When a SWF player dies.

Are they going to make it where when survivors die they can't see the killers perks and ad ons till end of game? So that SWF can't tell the others what perks the killer has when they die.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they said they wanted to change that long ago, but as the time goes by i doubt that more and more...

• franticpig29
    franticpig29 Member Posts: 102

I was hoping they would have done this by now.

• franticpig29

If I remember right they was taking about this not to long ago. I wonder what happened.

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@Mister_xD said:
    they said they wanted to change that long ago, but as the time goes by i doubt that more and more...

Yeah, about that ... when the mid chapter patch came out, I was like #########! Because instead of doing this (hidding vital information from dead players), they actually did change the HUD, to make tiny icons keeping track of what item or add-on I'm using !

So They overlooked an almost 2 years old strategy breaking problem (don't bother end game strategy guys !), and choosed to go for the quality of life changes ... It sounds so stupid. I don't know what to think about it.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited October 2018

@Utna said:

Yeah, about that ... when the mid chapter patch came out, I was like #########! Because instead of doing this (hidding vital information from dead players), they actually did change the HUD, to make tiny icons keeping track of what item or add-on I'm using !

So They overlooked an almost 2 years old strategy breaking problem (don't bother end game strategy guys !), and choosed to go for the quality of life changes ... It sounds so stupid. I don't know what to think about it.

Welcome to DBD !

Here's your personal bag to harvest salt. /s

Nothing new sadly.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Are they going to make it where when survivors die they can't see the killers perks and ad ons till end of game? So that SWF can't tell the others what perks the killer has when they die.

I'm gonna go ahead say that you probably watched Hybridpandas vid of him saying this, but it's actually some he said he would love implemented into the game.
  • franticpig29

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

I'm gonna go ahead say that you probably watched Hybridpandas vid of him saying this, but it's actually some he said he would love implemented into the game.

No I have not seen his video taking about this. I do not watch him. This is something I have been wanting in the game.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I remember the devs saying something about this aswell but it never materialized. Doesn't suprise me. They said they were going to buff charge times for all the killers to compensate the loss of tinkerer but that never happened either so the devs word is about as stable as sand.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited October 2018

@HellDescent said:
    No unfortunately, because they are not gonna hear the end of it from survivor mains and they'll be upsetting the majority of the player population.

I main survivor and I think this would be fair.
    I don't know how deep you have to shove your hand up a bull's a** to get so much bs out.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Mister_xD said:

As the great John Marston once said...
    "Guess about all I got left now is doubts... Doubts and scars"
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@HellDescent said:
    No unfortunately, because they are not gonna hear the end of it from survivor mains and they'll be upsetting the majority of the player population.

Bad enough SWF gets 7 innate perks given to them and negates knock out and several add ons. Hey lets also let them know what the killer has.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@HellDescent said:

I'm a survivor main and I'm all for this. I really dislike ghosting. I play solo, so it doesn't matter to me really if I know what the killer's perks and add-ons were. If I really want to know, I would spectate the rest of the match.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

Yeah, this is one the things they should've changed a long time ago.
    It's just one of those things that makes swf groups stronger.

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@CoolAKn said:

@HellDescent said:

I'm a survivor main and I'm all for this. I really dislike ghosting. I play solo, so it doesn't matter to me really if I know what the killer's perks and add-ons were. If I really want to know, I would spectate the rest of the match.

Same. When I play survivor, I'm on my own too. But I've read reapetidly in this forum that an average lobby had about 40% solo survivors, and the rest being SWF (many of them being 2 player parties). That means solo players are a minority ... who knows how SWF players will react to that fix ? Of course not all SWF player want to exploit this old problem, but maybe there is more than enough of them to put DBD in trouble.

• CoolAKn

@Utna said:

@CoolAKn said:

@HellDescent said:

Same. When I play survivor, I'm on my own too. But I've read reapetidly in this forum that an average lobby had about 40% solo survivors, and the rest being SWF (many of them being 2 player parties). That means solo players are a minority ... who knows how SWF players will react to that fix ? Of course not all SWF player want to exploit this old problem, but maybe there is more than enough of them to put DBD in trouble.

If people rage about not being able to ghost the killer's load out, they really need to rethink their life.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

I feel like I ran into that tactic. One survivor died really easily. There wasn't any apparent hiccups in game speed. And there was 2 pairs of people.
    Joke's on them. I was running Iron Grasp, Whispers, Beast of Prey, and Distressing. oogabooga! SCARY!

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

^^^^^^^^

We are so lucky to have with us nearly all the 1% of the survivor population who want a fair game and don't abuse anything. Yay.

Good for you, but sadly the vast majority don't want this kind of logical fix.

Don't you think the Devs would have fixed it since then ?

Come on, it's been 2 years that this complaint exist.

The reason is quite simple : That would make SWF's life "harder" (more fair) and they don't want to stress out the cash cow.

• CoolAKn
    edited October 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:
    I feel like I ran into that tactic. One survivor died really easily. There wasn't any apparent hiccups in game speed. And there was 2 pairs of people.
    Joke's on them. I was running Iron Grasp, Whispers, Beast of Prey, and Distressing. oogabooga! SCARY!

Yeah, if people just payed attention to some of the tells of a killer's perks, ghosting would be unnecessary. Just be observant. I saw a live stream of a duo playing against a killer that had 3 hex perks. All 3 of the hexes got cleansed, and they were searching for the last two totems, because they were so sure the killer had a full hex load out. Meanwhile, they didn't notice they were the obsession (without obsession perks), and they could see the killer's aura every time a generator popped, still wondering what the killer's fourth perk was.

Granted, some killer's perks aren't as obvious as others.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@franticpig29 said:

They have already said the want to make it impossible to see the killers full load-out until after a match is complete because it defeats the purpose of keeping everything secret.

• franticpig29

I hope by the time the next killer comes they fix this.

• franticpig29

Still nothing done about this.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited December 2018

Still nothing done about this.

Maybe its the spaghetti coding. Delete 2 lines of code in the tally screen and Ruin will give bonus progression like BNPs and BBQ will take 25% of your BP away per token.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

I bloody hope, some survivors will spoil what type of mori or perk you have that only works if they dont know you have it, like devour hope tier 1, if they dont know its close to token 5 and dont know you have the perk, when they spoil the perk then they will find the perk in a few seconds wasting the time to even set up the perk

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@franticpig29 said:

No ofc they will only remove the ability to dodge SWF

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They will...
    Soon...

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Master said:

@franticpig29 said:

No ofc they will only remove the ability to dodge SWF

You can still check profiles if you are really concerned about swf. Even if they have private profiles just dodge if you are concerned.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Only if killers can’t see survivors items being brought in
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    I play survivor. And a lot with a friend. But we dont share post game screens....we figure out the build while playing or suffer. 

Having to sit for an extra 5/10 mins after I get camped out in a solo game because I want to see what the unknown perks, or what addons they ran were, because they're hidden to hide this "seal team six swf coordination" is a little....much.

I mean, if they hook someone and come right over, its bbq, if it's a red skill check, ruin.  "Oh, but what about noed? Hmm?" Well, do what smart people do and just break the ######### dull totems you see. Maybe hold off a gen and find one. At least one. 

It would make people feel better about "not having them know" but there would still be JUST as much complaining about swf as ever. Because it's not about the load out as much as this "uber coordination squad" you all fear.
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    Survivor main here. They should definitely fix this. It's one of the few killer gripes I think are completely reasonable.
  • franticpig29

@malloymk said:
    Survivor main here. They should definitely fix this. It's one of the few killer gripes I think are completely reasonable.

Ya

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Can we remove names and ability to snipe profiles from pre game lobbies?

I think both would be a nice idea 🙂
  • franticpig29

@altruistic said:
    Can we remove names and ability to snipe profiles from pre game lobbies?

I think both would be a nice idea 🙂

I would be okay with that.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Only if killers can’t see survivors items being brought in
    That's cute
    You think its the same, so cute
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I was expecting: "When an SWF player dies, an angel gets it's wings" or something. Also that angel gets tunneled and camped, probably mori'd too.

• MezzaMind
    MezzaMind Member Posts: 39

I think this would be a great idea if there was a match history. I mostly play survivor (because my killer queue time is 40+ minutes but survivor is only a couple of minutes) but I mostly play solo. It is extremely rare for me to play swf as I don't like it but I would still like to be able to see perks and builds for experience

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited December 2018
    I play survivor. And a lot with a friend. But we dont share post game screens....we figure out the build while playing or suffer. 

Having to sit for an extra 5/10 mins after I get camped out in a solo game because I want to see what the unknown perks, or what addons they ran were, because they're hidden to hide this "seal team six swf coordination" is a little....much.

I mean, if they hook someone and come right over, its bbq, if it's a red skill check, ruin.  "Oh, but what about noed? Hmm?" Well, do what smart people do and just break the [BAD WORD] dull totems you see. Maybe hold off a gen and find one. At least one. 

It would make people feel better about "not having them know" but there would still be JUST as much complaining about swf as ever. Because it's not about the load out as much as this "uber coordination squad" you all fear.
    Blood Warden.
  • thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Carpemortum said:

I mean, if they hook someone and come right over, its bbq, if it's a red skill check, ruin.  "Oh, but what about noed? Hmm?" Well, do what smart people do and just break the [BAD WORD] dull totems you see. Maybe hold off a gen and find one. At least one. 

Bloodwarden.

Actually survivors can know you have Blood Warden and the only counter is to not open the gate if someone is downed, which still benefits you as killer. The other option is to open the gate and run out before the guy gets hooked, which would mean a 2k and likely a pip (since there is the first guy dead to tell them and the second guy you hooked just after the other 2 escape).

Basically you can use BW to threaten survivors to not open the gate. If you get it to proc they are locked in the trial for another 60 seconds, and they can't take it away like Ruin. If 1 is already dead, and 1 is hooked and you have a solid detection perk like Whispers or BBQ, they can know of Blood Warden and still die because they can't actually avoid it.

• ChesterTheMolester

Carpemortum said:

Bloodwarden.

Actually survivors can know you have Blood Warden and the only counter is to not open the gate is someone is downed, which still benefits you as killer. The other option is to open the gate and run out before the guy gets hooked, which would mean a 2k and likely a pip (since there is the first guy dead to tell them and the second guy you hooked just after the other 2 escape).

Basically you can use BW to threaten survivors to not open the gate. If you get it to proc they are locked in the trial for another 60 seconds, and they can't take it away like Ruin. If 1 is already dead, and 1 is hooked and you have a solid detection perk like Whispers or BBQ, they can know of Blood Warden and still die because they can't actually avoid it.

Most of the time you'll be busy chasing someone when the last gen is repaired. And talking about SWF in particular, they can just 99% the gates while you are busy and open it once they unhooked.
  • thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018

Most of the time you'll be busy chasing someone when the last gen is repaired. And talking about SWF in particular, they can just 99% the gates while you are busy and open it once they unhooked.

Yea but then they have to make it to the gate without going down. Again the only counter is to just not open the gate, if you leave the guy slugged and manage to slug another one it's GG for them. The last guy has to hide or open the gate and just run out. Now you got a 3k.

And if you are chasing someone when the last gen finishes that's kinda what you want. You can literally ignore the gates to continue a chase. Without BW if you see someone on the gate you are forced to break the chase and stop them, which often results in you losing them both. But with BW you can just let them open the gate and keep chasing. You don't even need to check if the gates are opened, BW will tell you. Just keep chasing that guy and make sure you down them then wait to see if they open the gate.

• franticpig29

@MezzaMind said:
    I think this would be a great idea if there was a match history. I mostly play survivor (because my killer queue time is 40+ minutes but survivor is only a couple of minutes) but I mostly play solo. It is extremely rare for me to play swf as I don't like it but I would still like to be able to see perks and builds for experience

I would like to see a match history in the game.