker (Which ended up getting me caught). Two people managed to escape while me and a Dwight died.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I don't remember much about my early killer games. I started playing DbD because of Tru3talent, so I emulated a lot of what he did.

My early survivor games were super fun. Survivors were actually scared of the killer, and practically everyone played immersed. I miss those days.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

0 recollection

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

My first few games were in a KYF with some friends who got me into the game. I had played the tutorial so I had some idea of what I was doing. I started off on Survivor, ran Lithe, Lightweight, Premonition, 4th perk I can't remember and 100% ran away every single time Premonition went off. No idea how that game ended.

During that same KYF was also my first killer match. I had not played the Killer tutorial at this point so I had no idea lunging was a thing. I played as Trapper. We ended up on Ormond so I could not see my extra traps on the ground. I placed the one trap I started with in a random patch of grass and ended up stepping in it later. I distinctly remember there being one of said friends who I straight up could not catch and eventually gave up chasing. I did end up killing one of my friends who had been playing for a while so I figured I hadn't done too badly for my first game. Now I know that that friend very heavily relies on being Blendette... which doesn't work on Ormond.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

First survivor match: Miss 5 skillchecks and die because I didn't play the tutorial and had no idea what was going on. This was like 2 years ago and I uninstalled the game immediately lmao. Later I watched my friends play the game and I got back into it.

First killer match: Trapper. I put traps all around gens and hooked survivors. Surprisingly effective, I got a 3k and when it came to the last guy I put every single trap around the hatch because I had no idea you could close it. Didn't work but it was pretty funny. I think I also got hit with head on twice in that match but I had no idea what it was, so I just avoided lockers cause I thought anyone could stun you.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

My first match was as Nea, running Urban Evasion. :D My friend had just got the game and invited me to play. He was using Claudette, who he read was the strongest character to use for Self Care.

I don't remember who we fought. This was back in 2017 so my memory is hazy. But I remember that we died. Our second match we also died. We escaped on our third match.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Yeah, the game was a lot more fun back then. People were still stealthing and avoiding the killer, the maps were actually dark and you could actually hide from the killer.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

dude the fact that you uninstalled the game asap is such a mood lol

• Karkashan
    Karkashan Member Posts: 20

My first survivor match was against a Pyramid Head I think? I remember the second match, going up against a Huntress on an Autohaven map a lot clearer because that humming terrified me (I also didn't use headphones for the game audio at first so I couldn't hear the heartbeat/terror radius) I know the third match was a Pyramid Head on Hawkins cause he was the first killer to give me hatch.

• Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2021

Long story short: first match was as Myers, as he was the reason I bought the game. I sucked, only got 1 person to 3rd hook state and a couple of hits on everyone else. Didn’t get to Tier 3 until just before gate opened.

Apologized in chat for sucking, and the first guy I’d gotten a hit on while still in Tier 1 said I was a good killer, and had made him jump out of his chair the way I rounded the corner to the gen (Meat packing plant) and got him before he saw me.

That one guy is the entire reason I play for scares over sacrifices and main Mirror Myers. Nothing is more satisfying than being told I legitimately scared somebody.