no way the event is causing killer queues

Options

we've all been around for new chapters and new killers. i do not believe that the event is the only issue with the long wait times. maybe im wrong. 15+ minute killer queues are just way too long to be the only cause. at any rank.

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited October 2018
    Options

Pat already confirmed known issues and they are "working on it" :/

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94
    Options

I never have issues finding killer games except during events. That's just the way it is. Regardless of the value of the reward, if there is some incentive to play the killer during events, survivor mains will try their hand at it.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Dude has any other event required you to play the killer side to get a currency to pick out 7 cool skins. The answer is no and everyone wants to get as many cosmetics as possible. Survivor vials were easy to get and a lot of people did it first due to no wait times and easy gathering so now we have a big party of killers who are mainly survivor mains trying to get their vials. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:
    we've all been around for new chapters and new killers. i do not believe that the event is the only issue with the long wait times. maybe im wrong. 15+ minute killer queues are just way too long to be the only cause. at any rank.

It has nothing to do with buffs or nerfs. The player base is in transit if you have a large segment playing killer to get vials you have less survivors. How hard is this to understand. If they came out tomorrow and made offerings still produce points just by burning, or allow harvesting of nectar even after 30, and/or you can get your 60 combined from either side within 3 days que times would be back to normal. It is part of why i worry about an alternative mode as it will change the player base and increase que times.

• Wolf74
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

It has nothing to do with buffs or nerfs. The player base is in transit if you have a large segment playing killer to get vials you have less survivors. How hard is this to understand. If they came out tomorrow and made offerings still produce points just by burning, or allow harvesting of nectar even after 30, and/or you can get your 60 combined from either side within 3 days que times would be back to normal. It is part of why i worry about an alternative mode as it will change the player base and increase que times.

The community manager already admitted "lobby issues" and the team is "working on it".
    Stop spreading this nonsense.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

The community manager already admitted "lobby issues" and the team is "working on it".

What the hell are you talking about?

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Orion said:
    Let's see if I get this straight. This is the timeline of events:

1. Normal queue times before the event.
    2. Patch containing the event.
    3. Normal queue times at the start of the event.
    4. High queue times when Survivors have finished getting all their vials.

Your conclusion is that the event is completely unrelated, even though the issues were absent before the event and shortly after the event was released. Do I have that right?

not "completely" unrelated. but if you remember before the patch, killer queues were long as well and they fixed it a few weeks prior to the event. not this long though. and if you read the post, i said there is no way that the event is the "only" thing. you had to play killer in other events for hooks and i never had to wait 15 minutes + for a game. so, "do you have that right?" no.

• Wolf74
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27822/so-do-you-guys-think-they-are-gonna-fix-the-event-make-it-so-all-60-vials-can-be-done-on-survivor/p1

@Patricia said:
    Hello everyone!
    Our team is aware of the long queues issue, we are discussing on how we can improve the situation.
    At the moment I don't have more information, I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks for you patience.

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Why do you think that means it isn’t because of the event? Lobbies being slow because of the event is a lobby issue...
  • Wolf74
    Options

Get real, this is not about player distribution.
    Otherwise the issue would solve itsellf, because a lot of killer already switched to play survivor, to play at all.
    That would balance out if it was just that.
    Use your brain.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Except this event is very different from past ones.

• No standard multiplier on BP gain
    • The goals make you switch roles, and since you need 4 Survivors & 1 Killer for a match, now it's more like 1 Survivor & 4 Killers
    • The plants can't be interacted with after you're done with Survivor, while you can still hook on special hooks as Killer after you're done
    • If none of your fellow Survivors need any more vials, RIP your Offering

Though yeah, i bet there's some who pussy out from the update.
    And i can also see the combination of these two being too much on some as well, making those return when the event is over.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Wolf74 said:
    Get real, this is not about player distribution.
    Otherwise the issue would solve itsellf, because a lot of killer already switched to play survivor, to play at all.
    That would balance out if it was just that.
    Use your brain.

It's absolutely due to player distribution.

Once a Survivor finishes their vials there is no reason to play Survivor for the duration of the event because of the bloodpoint offering issue.

Think about it for a minute , why would a Survivor burn an offering at 30/30 and gamble that the 3 others aren't 30/30?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

Their saying that Patricia one of the community managers stated in another thread that lobbies are bugged!... it's not this survivors are moving to killer blah blah blah..its the lobbies are bugged it's happened before and its happening against... this BS of nobody is playing survivor is all nonsense if nobody was playing survivor you wouldnt get a game right away as survivor.. which I haven't had any issues at all with either soo
  • Wolf74
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:

It has nothing to do with buffs or nerfs. The player base is in transit if you have a large segment playing killer to get vials you have less survivors. How hard is this to
    Their saying that Patricia one of the community managers stated in another thread that lobbies are bugged!... it's not this survivors are moving to killer blah blah blah..its the lobbies are bugged it's happened before and its happening against... this BS of nobody is playing survivor is all nonsense if nobody was playing survivor you wouldnt get a game right away as survivor.. which I haven't had any issues at all with either soo

Exactly. A shortage of survivor would also affect survivor player :P
    But I get instant lobbies when I play survivor.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,406
    Options

It is exactly the event. Que times were totally fine before.

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Options

Pur kilerz baby so afraid to lose the patch that made them feel gud.
    So cute and pathetic ^^

Yes yes, it's some mysterious bug that is holding you hostage of lobby, surely it is

lmao

• Smurftacular86
    Smurftacular86 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Patricia said:
    Hello everyone!
    Our team is aware of the long queues issue, we are discussing on how we can improve the situation.
    At the moment I don't have more information, I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks for you patience.

@Wolf74

I don't see her talking about any wild bugs that appeared out of nowhere causing this problem. Just that there is a issue right now. As some users pointed out earlier, there weren't queuing issues before the quest and even the first 2 days weren't problematic. But after the 2nd day, most survivors who play on a daily basis are done with the survivor part of the event. So they switch to the killer in order to get 30 killer serum. Which causes a unbalanced player distribution. Since survivors get a full vial per match, most of the time and killer usually need 2 games for 1 vial, we end up in a bad killer survivor ratio, which is the cause of this problem if you ask me. How can't you see a connection between this event and this suddenly appeared "bug". I hope im not offending you in anyway or you taking it personal, but it looks pretty obvious to me.

Event wise there's just no point in playing as survivor if you're after bloodpoints. As lots of users suggested, allowing survivors to continue harvesting without getting extra serums could be a solution to this problem.

Wolf74 said:

@Bravo0413 said:

It has nothing to do with buffs or nerfs. The player base is in transit if you have a large segment playing killer to get vials you have less survivors. How hard is this to

Exactly. A shortage of survivor would also affect survivor player :P
    But I get instant lobbies when I play survivor.

Do you know how matchmaking here works? Tbh i don't. This is purely imagined by myself but maybe this makes sense. Lobbys work like first come first served. If you queue as a survivor you get thrown into a killer lobby that fits your rank and was opened before the others. Since there are so many killer lobbys right now, survivors get really quick into a lobby. So survivors aren't really affected by it, because it's not like there aren't any survivors left. Let me put it this way. Before the event there were 5 killers and 20 survivors. Games start really fast. But now it's like 10 killers and 15 survivors. First 3 killers get a decent queue time while the other 7 killers have to wait because there aren't enough survivors for the other killers resulting in a queue time of 10 min+. Of course the playerbase is much higher that's why survivors don't struggle with finding a game. There are plenty of killers but just not enough survivors for every killer because of the 4:1 ratio

Do i sound crazy or does that make sense? Just my thoughts.
    Sry if i made some grammar mistakes or if some parts didn't make sense it's not my native language.

Kind regards

Smurf
    Post edited by Smurftacular86 on
  • Boss
    Options

Now's your chance to test, OP.
    Go and play the game for a whole day and see if you have significant changes.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    Options

There is no survivor anymore.

Thank you. I spat out my granola reading this.

You've won the forum.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Options
    maderr said:

Yes, it's because we have had to deal with 1 year of constant survivor nerfs every two months.

There is no survivor anymore. And with the next nerfs, it will become worst. Enjoy your wait time now that you all cried for years :).

That’s literally the opposite reason, are you rarted?
  • MrZapp
    MrZapp Member Posts: 102
    Options

Love the forums

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Master said:

Everything was fine before the event, even in the first days during the event I got instant queues.
    Now that survivors are done with the quest on their side, killer queues are insane.

Coincidence?
    I doubt that

Yeah it was fine post-patch but before the event. It's definitely the event.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer ? Still here?

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Options
    Huh? You still think it's a bug? 
  • Wolf74
    Options

@AnotherRandy said:

Actually yes. The waiting time did drop, but it is still to long to use it for a grind for vials.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    Options
    Boss said:

As soon as I get off work I’ll try it out and hope for the best!  I’m lagging behind 
  • SirVicksTheSlayer
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer ? Still here?

Yup. Just haven’t had the time to play as per Work and other things. :/
  • Radiant
    Options

Same Q issues.
    PPL complaining allover on steam forum.

• Boss
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:
    Boss said:

As soon as I get off work I’ll try it out and hope for the best!  I’m lagging behind 

So far my lobbies are doing great now.

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    Options

Haven't played Killer in months due to the wait in filling a lobby.
    Playing late night US Eastern time the lobbies fill a tad faster.

From what I've experienced in the last few months it obviously wasn't event related nor related to the survivor / killer ratio.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Actually yes. The waiting time did drop, but it is still to long to use it for a grind for vials.

My lobbys are fine now. Red ranks btw, was unplayable pre vial change

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

welp... now the survivors can gain the vials with playing survivor and i suddenly find my lobbies much faster, so yeah... it was the event.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    Options

my queues are around 6-7 minutes instead of 15 +. maybe it is just the event. still taking forever though and i hate playing survivor solo queue =/

• Wolf74
    Options

@Mister_xD said:
    welp... now the survivors can gain the vials with playing survivor and i suddenly find my lobbies much faster, so yeah... it was the event.

Still the lobbies are taking way to long as killer, so I think it is not "just the event".
    The problem got eased, but is still there.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,406
    Options

The que's have picked back up again and even worse. I've been waiting almost 40min in que now.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Queues are fine on ps4 now. 1-2 minutes, was 20 minutes like pc. Thats at rank 1.
  • newduls
    newduls Member Posts: 90
    Options

what rank are you playing at?

it seems to me its a BP generation issue. Once you had 30 vials (now 60) the only sensible side to play is killer, since you can still get all the bonus points for hooking survivors.

while you still had vials to fill if you died early you'd still usually generate at least 30k bp, but post vial fill, if you died early you were out of luck.

At R1 it seems to me the survivors are all completely done with needing nectar.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    Options

@Boss said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:
    Boss said:

im still able to go have a cigarette, do a shot, and play on my phone while in queue. around 7-8 minutes. its down but still taking a fair amount of time to see the first survivor join the lobby

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

@Boss said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:
    Boss said:

im still able to go have a cigarette, do a shot, and play on my phone while in queue. around 7-8 minutes. its down but still taking a fair amount of time to see the first survivor join the lobby

rank 2 killer, not sure if that helps or hinders either

• Boss
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:

@Boss said:

@SirVicksTheSlayer said:
    Boss said:

rank 2 killer, not sure if that helps or hinders either

Rank 2?!
    Yeah, that seriously hinders it, i highly recommend you try to go down.
    Unless, y'know, you value those smoke breaks. :p

I predict you'll get lobby times back to normal a week after the event is over at max., but that's just a prediction.

• Wolf74
    Options

Killer lobbies still take terribly long.

• Radiant
    Options

"it's the event"