Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to convince survivors to farm?

I bring BPS and try memeing but they push gens and start EGC leaving no time to farm.

Bit awkward when I can't finish a daily or archive in one game cause they go hyper efficient.

What trial and error techniques work for others?

Comments

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

It's a gamble. They'll either want to farm, or they'll want to do gens as fast as possible. Either way, don't talk about it here. You're not supposed to farm.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Are we not allowed to talk about it? I'll fully admit I've farmed plenty of times, whether for an Archive challenge or just for straight up shits n giggles. Memeing is more fun than playing sometimes!

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Step one play pig

Step two let them boop

Step three it's always a gamble so please don't let it get to you but playing chill not going against any survivor rules.

I wish you luck normally when I see streamers as a surviour I try for the most I can get in a match and always respect the killer with a gift if they farm normally dieing by spider god.

Good luck have fun may the Oink be with you.

🐷💖

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
  • Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I think farming is fine if everybody wants to do it and clearly shows that.

Now if you're working with a specific person only to sabotage the rest of their team (or the other way around), that is when I think it is the appropriate time to report somebody for farming.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

A lot of people just want to play the game normally.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

It's hit/miss if survivors will farm. Many have been burned in previous matches by killers pretending to farm only to slaughter them. If you do farm you gotta do it with everyone and can't force/punish survivor if they decide to do gens while others are off running around with you. Forcing farming is what is reportable.

To get survivors to farm I usually spin in circles, stand hitting pallet, hit gen, teabag as Ghostface, step in own traps... Pretty much anything non-threatening. Sometimes survivors catch on and we farm BP and challenges, other times they rush gens and leave.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Like everyone else said it's a gamble. If your doing it for archive challenges make it known asap.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Personally as survivor I always evade farming as much as I can. No matter if all other 3 survivors and killer are farming, I'll just push gens and leave as there's almost notning as boring as farming for me.

I wanna play normal match so unless it's an event (only time where I slightly include myself in it) I will do my best to leave such a boring game.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

Some people like me just want to play the game, farming is extremely boring in my eyes. If you want to farm then that’s your choice but if the others don’t then there’s nothing you can really do.

There’s times where survivor queues take a long time, then being thrown into a game where the killer isn’t actually playing sucks.

• Ribbles
    Ribbles Member Posts: 115

M1ing a generator or pallet is the farm signal.... shhhhh

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224

Farming is a waste of time and it's insanely boring. You can get 25-30k from playing normally on killer or get 32k in a farm game that will take at least 5 minutes longer. It's not a time-efficient way of getting BP. I don't understand the logic behind farming. You can often play two games in the time it takes to play one farm game.

Also, if I wait 5 minutes for a game on survivor only to find that it's a farm game, it'll be a very quick game for me. I'm not farming.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I beat them into submission and let them get back up. Stockholm syndrome kicks in real quick.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

Farming is not something we wish to promote.

You will also find a lot of survivors don't want to farm, people queue up to play the game normally and it can be incredibly annoying when the killer just wants to farm, it's an entire waste of a game. So I normally complete the gens and get out of that game as fast as possible so that I can get onto a proper game.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

If you have a challenge worth 60k bloodpoints plus get 30k (×2 with bbq) for the farm match it can totally be worth it, especially if in regular play it will take a lot of matches to get done. I will often switch to farm mode when i keep getting matches where i get screwed by matchmaking, id rather get 90k in a 30 min farming match than 3-4, 10-12k, 8-10 min matches. Once im in farm mode if you dont wanna farm thats fine but theres a chance depending on my mood and how good i think you are i will corner up and wait out the match especially if you stop me from getting my first hook when you have 2 or more gens done, no matter how much you click your flashlights at me.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Easier way to get them to far is either:

Play pig/wraith and spam roars/bing bong.

Play trapper, down one, place a trap near them and step on it multiple times.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Farmings okay if everyone wants to do it but if someone wants to leave and move on just let them. You can still farm with the rest that want to but some people can't stand farming, so either just leave them alone to do gens and get out or let them suicide on hook to leave ASAP if they want to.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

Piggy is the best for farming, survivors will rush to you in order to boop your snoot.

Just don't force anyone to farm. Not everyone likes it.

Don't try it on weekend nights. All the tryhards are out and have no intention of playing nice.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

You'll probably have more luck with a swf, when one knows you want to farm they all will. Also it's better to start it off by downing one then dropping them till they wiggle off so they don't think you're just trying to trick them.

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173
    edited January 2021

People be like farming is boring but it can be fun when you can meme with the killer. I'll farm with a killer because I be getting recked constantly by toxic killers. If they're on the same platform try sending them a message.

• kingcarl2012

Just out of curiousity how would one force survivors to farm, i mean either they wanna farm and play along or they dont and they go do gens. Forcing them to farm would just be standard gameplay.

• Huge_Bush

If a survivor points at a hook, it means they either want to give you points or want to get killed to move on to the next match. So either way, down and hook them.

Preventing them from doing gens and not hooking them, while you farm with the others can be considered griefing. Devs aren't very clear on what they consider griefing so its best to be safe than sorry. Don't keep pulling them off of the gen and letting them wiggle out in order to prevent them from progressing the match either.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2021

Earn their trust, form a mutual relationship, and then brutally break their hearts in the end.

• kingcarl2012

Ok i will give you the first one i hadnt thought of that,the 2nd one however they are letting you farm grabs if they didnt want to get grabbed, they wouldnt work on the gen in your face, theyd find another one.

• Huge_Bush

You can tell if they're letting you farm grabs or if they want to leave. If they want to leave, they would run from you after the first time you let them wiggle out.