If you were the devs, what would you do first?

Options
Karao_Ke
Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

Woo-hoo! You magically get hired as the entire dev team for the day & get to make your own changes to the game.

What would you do first? Would you change a perk, remove a killer, rework a map? You only got 1 day, so get to it!

(I would personally remove Spirit lol)

Edit: I'd add in shirtless Myers too. Yall can thank me later.

Post edited by Karao_Ke on

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Options
  • Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

Remove tunneling and camping of all forms from the game to test which side would quit first. The survivors or killers?

I've been wondering why the devs won't do something more concrete about them. Then I realized that there would be 0 risk in the game for survivors for most of the match. No more risky hook saves, no more worrying at all if you've been recently saved, no use worrying about strategy cuz it's optimal to unhook asap. The only thing to do is just sit on a gen until it's your turn to be chased again. The game would be mind numbingly more boring for both sides but definitely less frustrating for survivors.

• Karao_Ke
    Options

Her biggest problem is that she has little to no indication about her phasing during chase. A lot of people including myself find this annoying because playing against her is just one big guessing game.

It doesn't help that I play against her almost every single game either.

• Cnich65
    Cnich65 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Oh also straight up remove tier 1 for perks. The amount of grind this would remove my God, it would be so noticeable.

• Karao_Ke
    Options
  • Alphonse
    Alphonse Member Posts: 146
    edited January 2021
    Options

custom graphics option : resolution , textures , shadow etc , and fix the fps problem..

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Alright, well how about we fix the issues she has instead of removing her. I love her to death and I understand that her gameplay has issues that need to be addressed. I get that you're just joking about removing her but I'm serious when I say I'd go through depression if she was removed. My life sucks atm and Spirit is one of the only few things that's actually keeping me happy right now.

• Karao_Ke
    Options

Yeah I didnt actually mean it. Do you remember the bug where you could hear her go past you when phasing? All they need to do is implement that and ta-daa, she's fixed.

Also I want to say I'm sorry life hasn't been treating you the best. This pandemic sure as hell hasn't helped.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I would remove bloodpoint cap. Then made bloodpoints earn multiplied by 4 to reduce grind.

Then I would add a fow slider and brightness settings.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Yeah, I remember that bug. I wish they would’ve kept it in because it was awesome playing my killer without having to feel bad.

Also, thank you for understanding. I’m sorry if I came across as defensive. I don’t mean to lash out my frustrations on others, so my apologies. <3

• Karao_Ke
    Options

I'd give you some serious props if you were able to collect all that data in a single day.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Lol, maybe change one perk. That most likely will have to get changed back because I overtuned it or created 7 bugs while doing so

There really isn't much you can do in a day. Especially if you have zero experience in the field. People really don't realise that it's quite a bit of work to make these kind of changes.

On a less serious note, change the hatch spawn mechanics. Make it only spawn if there is one survivor left or if all generators get done

• Karao_Ke
    Options

All you'll need is lots of coffee & wikihow articles to help you out.

Leave the real devs to deal with the mess you've created the next day lol

• Karao_Ke
    Options

Well, I did state that you only had one day.

Nonetheless though I really like the NOED idea.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

See if i could copy over the general concept of exhaustion, rename the new one "Second chance" and apply it to DT UB Deliverance and BT, and give it a permanent cool down so you can only use one of those perks per match, then make sure exhaustion addons ect don't effect it, and add the tool tips to the reworked second chance perks

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

Replace every survivor's head with a chicken head, and replace the sounds with chicken noises.

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96
    Options

Perk overhaul

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Goodbye Hag. Though I'll be keeping her perks.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

Begin patching the game like my life depended on it and begin working on a new game mode.

• Karao_Ke
    edited January 2021
    Options

A limited time gamemode every now n then would be amazing. Can I ask what you have in mind?

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

I just did a match with pig, and i didn't realise that they can escape through the gate with a mask on? when did that change lol

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173
    Options

i would delete breakable walls and add a noise for deathslinger when he starts aiming.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

I would create a think tank of experienced players that would give me weekly feedback about balance and bugs with some kind of compensation like 1k shards for every detailed feedback.

I would rework a lot of perks since it doesn't require a lot of effort to just change some raw values and you could buff every single perk in 1 single day.

I would do weekly stream qna to assure my customers

I would hire highly skilled programmers to fix all the stuff that needs fixing

I would try to make the game more popular with the help of sponsors

I would stop with the usual sarcasm till i am sure that my customers are satisfied

And on a side note i wouldn't put the blame on one of my colleagues for being human and getting annoyed after being asked a thousand times the same question

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

Region locked matchmaking.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

For a limited event game mode, I'd make something for the Hallowed Blight. Where gens are replaced with pustular flowers that they collect the nectar from and deposit at the exit gates to eventually power them, while the killer can destroy the nectar or collect it for themselves to gain buffs, all while the flowers slowly refill with nectar over time.

For a permanent game mode, 1 survivor is randomly chosen as the "hope bearer" and must stay alive for X amount of time to power the gates. When the hope bearer gets downed, they are automatically hooked on a unique "entity hook" that they cannot be traditionally saved from, and several gens will spawn in the map that will free hooked survivor and will cause someone else to become the hope bearer. For as long as the hope bearer is hooked, an extended version of the end game collapse will count down and retain it's progress between hooks.

Obviously there would be way more detail should either of them be implemented than what I have just described, but tell me what you think from the overview.

• Sacre
    Sacre Member Posts: 38
    Options

Focus on optimisation.

After all, no point in buffing and nerfing everything if the constant framedrops mean the game is unplayable.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Fix all bugs.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options

Revert the Gearhead nerf

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

He has a noise, its a loud "eeeeeeeeee" noise and its global

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I'd work my ass off. If I'm there for 24 for hours, I'm gonna use ALL of those hours.

1. Get rid of perk tiers, and reduce the price of things in the bloodweb.
    2. Give buffs and QoL improvements to killers that need them.
    3. Nerf some of the maps. (Haddonfield, Mothers Dwelling)
    4. Finally nerf Ds.
    5. Add that trial warmup thing the devs said they were working on.
    6. Give out X amount of auric cells as an apology to the community for waiting so long to do these things.
  • GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698
    Options

Make new options for KYF, we need gamemodes, or atleast an option to put more survivors/killers in a match

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331
    Options

Revisit the spaghetti code

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

This was changed in patch 2.7.0

Traps only activate once a gen is done so if one is put on after the last gen is completed it will no longer activate and they can escape through the gates with it on.

Anytime you close the hatch the egc starts, this does not finish the gens but blocks them so that also won't activate any traps allowing them to escape through the gates.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options
    1. Buff Wraith's movement speed while cloaked and nerf the Windstorm addons slightly to keep them at the same power level.
    2. Allow Trapper to carry 2 traps by default.
    3. Make Legion and Jeff free.
    4. Look into buffing some of the really bad perks in the Killer base set and some of the teachables from free killers.

1-3 I should be able to do in less than a day. 4 I probably wouldn't manage to finish.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

Massive balance patch/bug fixes which sadly or not sadly lol means alot of survivors nerfs incoming as i would adopt the stance of balancing the game based off high levels like every other competive pvp game does.

Then look on improving communications between dev team and consumer base maybe do a special livestream where me and another dev team member are in the stream taking questions from the chat.

regarding the balance patch i would focus on perks first before killers as killers will take a bit longer so killers will stay as are for the time being

then after all that maybe a cup of tea lol

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

Fix the bugs and make the game finally playable

• Karao_Ke
    Options

I love both ideas! I will say though, I would be really stressed out if I was the hope bearer. Your team is relying on you a bunch & if you go down, you rely on them (which can be very bad when playing with randoms).

It might be difficult for any other killer that isn't Doc though, because I'd imagine the hope bearer would just hide the entire time so they stay alive. I know I would lol

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Adjust nearly all perks, addons and offerings

and clean up survivor bloodweb