Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If a Killer disconnects...

...it's because of you. You are the problem. You are the reason the state of gameplay is what it is. It's all fun and games until there is nobody left to play Killer. Don't forget.

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I'm being completely honest here. In my games as survivor the killer has only DC'd when they're playing really weak killers and just can't catch up; clown, bubba, trapper, etc. In all my games I don't think I've seen a single nurse or spirit DC unless they we're literally rank 20 and just started the game or something.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Honestly people need to stop playing the victim. Survivors aren’t any more the problem than the killers are. Neither side owes the other one anything. Don’t like keys? Hate moris and insta-downs? Suck it up, buttercup. They’re legal. They’re going to be used.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873
    edited January 2021

I get stunned at a pallet and tbagged by an entire team so then I say ######### it and slug for the 4K when I’m usually very chill then get called a piece of ######### etc. There’s so winning so just keep on keeping on and try to have some fun. Don’t be afraid to take breaks too.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Remember, the killer can't even be responsible for pressing escape and going over to the "Leave game" button, because it always makes me feel better to have someone else to blame.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

No.. the killer who's crying on the forums and DCing over a pallet stun and a T bag is the problem, nothing in this game is toxic except the endgame chat and the insults, people are way too soft it's not like the survivors can hold the killer down and physically sack to mouth them.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

Absolutely agree. I'll take a ban and keep my sanity rather than get pissed off at some rude gameplay from immature people. I have plenty of other games to play and I didn't wait 10-20mins for a match like the survivors did.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
  • SilentPill

Sorry in actually good at the game. Keep quitting and playing by the survivor rule book while you do it

• SilentPill

Sorry, I’m not some baby loser who DCs when things don’t go my way.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Ummm no. (These are my experience.)

1.) A survivor 'ran them for too long'. Look, I'm not a great looper by any stretch of the imagination. I have some games where I do well and most that.... well I don't. But the killer DCs early on because 2 gens popped while they were chasing 1 surv the entire time. Not to mention that how long a chase is engaged is entirely in the killer's control.

2.) They tried to play sly with slugging, maybe it was a challenge/daily, but ended up with all survivors back up and no hooks.

3.) 1 or 2 Gens popped before they got the first hook.

4.) End game came about and their NOED got cleansed with only one survivor down.

5.) Survivors got their Devour Hope totem.

6.) They tried to camp, but Deliverance, of all perks, came in clutch. Letting the surv on the hook escape and the other 2 use the other exit door because the killer was betting on them trying to rescue the other one.

It's not anyone's 'fault' but yours if you decide to yeet out of a game. The same goes for survivors who DC or die on first hook because their up against a killer/set up/teammates they don't want to deal with. it makes the game unfun for everyone at that point, but at least if 1 survivor DCs, everyone, including the Killer can still try to make the best of it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

So let me get this straight... if a killer dcs and I am playing survivor it is my fault? Oh. Ok.

I wonder if the same theory applies to survivors who dc. Oh no, cuz in that case they were just salty and got outplayed. Amirite?

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

"misery and frustration" over a videogame. I will continue to laugh at DCers, thanks.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

If a killer disconnects, it's solely his problem. Playing multiplayer game and expecting opponents to play dumb - this is a real hypocrisy. Either grow a backbone, or play something simpler. Animal crossing is a good choice.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347
  • TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

There are too many reasons. But you are partly right. While they cant fix everything they could atleast change some things which for the majority is unfun. But i have no idea how much work is it, what they tried etc. From my perspective i want many changes, but thats only my perspective.

But whatever it is that stops them doing this chances (Time, they dont want this changes, they dont care etc.) one thing remains. We dont need to play the game.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Yh everyone does that. But for everyone fun is something different. You cant change so many people. So when they make dbd no fun for someone, the best choice would be for they guy who has no fun to stop playing DbD.

How many will play DbD in 10 years anyway? How many will remember they played DbD in 20 years? DbD is not that important that anyone should stay when they have a chance to suffer through it.

• MissMayluna
    MissMayluna Member Posts: 9

Call me old fashioned, but I feel empathy when I see someone getting farmed right in front of me. I tend not to camp (it's generally uneffective anyways, and you as a killer should be pressuring other survivors instead of staring dead-eyed at one poor soul), but I've had survivors straight up run me TO the hook and unhook their friends right in front of me. I've also had a team bombard the hook like lemmings before, not letting me leave, or loop around the hooks.

I think most killer mains brush off some of the "survivor rulebook" because what they may claim as hooking, tunneling, or other such behavior is often claimed in circumstances where it did not apply, or where a killer literally can't help the situation. One example is again, the whole team immediately bombards the hook the second the person is on it. I'm not saying it's okay, but often times killers are ignored, bullied, or sometimes even ganged up on. As in entire SWF teams reporting someone who didn't do anything, just to get them banned for no reason.

Personally, I have my own personal honor code as a killer. This often bites me in the end, since many survivors will abuse this as "weakness", and will hassle a killer for being weak in their eyes instead of being a decent person. Which is why many killers are so bitter about it. It's a vicious cycle.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

More often than not when I get farmed from the hook, being a solo survivor who doesnt run DS, i just get hooked again. I've had team mates working with the killer, and the killer instead of killing them, they kill everyone else. Where was the empathy then?

I'm never toxic. Never click flashlight, never teabag and I play as fair as I can. Same as killer. I go out of my way to not tunnel and not camp.

I just find it odd how people are defending a killer dcing. That has nothing to do with empathy. I've had killers dcing without anyone being toxic. I've had survivors dcing on me, without me tunneling or camping.

But in this forums, I always see people complaining about survivors dcing. What if that survivor was being hard tunneled? Facecamped? Sandbagged by a team mate? They always get the same reply about the "rulebook". But when a killer dcs, people pity them. It's just a lot of double standards. I'll always show empathy to people who show it to me.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited January 2021

Darn. Guess I'm part of the problem because I'm a better player than the killer so they DC.

I should be ashamed of myself.