(Showing their true colors)

I would like this week out about this it's so upsetting that a game that once was fun is turning into too much toxicity even the developing team.

I get it if someone keeps asking over the years about the color blind aspect that they would love to have you shouldn't be rude to the people who love your game and it took a gaming CEO to speak out about the matter and after that they eventually apologize for the incident it's pretty unacceptable in my opinion and rude for the color blind community.

I get it that they need to make money to be able to do things but they have enough time on their hands to create story lines, killers and cosmetics but yet they never seem to have the time to put an extra work in the game that they so call having love for it in my eyes they seem to care more about profit than the love and support from their fans.

These are only my opinion but I would love for the community to give their opinion on the matter even if they see this and the gaining developers decide to take this down I will repost this again the community has the right to speak out and have a voice on such matters and therefore we have the right to voice our opinion on the game that we love such as the developers love this game.

Thank you survivors and killers of the fog for your time and if I have to make another account if they ban this one for me voicing my opinion then therefore I will they cannot block out our opinions no more.

Comments

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

Or he could've just kept quite. He should've kept his mouth shut.

• LazyGhost25
    LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 49

We all take breaks sometimes but we miss the old days of this game wasn't to toxic and we all share so many good memories.

• LazyGhost25
    LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 49

I was talking about less toxicity and yes they need the color blind added to the game

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Isn't it a good thing they revealed that colourblind modes are being added into the game then?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

This was disused at nozium this week. More information is out about it. Maybe you go find it.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Im sure what he wanted to say is that it was planned or in the works or going to be ready sooner rather than later, but as they are a dev under a NDA he risks his job giving answers of anything close to this, and being badgered about it is probably the last think he wants when he knows any answer he would give that would ease tensions can be held above his head by his NDA

A simple "We're working towards implemeting it and will update when we're closer to completion" could be seen as a breach of contract and easily have him lose his job or worse

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I really hope no one lost their job because of this

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

"Please add color blindness"

"Stop bothering us about it"

:/

• bjorksnas

"please give information that can break a legally binding document"

"tries his best to work around it while still miffed that someone asked over and over"

"how dare you sound miffed while giving me some information that I wanted that you might get fired for giving too much information on"

• CornHub

I've been watching his streams for a while and for multiple dev questions he's responded, "he doesn't know" or "You guys know I'm not allowed to answer a question like that", but instead he just said "I'm tired of you people asking about it". He chose to be rude about people with colorblindness.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

This ^

He was just mildly annoyed at the question being repeated at him, as he (as far as I remember) doesn't have control over the colourblind mode and how it's made.

Imagine being spammed a question you have no control over, so the answer would always be "no". Even if he does have some info about it, it's similar to why otz has an FAQ to stop people from asking the same question he's repeated 1000 times. It gets tiring.

More importantly, he didn't even directly insult or diminish colourblind players, he was just annoyed that he's been asked it a ton. I lurk in his streams, he most certainly doesn't have a grudge against colourblind players.

This whole situation has been completely blown out of proportion when it wasn't even a situation in the first place.

• bjorksnas

If I asked you the same question 20 times would I expect you to give the same jolly answer over and over or would I expect you snap around the 4th time I asked it, now do this every time you stream which he enjoys doing on a consistent basis in his free time

• CornHub

People have spammed his chat asking for buffs and nerfs and he still gave the "Idk" or "I'm not allowed to say response", like I said he chose to be rude about colorblindness.

• Theninjajesus
    Theninjajesus Member Posts: 99

The thing that concerns me is, there's no such thing as an "isolated incident". If he felt comfortable and confident enough to say this in a Twitch stream, basic iceberg theory would mean he's like this about other physical disabilities, or lgbtq folk, or BIPOC. His dismissive and callous perspective is probably not contained to colorblind mode, but probably also someone who has hearing impairment asking for an on-screen heartbeat indicator. Or people asking for representation in game so they can enthusiastically recommend it to their friends and family who accept them and are excited to see themselves in a game. The fact that this community's more toxic elements have gone from saying he's bad at his job and should be let go to defending him against the people saying his self-identification on his personal Twitch as a Behavior employee means he's acting as a representative and should comport himself accordingly is... predictable and disappointing, would be the two emotions that come to mind.

He looked to boost his personal Twitch by using the clout of his employer. That comes with accountability from the public, because you're always, at least partially, acting as an employee. I would NEVER identify who my employer is on any social media for that very reason.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

I mean, look at their new HUD in development. It was terrible 🤣 as much as its be nice to get a system that caters to colourblind people and what not. We'll still see 2 new characters, a new map and new cosmetics before they get around to caring enough to bother.

• bjorksnas

I think he chose to be rude to that one person not chose to be rude to an entire community of people

sure people in general have spammed him but it sounded like from his response that one person spammed him over and over during that stream asking the same question which was probably answered a few times already

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The correct response is "I am unable to answer this question, as this is not a part of the game I work on." The worst answer is "I'm getting bored of people complaining about colorblind issues." There are right ways and wrong ways to give a non-answer. His response was absolutely the wrong way.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

There have been multiple threads about this and I don't think any have been deleted.

• CornHub

He's timed people out or just ignored them when people spammed him, like after the ruin change it was 100x worse, and that was the last time I recalled him giving dismissive or rude but valid responses. Why shouldn't this one spammer been given the "idk" or "I can't answer that" response?

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

We aren't complaining about BHVR not adding accessibility, we're complaining that people seem to thing almo outright insulted and attacked colourblind people which didn't happen.

It's amazing that we're getting colourblind options now, I love it. I also agree that it should've been added in ages ago.

People are just spreading hate for the sole reason to spread hate.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

That's what is really messed up is that instead of being able to tell people something developers are constricted from saying due to NDA they don't even give them a cliche generic line to respond to imply that they can't say anything about it like when police say "we can't comment on an ongoing investigation"

• Theninjajesus

Mine was locked, and I got nuked in Behavior's Twitch for asking if there would be an official statement from the company about his conduct.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

It's a bit unfair howalmo is getting thrown under the bus.

If you go on a trip with a loved one, and that person keeps asking the same question, over and over again you'll eventually lose patience. Besides he's 1 dev amongst Zeus knows how many, and he may not even have the power or knowledge to answer.

Now.... Yes he streams and knows people will be like this, but maybe he does it to improve dev / player communication, that doesn't mean he should get questioned a million times about the same thing.

Even if you are still adament it was a mistake to put it like that, it's not worth all this trouble. Mistakes can happen, no point on throwing the guy in the fire.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Do these "discussion" threads serve any purpose at this point except vindictiveness?

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

It was his free time, at his home streaming just because he wanted to, he wasn't streaming on dbd official channel but his own private channel.

Replying to the same question a million times outside your work time would annoy any single human being

The hate towards 1 single dev that was born after a video made by some braindead youtuber is disgusting.

Almo is not responsible for every issue the game has and the fact that now he's been judged just because he asked to stop repeating always the same question is something that would've been possible just with this whiny community.

I would love to see half of the community being asked the same question about their job when they're at home trying to relax yet replying in the same way he did

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

He could have ignored it. There are no excuses for his behavior.

• TAG
    edited January 2021

The problem is that he is a part of the company, he is speaking about something pertaining to the company, and his response definitely makes the company look worse. The fact that he was doing a personal stream or something doesn't change that because he is still speaking as a mouthpiece of the company, even if he is not THE mouthpiece of the company. It'd be one thing if what he said was taken out of context or twisted to say something it's not trying to say. This is taking what was said word for word and allowing people to judge it for what it is.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

yay, outrage...

• TAG
    edited January 2021

They did not take what he said out of context. They posted the full response he gave in its entirety and left nothing out (as far as I am aware). So we don't agree.

• Theninjajesus

He chose to bolster his Twitch profile by identifying himself as a Dev at Behavior. If he took efforts to maintain a private account where he didn't identify himself as an employee, THEN you'd be correct.

And, as I said in my own post on the subject, there's basic iceberg theory at play here. These are folks who just want basic access. Not even representation which is its own can of worms- basic access. How would he react if a member of the deaf community said they wanted an on-screen heartbeat indicator?

The way the toxic elements of the DBD community would dump on Almo for all his blisteringly awful ideas and thoughts on DBD gameplay up to this point, all of a sudden rallying around him because he was dismissive of a conversation about disability access... woof those certainly are some hot takes.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Knowing this community love of spamming same shiet over and over again, i can't blame this dev for getting annoyed because of it.

• TAG

Meanwhile, I am disheartened by the lack of empathy in the response that let to all this.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

As a person that has seen how people lay a finger at Ethan's, I feel really bad for him but since it's work related you should answer politely. He might be in his spare time but he's representing BHVR's. It's not like he had a car accident and yelled at other driver, he was playing and streaming a game that he's working into and he's representing.

It's underestandable that he got angry but that doesn't excuse him. As I say, I understand the pressure Ethan is going through and the community not helping but there are different ways... you could say "please, stop asking me question related to colorblind mode since I am not responsible of that" or "I am in my spare time and I know you are all excited to know if something new is going out but could you please calm down? I am having a few rough days", which yes that could be considered rude for some but he's just saying that he's under a lot of pressure and thar would make people say "Yes, we are being pushy with a guy that doesn't have a voice on what we are asking".

• TAG

I am viewing the statement as though it were made by a dev on a personal stream in their off-time.

This discussion has been closed.