Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What in Dead by Daylight / BHVR disheartens you the most?

Devs' priorities.

I still don't get why developers decided that we need Discordance nerf QoL change more than NOED rework or Decisive adjustments.

I don't understand why changing the Gideon, Autohaven, Macmillan maps is higher priority than improving the state of Haddonfield, Red Forest, Farm maps.

Also, something is wrong with developers' consistency in their decisions. They said that they aim to create perks or change already existing ones in the way that the perk tiers have no significant changes between each other. For instance, BETTER TOGETHER's perk tiers (Nancy's perk) have very minor difference.

At the same time, they are going to release a Patch where BORROWED TIME timers are 10/12/15 seconds on 1/2/3 levels. The lower tiers of the perk are very significantly weaker than the 3rd level.

Comments

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    edited January 2021

The fact that they allow one side to bully the other side at will, and the other party cannot do anything to defend themselves other than DCing and subsequently taking a DC penalty and de pip.

Killers are the only ones that can truly ruin another person's game, which is facecamping or intentionally tunnelling someone out the game in a way that does not make strategic sense, but in a way that is indicative of trying to bully someone and ruin their game.

Also making someone bleed out.

Complain all you want but teabagging and flashlight clicking don't hinder you from playing the game as killer. Survivors teabagging at exit gates is also within your control; hit them out. Nothing they do prohibits you from playing the game and yeeting them out if you so chose.

Survivors can't do anything when being bled out, or facecamped. And I don't like that many killer players play the game to bully others often at random and for no good reason.

Facecamping and making survivors bleed out should at the very least give negative bloodpoints and multiple de pips for poor sportsmanship, which is something that's reportable. And I honestly think facecamping should flat out be reportable since it's not a strategy and you're intentionally trying to ruin someone else's game in a way that makes no sense

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Please if the devs see this take it with a grain of salt but you can't deny what the community is saying if it's been this present for this long

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    edited January 2021

I thought I said should be reportable. Either way,

Your condescension is boring. I've played in red ranks and I've faced many of those "bullying" survivor squads who flashlight click and teabag, use OoO, etc.. I still think the way I do. I'm still in red ranks, and my rank in killer is higher than survivor. What's your reasoning now that I still don't agree with you? Dig through your hat to find the next excuse.

I don't consider that bullying by the way. Flashlight clicking and teabagging isn't bullying me or preventing me from playing the game. It's simply taunting. It's the survivor equivalent of hitting someone on hook to BM them.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

The laziness lol

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

the dead by daylight community the toxic people

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

They barely listen to the community. We get nothing on colorblindness settings until someone with a verified mark comes and makes them crawl out of their cave and say “We’ve been working on it for a while.” Obviously it can’t be done in a day but seriously, it could be probably be less than a month for this to be a thing. Just make some color adjustments to scratch marks and icons to appease the fanbase and it’s all good.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

The lack of Quentin cosmetics

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

The 15 dollar locked skins being unlocked and interchangeable through a glitch. What is the purpose of charging more for a restriction that can only be enjoyed like other cosmetics through a bug?

Mind-boggling

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

The community.

not saying BHVR or the devs do everything perfectly. But the community seems to always have something to complain about. Also the majority only playing for themselves and actually seeking out to make the other side have the worst experience possible.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I mean,just take a look at our world.

A lot of people just seem to hate the idea to respect each other and treat everyone like a human being

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

People who DC on purpose. Sucks for the killer and survivors that remain.

Cross platform chat - Sucks when you have a great game and can't even "GG" the other survivor(s) because they do not play on the same platform.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Getting flamed in post game chat for no reason, watching my friends get facecamped, getting tunneled off hook without DS, toxic SWFs, and the poor lore system of the game.

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167

I actually took a month off from DBD and played a handful of solo survivor matches tonight. Nothing has changed. There's still the same bugs from launch. There's still frustrating load times. The community is trash and toxic for no reason. The game play is overly repetitive and hasn't changed on the survivors side very much since launch. WM1 simulator. Audio bugs. Crash bugs leading to BANs. Did I think things would change in a months time? No. But the time off has shown me I'm not putting any more serious time into this game. 2k hrs, every DLC, a good chunk of cosmetics and now I'll only play once in a while if a friend asks me to. Otherwise this ones gathering dust.

I literally filled out the entire DBD satisfaction survey while waiting for a lobby tonight. 17 minutes. Guess how satisfied that survey reply was?

Some of tonight's matches

1st match. 2 DCs, 1 slugged, then the other, both hooked. end of game. Great start to being back.

4nd match. Killer DCs after being looped by a meg. Ok, that was a waste of everyone's time.

5rd match. Killer didn't see me the entire match. I do one full gen solo and about 1/2 of 2 others. I break 3 totems. I unhook 3 survivors. I heal one survivor to completion. All the while my team mates are falling like flies. Some didn't heal, some stuck together and got downed together, some just had bad luck. But all the action was across the map from me so I did tasks and went for unhooks when i could. When I'm last man standing I head for the door figuring its try or die. Killer is off kicking hatch to flush me out. EGC. I get the doo open as he shows up, gives me a smack I still get out. Don't even stop and teabag, I could.. But I didn't. I just, leave. I get some 21k BP. Double pip. GGs all around.

Or so I thought. The killer proceeds to tear me a new one, tell me how to 'play the game' and that I was a bad team mate since all I did was 'hide'. Hide? Oh you mean avoid your BBQ? Your tasty little delicious crutch perk that my DISTORTION told me you had the very first time you hooked someone? Your scrum-diddily-umptious wall hack because I can't actually HUNT or anything perK that I was well aware you had so when it went off I could just yanno, get in a locker for 6-8 seconds and AVOID YOU SEEING ME? That smol pp NRG BBQ is dangerous to rely on. And this killer raged at me, when even my three other rando survs were like 'bruh chill.. they did plenty.." After a while they agreed that I did a lot of work. BUT. I was still a bad team mate for not throwing myself across the Tapp that for the life of him couldn't stay out of line of sight. Orrr the Meg and Dwight pair that kept sticking together getting downed together, farming eatch other... But no... I'm the bad one because I had bested him and he didnt like that. He was harshing my buzz so I reminded him that I beat him fair and square that he even agreed, and that now he will always remember the one that got away and proceeded to exit back to my lobby, to the main menu and back to my desktop too go launch a different game because I can't be bothered to wait 20 minutes for match after match like these.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Also,it took them about 1.5 years to realize Fixated wouldn't be OP if it also works when injured lol (even though they did the same with urban evasion)

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175
    edited January 2021

The same as you, the priorities. They care more about $$$ and making garbage cosmetics rather than fix the real issues of the game (b/c either their dev team cannot or its too hard/they are lazy).

I mean there are bugs in this game still that have been around for 3+ months. Its awful. No one should be defending them. There are no valid reasons to defend the Dev team. They promise things, they change things no one asks for (like the new HUD) while leaving bugs rampant, hackers able to do the wildest things, etc.

The balancing/patches in this game are a damn joke. They should be hella happy no other game competes with them in this genre. Cause if there was, they'd be absolutely screwed.

• Mooks

You could have just said ‚players telling other players how they should play‘, or. not?

in my experience killers are no exception for this..

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited February 21
    Post edited by DangerScouse on
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2021

Mostly the fact they reduced a lot communication with the community. I get the reason since the community is very easy to trigger and communicating with it is like stepping in a mine field, but it made them feel more distant and detached. Also I miss the MCote on stream, the guy was a living meme (in a good sense)...

• Mooks

I just wanted to know. No problem at all.

this is a public forum after all..

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Fair enough. I see way more of one than the other, hence my comment. But it's just based on my own experiences.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

So I couldn't bare to notice that your post was edited by one of the forum mods, it happened to me before too with the same moderator. Must be hitting a nerve there I guess. Care to edit your post to see what it said? It seems risky I know, I've done it before anyway and they didn't care enough to bother editing my post again. It seems like most staff can't really take criticism tbh.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Oof, I see what they edited out. It was that a "certain higher-up" dev didn't even know that color-blind settings were coming. I don't want to be banned for saying who, I am sure you can figure it out though. That person has gotten a lot of backlash lately.

• Jamlpr
    Jamlpr Member Posts: 107

All of the complaining from bad killers and survivors. No one cares you lost to a SWF. Be better. No one cares that you got tunneled. Be better. If you can’t be better, move on.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Game health

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

The lack of patches focused on game health itself and the servers. The entire point of dedicated servers, server side hit detection, and 60 tick rate was to mitigate or eliminate the amount of unfair looking or obviously unfair hits. Yet a killer with bad ping or one that is just too far from me especially if they were a console killer they still hit me without being near me period. I've had so many games like this. I had a legion swing at me without even being within eye sight of me and they downed me. Had a doctor down me through a window after i had activated lithe already and run away from the window where that distance is a guaranteed whiff/ window slap. Even downing me while not being behind me. Now hit detection seemed to work REALLY well in my experience before the "fix" for Oni but every since that its been crap. Hits are still as they were before any of this was implemented. Its also really unfair that people with bad connections get rewarded for it while people with good connections have to actually earn their hits. Its not even really earning your hits the hits are working as intended when the connection is good but its so frustrating to deal with for this many years. I'd much rather they just make hit range shorter to compensate for the ######### internet users or just not allow people to play if internet speeds aren't at a good standard or something. Games with ######### connections make me not wanna play more than try harding killers with their best add ons and mories. Like i can at least escape or learn something from a try hard. I can't escape a person that's gonna hit me through dropped pallets or hit me through windows from 20 ft away