Hidden Hatches

Options

What maps do you think hatches are the most hidden on?

I've had the worst experiences on Swamp maps.

One time I was the last survivor and a Trapper picked me up and began looking for the hatch. After 5-10 minutes he decided to let me go so we could split up and both look.

After another 10 minutes it was too much, he found me and hooked me, game over.

We looked EVERYWHERE more than once, it was totally insane.

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Swamp by far, although I once spend 10 minutes looking for a hatch on Haddonfield (It ended up spawning on the back porch of a blocked house).

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Swamp feels like it can spawn in every inch of the map

Badham is pretty set in stone though

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

The hatch almost always spawns inside the main building on Grim Pantry, just a little tip if you weren't referring to The Pale Rose.

Anyways, I've always found the most trouble finding hatch on maps like Mothers Dwelling & Rotten Fields since those maps are pretty darn big and can spawn literally anywhere.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

I've had hatch spawn outside of the map on swamp maps. Perhaps that's what happened

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

Ughhh I hate that man! Sucks when you try to be nice and let the last person escape but you can't find the f***ing hatch lol. If there are a couple gens left I'll try and lead them to those instead if we can't quickly find hatch but if it's a massacre where I 3Ked with 4 or 5 gens left, sometimes I've just had to hook the last person because being nice was wasting too much time lol.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Maybe not the most hidden, but I can never find the hatch on Crotus Asylum

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

If that’s true then one of you should have at least been able to hear it. Leads me to believe that the hatch glitched so that it either never spawned or didn’t recognize that there was only one person left and therefore didn’t open.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Any map with a lot of brush is bad for locating the hatch before it opens, but the worst I’ve had was on The Game because the lower floor is extremely dark. I literally had go by ears to find it once because I could barely make it out even when I was standing right on top of it!

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127
    Options

The Thompson House. I have tried so hard to find it only to die because I could hear it but not see it. I also have the killer chasing me at that point so it's even harder to find. I've had it happen maybe three or four times and it sounds like I'm right by it but I can't see it xD;

I've had Killers try to give me hatch only for us to be looking for a long time because we can't find it. I find it so nice when Killers do this. I feel like a huge inconvenience to them at that point xD;

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

I had a similar experience on I believe Blood Lodge/Azarovs. Once when I was the killer and once as a survivor. Both times we just could not for the life of us find the map. Eventually I got hooked and then the next time I let the survivor open the gate. Still to this day am confused about where the hatch spawned.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

The Swamp and Red Forest maps are ones where I can never find the hatch.