To the nice killers who...

Options
Huge_Bush
Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,106

Don't tunnel when you obviously can, doesn't camp or slug at 5 gens, who meme back when I meme to you, who plays to make my solo experience a little less miserable, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you! Especially you cute piggies who let me boop the snoot!

I know killers get a lot of flak, so I wanted to take the time to express my gratitude for you all! Players like you are what keep me playing this game and keep me willing to suffer through three forever Freddy matches in a row. Heck, I've even had the rare Freddy meme back at me and give me hatch. Don't think all survivors don't appreciate you making the game more difficult for yourselves, we do! Or at least, I do.

Here is a picture of cute kitty and its beans as payment!

Β«1

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I’m a nice Spirit main and it’s my pleasure to be fair to the lovely survivors that don’t insult me for playing my favorite killer :)

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Yea, I understand that, but even in matches where I am matched with a 3 man swf and the killer has to sweat, I've had several killers still stick to playing more fun and enjoyable unless someone was toxic.

I do wish the devs would take some risks with the core game play to make it easier for killers to go for 3 hooks for each survivor, because with how things are not, it's near impossible unless you play Spirit or Nurse or are a pro Billy or Oni.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Survivors who do that are generally unclean and are doing their best to use the tea to wash of the filth that accumulates in their groin.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314
    Options

Well, Maybe 2 out of 10 games I meme along or play nice. 8 out of 10 in my red rank games survivors are annoying and entitled. So I do everything to power up my fun and destroy theirs ;)

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

uwu

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I wish these matches were more common. Even if they kill me in the end, as long as we can sometimes mess around, I will be happy while getting stabbed.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    Options

Tbh I wouldn't even have mind if he would have mori'd me in the end. That game was just so much fun cause I messed around some with him before, like crouching infront of his totem without touching it (he didn't want me to touch his bone(r) 😏)

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

Sorry that some people have fun playing to win in a PvP game I guess.....? As a solo survivor player, my fun isn't more important than the killer's fun. If they want to play to win, slug, tunnel, etc, that is fine, because I will loop them and rush gens hard, aka, the survivor version of playing to win. Like, I can understand not wanting to be faced camped, because that is dumb, but this is a PvP game. If you really want more meme filled games, I would suggest finding like minded people to play KYF with. In most PvP games people play to win. DBD is actually the first PvP game that I have played in my almost 20 years of PC gaming where one side gets mad when other side plays to win.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I had a match were a Legion motioned for me to not struggle while I was on his shoulder. I ended up obeying and turned out he had Mad Grit and was just running around flailing his arm at the other survivors. It was so funny cause my teammates couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. He killed everyone and let me go, though I too would have been okay with dying.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

There would probably be more killers like that, except if you gives survivors an inch they will stretch it a mile.

You have survivors for example who, are in a basement and you are trapper at 5 gens, and they step in literally EVERY basement trap and you're going to just demolish them- so you take your traps and just let them get out and recover instead.... suddenly they turn the game around and laugh about how bad you are for messing that up, t-bag you, etc.... and you can't say anything like "I let you get out of the basement" because they are going to say like "lol sure buddy w/e you need to tell yourself" and antagonistic things like that.

They are going to still DS you, jump back in a locker, head on stun you and t-bag at a pallet.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

I understand. Good luck and I hope you have fun in game.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I have actually had this happen to me. I was Trapper with Bloody Coil and got three down there. I felt bad and let them reset. One of them t-bagged. I camped them when I got them on hook. They raged in chat but one of their teammates came to my defense.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    Options

I always let the last person escape as a congratulations for being last survivor.

• Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2021
    Options

Same here. The only reason I break this rule is either A) You were Teabagging and being a dick, or B) You deliberately farmed your teammates/unhooked directly in front of me with no intention of protecting them, therefore BARE THY NECK, THOU HAST EARNED THY PUNISHMENT.

Though in the latter scenario what I try to do is slug both, get the jerk on the hook, then deliberately pick the first survivor up and let them break free. F*CK YOU, COWBOY!

Side note to OP: The sentiment is greatly appreciated - I pride myself on trying to create an experience for survivors. I don't even care if I get a single sacrifice if they play along. My favorite activities are waiting around the corner for a survivor as Mirror Myers just to make them jump out of their chair, charging blindly around corners with blight in the hopes I can spook an unsuspecting survivor, packing unlimited tier 3 Myers just so I can chase survivors without hitting them, just using the THREAT of the instadown to create excitement.

What I usually get for my troubles is 3 gens popped 1:15 into the match, flashlight clicks, butt dancing in the end gate or finding me to 360 around me and teabag when I just accept they're not interested in my spookhouse and AFK. Naturally all followed by colorful language in the endgame chat.

I quit in 2017 over the toxicity and just overall non-fun approach to gameplay in 2017. Came back a week ago and had a few fun games, then the SWF matching started and I'm just....already so tired. Two days now I've logged in, queued up, and just thought.."Nah. Think I'll duolingo instead."

But the cat helps a bit. So thanks.

Post edited by Patiencehero on
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I'm probably one of the few killer mains with thousands of hours who lets survivors farm and escape. For some reason it doesn't bore me.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited January 2021
    Options

Oh my god, those little beans are so precious.

Now I have the sudden urge to go farm as a Demo doggo with survivors in hopes of seeing more beans in the future. Make it happen!

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

but IKiller...

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118
    Options

Thanks! I appreciate the idea that we're all playing a game together and we're all gonna try to have a fun time. As long as others keep things friendly and competitive I love it!

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I wouldn't be what you consider a horror fan and usually hate to get scared, but my goodnees, a Mirror Meyers is such a nice change in the game when I come across him. You're on your toes the whole match and just have a sense of impending doom. Even though I have no idea where he is, I end up crouch walking everywhere, knowing he can see me and nothing I do can prevent it. It's one of the few things that makes me feel like I'm experiencing DbD for the first time.

Bonus points if he is wearing the hospital gown. I may just walk to him just to try and get a peek under the robe.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Me too! I've never seen Victor be a dancey gremlin! I rarely face him, hopefully one day I can experience it!

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Here is a prepayment. You don't have to farm tho and you're more than welcome to eat toxic survivors!

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Nothing captures my heart more than survivors that meme. If the survivor memes, they are getting hatch.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

You're welcome! Im not nice enough to give hatch, but i never face camp and avoid tunnelling if i can help it

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

You do realize all of us need a weekly update on this beautiful kitty right? SHE. IS. SO. FREAKING. CUTE.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I would but I am kinda scared the mods would get annoyed and ban me for spamming my own thread. But the forums does need more cuteness!

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    edited January 2021
    Options

Unfortunately because we never know what group of survivors we might get, it seems common to expect the worst group of survivors, at least at the high ranks. It sometimes takes me a minute or two to assess which group I have - a sweaty SWF of 1s and 2s, or a mixed bag? The latter gives you more room for fun.

The problem is that it's acceptable to body block/flashlight blind/pallet drop with SWF/etc as a group or survivors to prevent a killer from getting a single hook. That's just "good play" and "killer needs to get better". But if you camp/tunnel or do anything as a killer to increase your hooks, then that's "poor play". Put another way, it's completely acceptable to embarrass a killer and make them have no fun, while the opposite is shamed.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I am not disparaging killers who don't play "nice". As I responded to someone else in this thread, I don't believe in telling others how to play. as long as they follow the Devs rules and don't hack the game, I have no problem with you going all out and doing what you need to do in order to win. I only made this thread for killers who do go out of their way and play in a manner that make the match more difficult for themselves in order to make it more enjoyable for their opponents.

I don't agree with survivors disparaging killers for camping and tunneling. Sure, it is frustrating when it happens to me, but it's not the killers fault that the devs won't change up the core mechanics of the game. I will also tunnel and camp if I have to or if I feel I got a sweaty bully swf. If they want to come in with two flashlights, a tool box to sabo and a key, thats all fine and dandy, I will camp from the start of the match because it's obvious they haven't considered my fun when they prepared their load outs.

Usually though, within the first 2-3 minutes, you can tell if you're facing a team of potatoes.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Thanks for the insanely cute Kittie :)

Love me some wholesome matches, itΒ΄s so good to keep the toxicity at bay. You seem like a real nice person btw!

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374
    Options

can we do this but its talking about survivors and its cute pictures of dogs

Also heres a cat too

• Ancille
    Ancille Member Posts: 37
    Options

I always always always give last person hatch unless they did some obviously toxic BS (sandbagging teammates mote than once (first might even been an accident) will get you tunneled out very very quickly though.

I'm a red rank survivor, and drift between red and purple on killer as I don't play it nearly as much. If I wouldn't want it done to me? I don't do it to them.

I am guilty of trying out the BS addon/perk combos though just to see how bad it can get, I usually let em all out. If they don't suicide on hook. i.e. Freddy rework pre-addon nerfs Dying Light Thana SB and BBQ. Swing chains and never wake up/jump rope.

Two killed themselves immediately, I got my BBQ stack off the other two and let them drop pallets on me all game and game em flashlight saves. Teammates killing themselves on first hook is just as bad as a DC imo.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

πŸ’–πŸ·

Really nice to read and as a piggy that loves a good meme and a boop I saulte you.

πŸ½πŸ’•

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    Options

Until a survivor called me stupid, ggez, tbag because I let them escape..

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

I try to play as killer how I'd want the killer to play when I'm survivor so I like to be as fair as I can be :)

• bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228
    Options

why do you guys always make the killer responsible for YOUR fun...

And killer not camping/tunneling when needed is playing bad on purpose. How can it be fun knowing the other side lets you win?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Because it shows that other people recognise this is a game that people are playing to have fun, and that everyone in that match is able to have some. Nobody is, of course, responsible for your fun and if you want to ruin it for the other side then nobody can stop you, but if you don't play in a way that's enjoyable for the other side you lose any and all rights to complain about what the other side do.

If you wanna genrush don't complain when you're camped/tunneled.

If you wanna camp/tunnel don't complain when you get genrushed and tbagged.

If you don't do those things then of course you can complain about the other side being dicks.

It's a video game. It's meant to be for fun above all else. As soon as this community leans that the better.

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options

You couldn't have put it any better I totally agree people need to get off there high entitled horse be it killer or survivor the game is PvP and whole point is to win so whatever is required to win and it's not cheating is fair game in my eyes

• Huge_Bush
    Options

This is your opinion. Many people don't play to just "win". Lots of people play to have fun irregardless of whether they win or not. When I play killer, I love picking Doctor to harass survivors and make them scream over and over. I do it too much against potatoes sometimes and let them all go in the end. I didn't need to win anything, I just had some fun.

Same with when I play Hag. I'll get someone on the hook, and place all 10 of my traps in the path that leads to the hook just so I can hear the rescuer scream over and over. I find it funny and for making them suffer through all those traps I don't pursue them.

No one here is being entitled or on a high horse. This thread is dedicated to the killers who go out of their way to make the game enjoyable for their opponents even though they don't have to. If you were to have actually read the thread, you'd have seen my comments where I state that I don't believe anyone should judge or disparage players who choose to play the way you describe.

Perhaps you're just not good enough to be able to play in a way that is fun for everyone, and that's fine, just don't come here and try to put down others who are.

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options

Lol you have said u find it fun to shock people over and over then let them leave I'm sure to some people that isn't fun at all so what u find fun others won't so what u think makes the game fun for others isn't true at all I'd rather u just played the game properly and I'm sure other people would feel the same I'm entitled as is everyone else including you to play how u want to play and never assume just because u goof about in a game that it makes it fun for all involved as it doesn't just like I know going all out doesn't make it fun it depends on your opponents and unless u know them then u don't know if they all found it fun and if ur telling me a game is fun because u goof about and don't care then like I say that's ur choice n hurray for u having fun but I'd rather play a killer or survivor team that plays amazing as only way players get any better is by learning and ain't going to learn nothing from someone letting people go just going to make the average player rage when they play a good player and get anhilated in the next game thus creating the whole my last killer was so fun let us go but u killed us not fair at all pfff like I say play how the heck u want but just remember u didn't buy a game for others u bought it for yourself to have fun and if others enjoy ur playstyle then great for them but No1 playstyle is for everyone look at for example tru3talent he doesn't change how he plays 1 game gets praised next game getting slagged though he hasn't changed how he plays

• MissMayluna
    MissMayluna Member Posts: 9
    Options

Thank you for this, I honestly needed the pick-me-up today as a killer main.

And most of all, thank you for being so thoughtful and kind! We honestly need more people like yourself in the community. <3