Do you ever dodge a lobby as survivor?

Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I see a lot of threads about killers dodging lobbies for this or that reason, but as survivor, when you look at your team, does anything make you dodge that lobby? If yes, what is it?

I usually dodge team mates with keys (they're more than likely going to leave you behind).

I also dodge blendettes (claudette with all dark clothing) or default megs, neas, and bills.

Comments

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124

High ping lobbies, obviously.

Certain countries, occasionally.

Full console lobbies, occasionally.

Obnoxious usernames, occasionally.

SWFs with abusive names as a message, regulary.

Players i already met before and they were useless and/or toxic, always.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

All these people shunning key users, it could be a broken key, like, you'd rather sandbag a possibly innocent person than actually play the game?

I use broken keys to grab attention because I need practice, I get if I brought the key to get an early free escape, but people need to stop taking stuff at face value ://

@ The Topic

I dodge lobbies with two or more matching names or incredibly bad/toxic survivors I've met before, or people with offensive names

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

I use OoO as well but more often than not its playing the game of ignore the object and tunnel everyone else to spite them, consistently, I find the fake key adds stakes to them ignoring me, though they aren't aware its fake

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Awww, so wholesome. I'm sure you would've played just fine with them :D

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

If there's more than one Meg I will.

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

Bless you Ghoste:), honestly the reason I got so intimidated was because this was around when cross play just came out. And I knew Legacy players were no joke. I have a habit of crumbling under pressure.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

If I'm red ranks and I load into a lobby with 3 free default characters yes I do.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Haha I've been there man. I used to dodge Legacy just like you. But keep on playing and it won't be long before other players will fear you just as you feared Legacy!

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

yes i do. If i see a survivor with 100 to 300 hs i looby dodge because im a rank 1 survivor and most lilkely gonna get paired with a rank 1 killer with lots of hours when im plauying solo so yes i do. if im thinking the other 3 are 3 man SWF i may lobby dodge aswell because usually 3 man just use the solo as bait and let him die.

• ImHexyAndINoed

The entity in human form sabotaging the game?? That explains the Urban Evasion Nea players I come across haha.

A way that I stopped myself from being intimidated by my own team was by running a support build with For The People! This allowed me to support the team and if used correctly can actually aid your team heavily and help them win. That's how I conquered my fear.

As for crumbling under pressure in stuff like chases, still happens to me a fair bit😅 but we'll both get there!

• ImHexyAndINoed

You're right! I beat my fear when I stopped dodging challenges not just as survivor but Killer too. I'm not sure if I'm good enough to be feared yet but hey with enough practice we can all get there!

I appreciate the motivation friend:)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,180

Yup. I'll definitely dodge if queues are reasonable and I get a bad feeling about my teammates. Few things tilt me more than omega immersion, so I try to avoid that.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited January 2021

Only if the killer wanted to farm thankfully they often tell the survivors giving enough time to dodge

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I've seen survivors dodge lobbies like crazy. Even after dedicated servers hid who killers are from MLGA. Green pings too.

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124

LOL ... Dodge a lobby as a survivor. That's a good one considering how long it can take to actually get into a match the past year.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Never, I am not waiting another 7 minutes for a lobby.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

I have dodged lobbies when I recognize gamer tags of players that worked with killer in past games or were terrible teammate.

Most times if I leave a lobby it's because glitch where I loaded into the lobby but my swf teammate for some reason didn't. Sometimes it's because I was going to play solo but swf teammate hopped on so I leave to play with him.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,149
    edited January 2021

I dodge lobbies a good amount, yea. The biggest standout for me is cosmetics. If I see a plain jane Claudette in my lobby, especially with no charms, no items being brought into the match, yea I'm leaving. Been let down too many times by default cosmetic players w/ no charms, particularly Claudettes who turn out to be r10s or lower who just stealth around the entire match. I solo que entirely so making sure everyone pulls their weight or will, is important to me.

Platform is a big one too, but I can rule that out if the people are rocking cosmetics/charms that seem to indicate they play the game a decent amount.

But yea, the biggest standout for me is definitely cosmetics. I mean what else is there to go on? You get a gut feeling that this game won't go well and you leave for another lobby?

The only other time I've left a lobby b/c of survivors is because I'd recognize a guy I played with previously a day or two ago that killed themselves on first hook or d/c'd and ruined the match for everyone else. The last 2 times this has happened were b/c of TTV players, lol.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I tend to dodge .ttv names, especially if they are streaming live because the Killer can snipestream and that makes for a not very fun game.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,234

Nah, I've reached my limit. I'll never get better, but I am okay with that. I will sacrifice myself to rescue someone who I know was a good team player and looped the killer well. I figure if anyone deserves to die it should be me.

Surprisingly, when I apologize to people in endgame chat, most are nice and actually give me compliments! Apparently, for most good players, they're just happy that I'm a mobile bush who works on gens, does totems and takes aggro when I need to. There are those who curse me, but I just pretend that they just stepped on a lego and ignore them.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I don't dodge lobbies as Survivor unless someone is being just an absolute ape in pre-game chat- but I've never had any sort of problems that are any where close to some of the post game chat toxicity, so I haven't intentionally dodged lobbies.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

Only if they misbehave in pregame-Chat. I dont want to play with idiots if I can avoid it.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I must admit that I avoid them a lot as a Survivor, I feel insecure that my team will do nonsense with the killer.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

If you have a screwed up name, particularly one that is gross or laced with profanity, I'm out.

I can't even give you examples of the ones I saw last night. They will probably trip a censor or get me a warning.

But yeah, I'm out when I see those. If you do that, you are not funny or cute and I don't want to play with you.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I am from germany, and i had people with names of well known nazis or rank names of the Waffen-SS and stuff like that. Yes, i dont play with such people.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

When I am playing solo, I will dodge a key if I feel like the group is SWF or even a duo. It is not uncommon for those types to leave solo randoms behind.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Same dodge keys if paired with multiple p3 claudettes because you know they are just in a bush all match till hatch appears.

Also a full team of default megs, I'm sorry but I have to much PTSD from having them in matches so a full team is just to much lol.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited January 2021

I don't dodge. Only dipshits dodge.

I don't even look at the lobby most of the time. I just leave the game on looking for a game while I go and eat something, mix some coffee or tea, or shitpost here on the forums. As either killer or survivor.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I won’t lobby dodge as survivor considering how long it takes to get into one, but I’ll seriously consider it if two or more others have virtually the same user names.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'd rather be a dipshit than getting left behind by someone using a key :)

• tottelimotta
    tottelimotta Member Posts: 11

I usually dodge lobbies with 3 of the same survivor, too many guys or squads full of flashlights

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

Considering the queue times are atrocious, I just alt tab and do stuff while the game loads. I never dodge lobby as survivor.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,122

I dodge Blendettes and bad pings.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

when queues were under 5 minutes and before mori were removed, if I had too many lobbies that were pc in a night I'd start skipping them lol.

• SocialDistomancy

and this sounds like a good idea if I were willing to wait pushing 10 minutes when not more for a match still

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,953

racism in lobby chat? dodge

asking me to hurry up? most likely a noob, dodge

3 keys? dodge

name implying they might throw? dodge

name implying they like to bully? dodge

asking everyone to do x in chat? dodge

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I usually dodge if it feels like there's going to be a killer in the match. I'm there to win and I don't need someone trying to throw me on a hook.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited January 2021

to quote Clerks 2 from a certain scene, "you can't taste racism". if I know they'll carry me I'll still play. beats dudes dancing around the killer and being only able to get 2 or 3 gens before it's hatch time or they run the killer to me then watch me get camped. Once I started playing only survivor I noticed I started complaining a lot more ironically.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

I dodge killer mains because they're worse than r20 claudettes self caring in a corner

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

If I'm matched with players that farm me off the hook until I'm dead then heck yes. I will never forget the names of those players in particular.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

If I end up on a server where I have really high latency I'll probably dodge just like with killer.

Besides that, can't say I can remember doing so. I would if I ran into someone I recently saw either blatantly intentionally sandbag or straight up cheat, but I haven't had that happen yet. If someone "trolls" from the start of the game I'll assume they might do it again, and I have no interest in being in a match with a cheater if I can help it.

And by cheater I mean undeniable obvious stuff like speedhacks, godmode or instantly walking through the gate at the start of the match, that sorta thing. Which in itself is something I see very very rarely.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

Not yet.