My Take on InstaDowns

Options

It's been a while since I've seen a post about iri head Huntress and how it's SOOOOO getting nerfed and losing it's insta down (c'mon we know the devs better than that). So here's my take on it. They aren't taking away instadowns, ever. Like seriously think about it.

Killers with insta down powers:

1. Hillbilly
  2. Myers
  3. Bubba
  4. Ghost Face
  5. Oni

Killers with Personal Perks insta down:

1. Hag
  2. Pig
  3. Spirit
  4. Legion
  5. Blight

Killers with Insta Down add-ons:

1. Trapper
  2. Huntress
  3. Clown
  4. Deathslinger
  5. Twins

And obviously we know Plague is sorta instadown and Myers/PH/Pig have ways to kill with their power (Myers being an add-on). Insta downs aren't going anywhere any time soon. Sure, they're weakening them, but they're still there. What do people think? Are people hyping up too much for a killer to lose an insta down when they're STILL making instadowns? Seriously, I was able to list 14 of the 22 killers in the game that introduced a new instadown (3 of which released in the last YEAR).

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

It would take a lot of add-on, perk, and even power reworks to remove instadowns forever. Therefore, they most certainly are not going to remove them entirely from the game.

But I will say due to popular demand, Huntress might get hers taken away. The ONLY thing I think they might do to keep her instadown is her having to hit someone with her hatchet from a certain distance apart for it to work, similar to Deathslingers Iri Coin add-on.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I forget which dev said it but on a stream a dev said that they're changing her add-on to do exactly that. You need to hit someone from x amount of distance away.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Oh wow, I can't believe I guessed that correctly.

In my honest opinion, only good Huntresses will be able to use this add-on to its full potential, which sucks because majority of players aren't too good with her. I know I could never hit a hatchet farther away than I already do, which is like arms length lmao

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    edited January 2021
    Options

I'm not sure what the big deal is? I don't see a problem with instant down killers or killers with teachable instant down perks. I'd say that the only controversial instant down related perks/addons are NOED, Iri Head and Rehead's Pinky Finger.

I think the large consensus is that Iri Head should be nerfed, whilst NOED and clown's instant down addon aren't quite as controversial as Iri.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I'm hoping it won't just be 1 hatchet capacity anymore

• ChurchofPig
    Options

Something tells me if they keep a hatchet amount of restriction with distance you're going to have like 3 or 4 by default. There would be no reason to keep that if you have to snipe to get iri head to work.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

You assume to much competence of the devs, this is the same collection of folks who allowed team play in a game where it breaks everything,

• ChurchofPig
    edited January 2021
    Options

Then I guess that would be a question for the next Q&A, if Huntress' Iri Head gained a distance restriction would it keep the hatchet restriction. Since we know that she's getting an add-on pass and if we were talking theoretically, they could answer that.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,440
    Options

I'm confused by this topic. I've never seen anyone recommend removing insta downs other than Huntress's addon. You're implying there's some vocal group wanting insta downs in general removed?

• ChurchofPig
    Options

No I'm trying to use the fact that there's so many other insta downs so to say "Huntress has it get rid of it" is literally stupid. I get the reasoning behind why it's wanted, but when they announced Huntress' add-on pass everyone started celebrating that Iri Head was no longer going to be an insta down when they never said that. I'm trying to show that there are plenty of other insta downs and they're still making them.

• Blueberry
    Options

I suppose the issue with Huntresses addon is that you can stack it with another addon to remove its negative essentially, whereas all the other killers are more balanced around their insta down or their insta down addon is trash/has an unnegatable very heavy penalty attached to it.

IE most killers insta down addons don't really make them strong, Huntresses makes her very strong. If they just made it so you couldn't negate the hatchet reduction so you could only use 1 hatchet with it, it would be pretty balanced in my opinion.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

My main problem with insta-down is that it should be a benefit that the killer has to work towards. In that context Myers is perfectly fine. But when you get insta-downed within the first minute I can’t help but feel cheated (even if it is ultimately my fault).

• ChurchofPig
    Options

Personally I think the answer isn't replace the insta down with something like people believe they should. I think they need to make it more like Deathslinger where the add-on rewards you for being able to snipe so it doesn't effect close range hits.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited January 2021
    Options

I am genuinely shocked that Iri heads outlived Moris.

• Blueberry
    Options
  • ChurchofPig
    Options

They don't have to make it as far as Deathslinger's though. Let's face it, out of all the insta down add-ons, Deathslinger has probably the [bad word] one. They could still put a distance requirement but make it more doable. Let's say, 10 meters. Is that doable would you say? Survivors 10 meters or more away get insta downed. That way you can't ride a survivors [bad word] and get the insta down but it's still close enough that you can aim.

• Blueberry
    edited January 2021
    Options

Funnily enough while DS ultra rare is trash...there are still many ones even worse or at least just as bad. Honestly I would probably even say the majority of ultra rares in the game are bad. Most of them range from "memey" to just trash.

Well 10m is actually still pretty dang close, that would be working enough that survivors would still think it's op.

I actually prefer the change of keeping it a 1 shot but she can't have more than 1 hatchet even through addons. Now it can be strong if you are good enough but would actually be much worse if they aren't a good Huntress. Risk and reward here with reward favoring skilled players.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Iri hatchets is worst insta down add-on. But having only 1 insta-hatchet makes you just a noob stomper. So if range condition will be added, it should be at least with 3 hatchets in stock.

Having 1 insta-hatchet is a downside no matter how good you are. Even if you never miss, you still waste a huge time to reload your 1 hatchet. And all this time just for 1 down. While you busy with reloading, survivors do gens. And with 1 hatchet you will give them a lot of free time. Having a power like this doesn't let you win against any competent survivors, because most of the time you will be harmless 110 killer with 40m lullaby. Not a single instadown killer have such a restriction to their power.

• ChurchofPig
    Options

What I meant is the Deathslingers was the worst insta down ultra rare add-on

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

Honestly, Iri Head is balanced if it doesn't have Infantry Belt/Leather Loop. You sacrifice multiple hatchets, killing her snowball potential, as well as having a much thinner margin for error as one miss removes your power and makes you a powerless 110% killer. In exchange, if you manage to land your hatchet, you get heavily rewarded on healthy survivors. Dodging one hatchet is significantly easier than dodging three. I think all they need to do is remove the Infantry Belt and Leather Loop's effects on Iri Head and hard lock it at one hatchet. A range limitation will make it near useless. Cross map shots are so rare it's not worth dedicating an addon slot to.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252
    Options

Instadowns..are kind of needed considering how many Survivors have more or less..Multiple second chances with increased the amount of hits needed to down/kill a survivor.

So,ofcrouse you need tons of instardown to counter the tons of second chances..It's like poetry, It rhymes