Match maker is a lopsided jooooooke

Options

Gee wait 10 minutes in survivor queue check

get matched against a perked and Mori L2 spirit check

the rest are 10+ except the 1 L4 check

the L4 basically throws and dies first check

the spirit camps and slugs check

Hot trash mode activated check

See the same will have 3 5+ and 1 L10 against a 16 killer. Naturally 3 of us run gens in while the killer gets looped into submission. Check

we all have a tea bag party at low level killers expense check

hot trash level 2 mode activated check

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

XD

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172
    Options

Such a simple concept and yet so far beyond the comprehension of a lot of survivor players.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,451
    edited January 2021
    Options

Yeah I don't know what has been going on with matchmaking lately but the majority of my matches as survivor and killer have been putting literally red and grey ranks together. It is bad.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

It's because high Killers are leaving the game, so low ranked Killers must be matched with any rank survivors, to prevent their queue times being too long.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,451
    edited January 2021
    Options

Even as a red rank killer I'm getting grey and green ranks in my lobby. People with literally 50 hours in the game.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Hmm yeah that's odd, can't explain the rainbow ranks.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I played as Oni for the 4th time ever, I usually lose badly with him on PS4. Last night I went against 4 x rank 20's and im rank 15. Maybe the matchmaking got it right? I got 2 kills and the other 2 hobbled out injured so did ok

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 742
    Options

I wanna know where y'all live if you're waiting 10 minutes for a lobby as survivor. NA East is poppin' at instant all day, every day.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

When do you play im NA central and pretty much any weekday evening by about 10 pm i switch games because queue times are crap

• scottymo
    scottymo Member Posts: 74
    Options

Toxicity is not an exclusive club. Like killers who slug camp want for entity kill instead of ending the match while tea bagging. Far easier to play killer than survivor. See loop tears, but looping takes a degree of skill and only effect against certain killers.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I guess you could say these topics are getting tunneled.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Getting your future MMR ######### up because of getting rank 15s as red rank in a red rank killer lobby. Check.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

You played spirit nothing else matters. They all tunnel every single one I have played against they can't seem to help it soon as they hear the hook notification they phase straight back to it it's like a dog hearing the food hit their bowl.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Devs shouldn't ignore them. But I don't think they see it as a problem, so far.

• scottymo
    Options

Watching a twitch 4 man 1s get a 10 clown. So our course they get all gens. Spend 10 minutes trolling the outmatched killer. They practice locker timing on him. Loops, flashlight, you name it. Textbook example of shat show match maker. What planet is an arranged 4 man rank 1 survivor vs 10 clown even remotely fair. Come onnn. Lopsided games are only fun for the frail ego players who fail at life so they have to feel dominant in a made up world. Many like decent competition. Like matching a featherweight bag a heavyweight. Come on man! Someone has to have a decent match maker algorithm. Go buy it if your devs cannot make it.

• Jamlpr
    Jamlpr Member Posts: 107
    Options

My man you got a punctuation key on your keyboard?

Go play killer if you don’t like queue times. It’s easier anyway.

• scottymo
    Options

dear devs hire someone how can program a balanced match maker algorithm. The one you tried to copy from Blizzard using MMR is hot steaming shat. Either get a 17 killer vs 5+ arranged (refuse to say that SW I have no friends IRL crap) or 5+ stacked up spirt vs a 10+ level PUG (called pickup group, been around for a while). I get it the survivor queue is another shat show...great example inserted saw worse on twitch tonight. Watched 4 man 1 rank arranged PC team go against a 10 clown. Of course they trolled, teased, practiced lockers, flashlighted. Looped into submission.

WTB balance and how about cracking down on PC cheats as well. If a “mod” gives you a distinct and significant advantage, that’s just a cheat period. Bring on the salt...

• scottymo
    Options

nuff said. Gee how many matches against 10+ does it take to get a 1. My DBD math is not very good like their dev algo math is garbage.

• scottymo
    Options

It’s easier until you are 10+ killer getting the PC gang 1s streaming so they not only need to roll you they need to be dbags with the tea bags.

• Awrhy
    Awrhy Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2021
    Options

honestly, as someone who often plays with their friends i can vouch for you here. Me and my friends consisting of ranks 1,2,5,5 will consistently run into killers from rank 10-1. Which is really absurd considering our ranks i would at expect a rank 7 or higher killer.

• Awrhy
    Awrhy Member Posts: 23
    Options
  • vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320
    Options

As is the joke the devs had an easy task and failed to do it right. All they had to do was set MMR to start low and work upwards instead of putting low MMR people against high MMR people.

I understand the algorithm needs stuff to work with but if I'm say MMR 5 with my current Killer I don't want to face an MMR 15 squad of Survivors twice in a row. That's just going to make me stop playing so the algorithm doesn't get any more information other than "Maybe less than MMR 15, lets try 14".

The wait times are already going to be crap, so it doesn't really matter if you have to wait ten more minutes to get into a game. I know I'd rather wait those extra ten mins to have a game I stand a chance of winning instead of having a five minute no hope game. As for Survivor side? Why should we make that group of four Rank 1 MMR 15s wait? Because if you keep matching them with MMR 5 Killers all of the MMR 5 Killers are going to quit and then those MMR 15 Survivors will have to wait even longer for the very few MMR 15 Killers still playing to match up with them...while the MMR 15 Killers are being matched with MMR 5 Survivors Because.