The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Need Nurse Tips!

Howdy-hi-dee-ho! Killer main here, looking for a change of pace! I've made up my mind to give nurse a proper try, as she has cool cosmetics, and is one of the most unique killers in the game! She's already level 40+ (as I leveled her for her teachables) and I have a few perks for her. I know shadowborn is one of her best perks, and im trying to find it in her bloodweb. Anyone have any other tips or must haves to help me get good?

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

Well, Nurse's Calling and BBQ are the best for her.

There is a common add-on (Plaid Flannel) that shows you where you'll blink, but I personally don't use it, because it is quite confusing, as it makes you concentrate more on that white spot than on survivors. (On the other hand, I've started playing her way back in v1.5.0, so there's that.) If you want a less punishing experience, go with add-ons that reduce Blink recharge time.

Other than that, practise makes perfect.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

A good tip during chases where the survivor is about to go around a wall and you’re going to lose line of sight blink to edge of the wall instead of blinking through because a lot of times the assumption will be wrong and the survivor just hugged the corner and can run back from where you came which gains them distance.

Blinking to the corner you can regain line of sight and either blink again if they kept running or if they hugged the wall you’ll likely get an easy hit.

Hopefully that made sense.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited January 2021

A bit dated but still has some good tips. The best way to learn Nurse is to simply play. Once you run into the few survivors that actually know how to play against a Nurse, that's when the learning begins.

One bit of advice I suggest is if you feel you can't land a hit then don't try. Missed hits and extra blinks add to your fatigue timer. If you can't land a hit it's better to wait for the recharge and try again.

As for perks. Anything that slows down the gens or helps you find survivors are good. My Nurse build usually consists of the following.

• A gen slow down perk. Could be Ruin, Corrupt Intervention or PGTW.
    • A tracking perk. BBQ is great and gives you more BP. My personal favorite is Whispers but that's just me. Once a chase begins it doesn't last long against most survivors. The issue is finding someone to chase.
    • MYC. One of my personal favorites on Nurse. Hook someone and leave. If you haven't found someone else by the time of the rescue, return to the hook. Try to find the person who made the save. They are exposed and it spreads out the damage. Technically it's not tunneling because your not going after the person who was unhooked :P

Besides those 3 the 4th is what I feel like running. There are quite a few that work with nurse. NC for seeing people healing. Franklin's demise for keys/toolboxes. Discordance for more tracking. Undying for hexes. Devour Hope. Blood Warden for those rare gotcha moments. I tried shadowborn and I didn't notice much of a difference. Though some killers wear by it. I never felt the need for NOED on Nurse. She can usually catch people before they get to the gates. I'm all ears can help you in a chase. Someone fast vaults a window and you can see where they went.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    edited January 2021

Been loving the spoon add on gives you stridor kinda helps with hear where to blink. Also they made her blink marker add on grey great learning tool to get used to her. Understanding the no blink zones or dead zones a must rest is just investing time.

I look forward to you learning and stick with her she's still a force of pure choas once you master her.

Have fun 🐷❤️

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

The most important thing to know when playing nurse:

Use the first blink to get close to a survivor, and the second to get close enough for a hit. The rest is mechanical skill and actual direction of your blinks at different tiles that you kind of have to learn over time.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

First, practice your blinks.

Second, when in chase use the first blink to get close to a survivor but pinpoint it to a section that is on a point that has two perpendicular lines in clear view next to the obstruction. That is because skilled survivors who know how to counter nurse will use LOS obstructions to juke and confuse your aim. By going to a perpendicular LOS point you see where they are going so your next blink can hit them.

Third, most important, keep calm and don't get frustrated when you miss a blink. I see a lot of nurse players out there even at red ranks self destruct when I dodge them once or twice. Then they miss a hell of a lot more after that even with just easy jukes and evasions. Don't lose your cool.