Speculation of the next chapter, Resident Evil?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

According to this, Capcom is looking for collaborators for its 25th anniversary in March, this could well be the perfect opportunity for the developers to reach an agreement and bring us the RE chapter long before the fifth anniversary, in order to give the place to horror film characters like Candyman or Chucky, etc. (I had to delete the Tweet to avoid problems, look for it on LeaksByDaylight)

What do you think?

Post edited by Jarol on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2021

Possible.

The "stars" reference could also be relating to space stars, AKA Alien chapter.

Resident Evil is probably the more likely one though.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

Something I would die for.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited January 2021

GIANT

WOMAN

In all seriousness as much as I love RE and as how hype it would be I don't want Nemesis/X. They would stick out like a sore thumb. Give me a Regenerator or the OG Tyrant from RE1.

Also AFAIK Resistance (that is actually very fun) is still ongoing and I doubt they'd want to compete with themselves. They should make Resistance F2P.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

Oh my god I hope so!

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688

The possibility of Silent Hill and Resident Evil on the same game is pretty neat.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

If they ######### up the character models, I'm not buying anything from that chapter.

• Jarol

1st. I am an idiot

2nd. Also the 2 games have an anniversary, one in March and the other in June, if it is true to have 2 licenses and 2 originals every year, possibly Candyman will finally be left for the fifth.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I’m really hoping that we could get two licensed chapters back to back. One being Resident Evil and the other being... well, I have zero idea and that’s the wonderful part. :)

• MalcolmKreischer
    MalcolmKreischer Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2021

honestly with the re Collab's that have happened this year I would be stunned if the next licensed one isn't re

I'm hoping it is nemesis as killer and Carlos/Jill for survs, I just wanna blow up people with a rocket launcher

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

lol not an idiot... just aware now😄

I hoooope it’s Candyman this year

Candyman > Resident Evil unless they give us Jill Valentine, then I’m all in... ‘cause Nemesis is kinda meh imo. Have to see how they design him and hope for the best

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2021

I think DBD's Nemesis would be based off the remake, as that's the one Capcom is putting in their marketing. If we do get the OG voice, it'll end up being part of a cosmetic. I wouldn't mind having both the monstrous remake voice and the humanlike OG voice because both are great.

Also it wouldn't be Nemesis without his voice. That would piss off a LOT of people, including Capcom. They might not even allow DBD to use Nemesis if they don't have his voice in some way.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176
    edited January 2021

I feel like Nemesis/Mr X would both be terrifying, kind of similar to an Oni raging and stomping around everywhere. Just absolute tanks marching after you. Yea sign me up!

• Jarol

If we had a chapter with 2 survivors, I hope the RE chapter includes 2 survivors and 2 killers. It would be epic but impossible.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited January 2021

Hopefully it's either Resident Evil or Friday the 13th, or both! Or Resident Evil or Candyman.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I mean. It'd be alright I guess. Nothing I really care to get.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

While I think RE is he anniversary chapter I think one of the next ones could very well be The Walking Dead. I saw recently that there were some other games featuring characters from TWD (I think Michonne and Daryl in Fortnite and some other game)

either as a chapter or as a paragraph like Ash..

• Avarice00
    Avarice00 Member Posts: 39

I don't know I feel about the options for killer if it's RES. Tall lady looks the coolest, but we have no idea what power she would have. MR.X is visually cool, but he has no personality other than he's just going to walk after you. I personally don't find Nemesis visually unique or appealing. My hope would be Tall lady and her release power would be a clue as to what she would be like in RES 8.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

I'm really hoping we get two back to back licensed chapters in March and June, and that both are RE and F13.

A dream come true, I'd need no other licenses again.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    edited January 2021

With the March, anniversary for capcom, I bet the next chapter will be resident evil and anniversary will be Friday the 13th .

Recently it dawned on me, that Paramount has Stars" in the opening intro and ,I think they are the license holders to the FR13th series.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

I think it's premature to make any assumptions; licensing is a complicated process, and since DBD tends to suck up players from other series' (Like people who bought DBD just to play pyramid head), I think that Capcom would have to have a long and hard discussion about their promotion.

Moreover, since the new RE games are likely going to to contain new characters, Capcom would do well to be promoting them. However, DBD's licensed killers are mostly classics. There's still many conflicts of interest to work out before they can even begin development.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Yeah maybe it's just speculation, I would think the clues were given for a reason,Capcom has done alot of promotions since then and continuing for the Capcom anniversary,Why wouldn't you put one of you're monster's on the most popular asymmetrical games.,about the Friday maybe a reach but coincidentally the movie's intro has the director, of the game quotes about the upcoming content will have stars,and we're 5 months away from the anniversary of DBD.I guess it's alot of kids here the only reason why I can't understand why you wouldn't want original Nemesis,or even Original Tyrant 003.

• ShamelessPigMain
    edited January 2021

The conflict of interest is still a roadblock; DBD wants classics, RE wants the young and the new.

To be fair, I think that there will eventually be a RE chapter, but marketing ensures that any chapter negotiated now will be fraught with disagreement and discordance.

Far from the killers being the focus, I think the survivors will be the main contestants in what they choose. Nemesis and etc. are kind of generic (Big zombie things oh no 2sp00ky4u), and RE has a lot of great and developed humans. Aside from the big hits like Leon and Claire and Chris, I think we're going to see a more subtle character be the survivor; when such specimens become so popular as to become godlike, seeing them adapted to another game might take attention away from the RE release. So far, most of the licensed characters were either 1) not the main character 2) the protagonist/antagonist to a more popular antagonist/protagonist. Laurie wasn't that popular compared to Mike, who the hell even knows that Bubba's full name is, Freddy was a pop culture icon but is kind of old now, Amanda is a relatively minor character next to Jigsaw, Ghostface isn't even any of the real ghostfaces, Demogorgon is the lone iconic exception (but only because Stranger Things is a TV show, not a game that it has to compete with), and Pyramid Head is iconic but old. Bill was popular to a niche, who the hell has even heard of Quentin or Ash, Tapp is another rando from SAW, Nancy and Steve aren't even the main characters, and Cheryl is like the tenth in line of Silent Hill survivors.

I'd love to see Annette or Piers, or even Ada. The former two both die, so it won't be a lore issue (which many took issue with in Halloween), and they're both deep and unseen archetypes.

Of course, that's all dependent on us getting a RE chapter, which may not be anytime soon. But who knows, the world of brand marketing and licensing is about as complicated as the universe itself.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

The main RE cast are too good to be a survivor in this game.. the idea of Jill looping a killer around a pallet seems a bit sad..

I'd rather they use the Outbreak characters like Kevin, Cindy, Mark, Alyssa - they fit the DBD survivor profile well.

Or, sub characters like Billy, Richard, Steve

• menda
    menda Member Posts: 1

Maybe they should go for non-horror characters? I would love to see Max Rockatansky in dbd. He's the ultimate survivor

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

Jill looping a killer would be nowhere near as absurd as Bill or Ash looping a killer. So I say who cares? DBD is the horror hall of fame and doesn't have to make sense, like Smash is for video games.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

In the Leatherface remake,his new name was Jethro Sawyer,originally his name is Bubba Sawyer.The anniversary is to promote the upcoming newer Resident Evil things,but it also proposed as a commemoration for their series.An original character from the series seems very likely weather you're a new fan ,you should be able to admire where the roots of Resident Evil started,really no matter what character makes the roaster, not saying you can't have you're own person pick ,but to show 25 year's of Resident Evil you must show and commemorate the beginning.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I am watching a let’s play if Resident Evil HD and with that in mind i can see Jill just doing that. Especially if she doesn’t have access to any weapons..

also other chars already in DbD are on the same boat, as has been stated before

• Pirscher

It wouldnt be absurd but rather an insult and belittleing to Jill. Shes tough, well trained, been in many games of a high quality. She is an A grade character.

Bill and Ash are B grades. They fit as survivors in DBD.

Bill is a one hit wonder and Ash is that guy from that early 80s movie with the rapey tree.. B grades

@Okapi

• Jarol

I hope so, I look forward to seeing the murderer of the crystal lake enter the kingdom of the entity and above all that it was on a fifth anniversary, as if to enjoy it. Hopefully the lawsuit ends in these 2 months.

• Pirscher
    edited January 2021

Yeah 1998 Jill (new, unexperienced) would definitely meet the dbd survivor category..

But she expanded a lot after that in the other games..

@Mooks

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Personally I think the T-Rex from Dino Crisis 2 would be a great fit. Players are always complaining about how they can't get across the map in time on some maps, just make a giant killer who can reach the other side in a couple steps! Easy win

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

lol Ash has a ton of combat experience. He's no slouch. The whole point of the Evil Dead story is that Ash, being an average idiot, became the chose one. Earth's protector against the demonic hordes.

• ShamelessPigMain

Capcom isn't making money from RE1-5, that's the issue. It's gonna take a lot of negotiation to decide who gets ported over.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Whoa calm down buddy, why would you put anything but the classic's the newer games haven't even existed for a decade yet to be considered classic's. Resident Evil 7 has the potential to become a classic Re7 and horror game, but it's a little dicey and I'll save that for another time.

I'm not sure if you played any of the classic Re's but I think you should give them a chance play Remake,and the original Re2 and 3.Which are still the most popular one's ,by most demands people to this day still either speedrun the Originals and play them,just from viewers choice.

• ShamelessPigMain

Because, as I've said before, Capcom wants to promote their new game with their new characters. Nobody is buying RE1, but people are going to buy RE8. On the other hand, BHVR would want to introduce the classic characters, as they have the most recognizable brands.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

I’ll never get this. Even it they’re tough and well trained, this is the Entity’s realm.

It’s an omnipotent being that throws many killers and survivors in it’s world. It bends it to it’s rules so it can feed off them.

It’s funny because you can see that you like Jill, but on the other hand would consider it demeaning if she were to be added.

And it’s not.

I’m 99% sure they’ll add her or Leon or Claire ... Someone well known. And I’m fine with it. DbD is like Smash or Infinity War of horror so no need to look that much into it anyway.

• Vompo
    Vompo Member Posts: 42

Its actually Bioshock chapter and the killer is big daddy.

• Vompo
    Vompo Member Posts: 42

Think of the possibilities you could do with it. And a underwater city rupture as a map oh and the perks my goodness