SWF-but are they really “friends”

come would you go to the park with them? Or grab a bite to eat with them. Fly a friggin kite. Let’s be real, that shut in “friend” from Bute, the one with bad hygiene, greasy hair, wonders why they are still single and living with mom at 27. You know the C average barely high school grad that’s lists “content creator” and sneaker aficionado on linked in, (code for sneaker bot scalper). Are they really a “friend”. Just because the list is called “friends” lit doesn’t mean so....

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Yes. There are many people on my friends list I would genuinely be real life friends with/am real life friends with and would gladly see were it not for the lockdown. Who hurt you?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Yeah I would go grab a bite to eat with them especially if I knew I could count on them when they saved me from a hook and didn’t chicken out last min.

• scottymo
    scottymo Member Posts: 74

someone I merely game with and someone who will help me move are 2 different things. Someone who can call in the middle of the night because the car broke down or they had to much drink. Big diff between IRL friend and “survivor with friends”. Let’s call it what it is, arranged team. That’s what they were called before this “friends” non-sense the consoles are shoveling. What does a honest criticism of some lame, corporate manufactured label have to do with being hurt. Come on now, 2 parrots with the same response. Try to concoct an original response at least or just go on to another thread.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited January 2021

We're well aware of the difference between online friends and real life friends. The difference here being that lots of my irl friends are also friends that I play with, and even those that I don't know irl like @TurboTOne, @ClaudioFrosty, or @Donkerydoo are definitely people I'd trust to help me move, or call at 2am and talk about issues whilst crying uncontrollably into a pillow, or even drag out to eat something with. If it wasn't for the, you know, global pandemic I'd have met each of them irl by now. And I know this isn't personally directed towards me but I just want to make the point that you can very easily have online friends who fill the real friend category.

The consoles aren't "shovelling" something, they've been known as "friends" for years- y e a r s.

Also I'd have loved to "concoct an original response" as you so eloquently put it but the first one was so perfect for it.

I don't quite get your point here, except that maybe you're digging up some deep-seated trust issues or you've been betrayed by someone you thought was a friend, in which case the response of "who hurt you" is too perfect.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@scottymo

For context to your own thread.

You were the one who brought up irl scenarios. So now all of a sudden the responses sound ridiculous? Like what kind of response were you expecting?

You are taking the word “friend” too literal. It’s quite simply as playing with someone you can count on to have your back. Aka a friend.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Now that you mention it..

When was the last time my SWF buddy came over and helped mow my lawn?

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

I wish I can go to a restaurant with my friends at this point, online friends, DBD friends, irl, whatever.

But I gotta be all safe and cautious and stuff. 😞

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

Go out to the park... get a bite to eat... fly a kite...

Are you just trying to remind us of all the things we haven't been able to do for the past year? 😢

I miss eating at restaurants and going to the movies 😭

• Awrhy
    Awrhy Member Posts: 23

they were my friends before we started playing dbd so, yes

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

The only people on my Friend List are people I am friends with in real life. Except for the few buddies I have had since the 90's from other countries (met them at internet forums).

This also explains why I play Solo Q 99% of the time. My friends left this game long ago.

I don't go to Discord groups to pick up friends for this game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Yeah, know him for 20 years. Used to hang out a lot, but since Covid is a thing, we did not see each other for quite a while already, went to the cinema or simply for some good food from time to time.

We wanted to try out a japanese restaurant in a town nearby, but this is not possible at the moment.

So, am I allowed to play with him? Or do you want a pic from us in front of our DBD-Accounts first?

Jeez, some people. Even if Friends dont hang out each time and only know each other online, they can still be friends.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Friends can be global. You don't have to know every friend in real life - even in old times there used to be pen friends, where people have never seen each other, but they'd send letters to each other. They still were friends. What's important is the memories being made. I've met great people online, some I've met and some I haven't met. Yet. Also there is a pandemic stopping this, but it doesn't make you any less friends. Take care of yourself and others.

I am locking this as it seems to have no real sense of topic here and it could possibly evolve into an argument about terms, definitions and words.

This discussion has been closed.