The one reason that survivors don't mind nurse being that strong

Straight to the point, it's the grind. Nurse players spend hundreds of hours mastering nurse, ######### game after ######### game. And then when they get the hang of her, the grind pays off, because they become close to unstoppable. And that's why I think survivors don't actually mind that nurse is that strong, it's because they know the pain of learning nurse. So they know that if they get downed vs a nurse is mostly because the nurse knows her #########, or they ######### up. I really love the acknowledgement.

But, that's my opinion. And I think it counters the "survivors are annoyed if a killer can't be looped like an m1 killer"

But please tell me if you agree, or if I'm an idiot and every survivor main despises this God of a killer.

Comments

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406
    edited January 2021

I doubt it. Most people didnt even try nurse. They dont complain bc they almost never play against good nurses. For them a nurse means an easy game.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

True, even when up against a really good nurse, most players won't really complain since good nurse players are few and far between.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I don't mind playing against nurse because its satisfying outplaying one who is skilled and I have a chance against.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

As a person who plays nurse maybe once in 2-3 months if I bother to actually do a nurse daily, I can say that nurse is ridiculously easy to play and most of these matches end in a 3k.

You don't need muscle memory, you don't need add-ons, you just need a moment to adjust and blinking gets pretty easy.

However survivors you go against have played against the nurse possibly hundreds of times and faced actual nurse mains, they know where the nurse can blink with ease and where she gets stuck in a rock, you might not if you don't play survivor much.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Agreed even if the devs fixed Nurse's bugs you wouldn't see much more Nurses. Heck I've been putting in good hours and I still barely touch her.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Hmm, for me it's bc to find a very, and I mean VERY, good nurse, the solar system needs to align.

Jokes aside, the grind to be an unstoppable nurse is steep enough to make them infrequent.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I mean I find her boring but I admire the people willing to play her instead of spirit or freddy

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I don’t think many survivor players know what it’s like to learn nurse..

also after learning nurse (to the point where I got all Nurse related achievements, 3 blink grab farmed) she is not THAT hard to learn any way. And I am playing on controller.

• SheKIndaSucks
    SheKIndaSucks Member Posts: 46

What strange world do you live in where this is true? I routinely get berated and yelled at for winning games as nurse.

Though to be fair, I also had a Nea tell me in great detail that nurse is unfair and unbalanced, and I should play a killer that requires skill like...

....spirit.

Fairly sure she was on crack though. Mountains and mountains of crack.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Survivors dont mind nurse being that strong because spirit is even stronger and requires 1/100 of skills

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Let me guess, she ran at least 2 out of Dead Hard, Unbreakable and Decisive Strike, too?

• SheKIndaSucks
    SheKIndaSucks Member Posts: 46

I can't remember her perks, just than she ran in straight lines and didn't attempt a single mindgame. What made it weirder is that she was rank 2.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

I would agree with this a little, I guess. The main reason people don't hate facing nurse is that you rarely face an incredibly good nurse. If you think you've faced one, maybe you have, but most likely you haven't. If you want to see some really good nurse play, SupaAlf is pretty consistent on YT/Twitch, and KnightLight isn't that consistent. but he is absurdly good as well.

• JPA

I've been watching SupaAlf, at his level I'd love to see how fun the games are for survivors. On some builds he can literally 4k in under 2 minutes.

It's almost like a bell curve graph with nurse skill level on the bottom axis and the enjoyment on the left axis. The enjoyment is pretty low for survivors when the nurse has no skill because the game will probably be an easy 4 escape also with no healing and poor medals across the board. As a nurse gets competent and can apply pressure, the game becomes super intense and it's a real battle of juking and pulling off risky saves. But then as a nurse ascends to God status the game basically becomes unwinnable.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

I can actually answer this. Laugh all you want, but I've played competitive Dbd from time to time, and I was able to scrim against him. This means he was doing everything he could do to win. Double recharge addons, strong build, camping/tunnelling when necessary. We got a few gens done, but it was incredibly difficult (partly due to NA/EU ping). We got a few gens done, but he did kill us. You feel pretty helpless against a nurse of this calibur even if you are a high level player. It's really just about buying every second you can for your team and having the killer chase you away from gens.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Yep and I'm not talking about last year, nobody talks about last year

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

They don't complain because there are almost no good Nurses out there. And also, not many people play her because they don't want to learn her. They don't want to go trough this phase.

I bet you if every second Survivor Game would be against a good Nurse, people would 100% complain even after her nerf. Killers adapted to nerfed Nurse and her cooldown, bad Survivors don't adapt to anything so they have to complain instead.

• JPA

Yeah I can imagine, and must be 10x painful when facing him in Solo Q XD

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

It’s not even because it’s hard to learn her anymore. It’s the fact that it can be a slog to play her period. It’s so fun to sit through a long fatigue and then still have to wait for your power to recharge. On top of that you can have to sit through both for no reason because many maps have dead-zones and Nurse is still riddled with match throwing bugs.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

100%

The same thing happened when they nerfed her shortly after release.

"Only people who put in the time to learn her will do well. Every Nurse player before the change was trash."

A year ago the same thing was said. Enough people learned how to play her well that it became a problem and given enough time it will be said again under threat of more nerfs.

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

World record 4k with nurse looks like just under two minutes. Respect!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

How can anyone respect this?

It is based entirely on the skill level of the survivor side.

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

I can respect it because I've played Nurse and even if the survivors are potatoes you have to hit your blinks. Blinking across the map like that takes skill. That's all.