Fellow killer mains, do you run dead hard?

Thicc_Boi_Myers
Thicc_Boi_Myers Member Posts: 52
edited February 2021 in Polls

I personally don't like running perks that I get pissed off about as killer like ds, unbreakable and dead hard. The same for when I play killer so no perks like noed, ruin and tinkerer. so no I never run dead unless I am running no mither and even then I still run other perks. Mainly because I don't care if I win or lose I just want everybody in that game to have fun.

Fellow killer mains, do you run dead hard? 60 votes

Yes, because it is the best exhaustion perk
50%
BlueberryTapeKnotDemon_Swordsblue4zionLeonardo1itaIronWillCleviteDawnMadFilthyLegionMainDarkMagikPega6FobboPr0p3r9DankestOfSoulsGrimmy_BluuesCrypticghoulBwstedZestySOMENINJANAMEAmazingXand 30 votes
No, because i don't find it fair/fun
41%
Moonlight616ASpazNamedSteveGibberishAztreonam78musstang62FreddopichumudkipCornHubMadLordJackBigbubbabam270Blue_Archer33ManyAchievablesYordsGhouled_MojosteponmeadirisGannTMQwQwpanernanersGriffinsMarkGamingTrashmaster 25 votes
STFU you stupid killer main mad cuz bad ggez
8%
DicklayciaDarootLeafstormTripleStealGay_Police_DeptJackpot 5 votes

Comments

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Why would I not run a perk because it's strong, that just sounds counterproductive.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Sometimes. I often use Balanced Landing over it, although Dead Hard is still a perk I'll use as much, if not more.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited February 2021

It really depends on what the build I'm running is attempting to do. If I've got a build that is going to get and keep the Killer's attention as long as possible, then yes absolutely. If I'm feeling a more stealthy approach, I'm going to run Lithe.

You kinda needed a 4th option in your poll.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    edited February 2021

I used to run Sprintburst instead of DH but having to 99% it permanently or otherwise having to slow walk is just too bothersome. If you could active Sprintburst like DH, I would prob still run it but as it is rn DH is just way better cause it allows you to run whenever you feel like it.

Lithe can be decent but on some maps like most indoor ones its just completely useless. BL, I haven't used since the nerf to the passive staggering (was the only reason me and most people used that perk anyways).

So yeah DH it is but only because all the other ones suck compared to it.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

I don't run any exhaustion perks when playing surv

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I understand that, but I run DH currently. I do sometimes switch and run sprint burst instead, because DH can be, um, less the reliable.

DH really doesn't bother me as a killer. I can bait it out and you can usually tell when someone has it by the way they play. Just wait an extra second before you hit them.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I feel like it makes me lazy in chases, so no, I don't use Dead Hard.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

No, for a different reason -- Dead Hard only helps you if you're good at looping and I'm bad at looping, so I need a different perk.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

I don't use dead hard since 99% of the time i end up exhausted on the floor. I end up using adrenaline more than it.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

It's not necessarily the best, though. I still think SB gives more value when used correctly.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

None of these really matched my opinion.

I run the perk because it makes chases more fun and adds extra skill to the interaction.

That said, it is too strong and needs to be nerfed in my opinion. It's typically the only "second chance" perk I run because of the fun factor.

It's literally a 3rd health state every 40 seconds for free..no downside..no cost..not situational....that's insane.

• Jackpot
    Jackpot Member Posts: 10
    STFU you stupid killer main mad cuz bad ggez

I'm just going to choose this third option as a joke and because neither apply.

I don't exactly mind/care much of dead hard, is it good? Of course, that's why it's meta.

But honestly I wanted to in general avoid any meta perks and just try many perks and combos, honestly Dead hard just fell out of fashion for me since it either: EXHAUSTED ON GROUND or obvious loop extention which is still good.

Plus I don't need the second chance perks. UwU

(Ok, maybe sometimes during solo queue, but we all know how bad those teammates can be.)

And technically not a killer main, I like to play both sides equally but it mostly just devolves into the one with fastest queue times.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Not a killer main because I play both sides equally.

I usually run Dead Hard because it is a strong crutch perk that can make a 20 second chase turn into a 2 minute one if used correctly. Of course you can end up exhausted on the ground (happens a lot), but I'd rather take that chance rather than not having it at all.

Not running exhaustion perks is a good habit because usually you come to the point to where you rely on them (speaking from personal experience), but at the same time you're giving yourself an unnecessary disadvantage because it's likely that everybody else in the match is running a crutch (including the killer).

I will say that I definitely find Fixated + Sprint Burst fun to run as well. It really just depends on the playstyle I'm going for that day.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

It's not the best imo, but I often like it with builds that involve me to be overly altruistic.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

Lol, I love the third option. I much prefer Lithe. I don't mind when Survivors run Dead Hard, I'm still going to get them LOFL.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

It's not the best exhaustion perk, lol. I just like it because I can't accidentally use it at an inconvenient time unlike Sprint burst or lithe.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

It'd be nice if there was a "sometimes" option...

• Thicc_Boi_Myers

yeah but i mean as your go to one. like if you could choose one to run every game then would you choose dh but I get what you mean thanks for the feedback :)

• Thicc_Boi_Myers

yeah ik but thats not what makes dh good its the distance which allows for the extension of loops with having to use the pallet wasting more of the killers time

• BreadPanda
    BreadPanda Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2021

I hate having to play around Dead Hard as killer but that's because I find it boring and unfun, although not unfair. I rarely queue up as survivor but when I do, I avoid Dead Hard for a few different reasons:

• I don't really get much enjoyment out of using exhaustion perks. They are obviously quite good but I tend to have more fun when I run weird builds or off meta perk combinations.
    • I don't have much practice using it as a survivor because it was one of the last exhaustion perks I unlocked. If I do run with an exhaustion perk, I tend to go with one that's easier to use, like Lithe, Spring Burst, or Balanced Landing.
    • When I have given Dead Hard a try, I either end up exhausted on the ground and/or Dead Hard-ing into a wall. Practice makes perfect and all that but since I don't really like running exhaustion perks anyway, it's easier just to keep on keeping on.
  • pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

I think Dead Hard is perfectly fair I just don't find it fun at all because I personally don't like being exhausted on the ground but that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

Yes. Unlike DS (DS when being abused) it doesn't really annoy me when survivors use it

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I don't run it just because I don't like it as much as SB. I think that SB is objectively better actually, DH can be good in getting distance for sure, but SB does that better.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

I rarely use any exhaustion perk as surv (apart from Head On), as I feel like they teach bad habits.

Dead Hard specifically I feel like just gives you 1 free mistake, OR just doesn't work and you're exhausted on the ground. Either way I don't like relying on it.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571

Tbh I really only run it because of the possibility of playing against Nurse/Freddy/Deathslinger. I do feel like it's overkill against the majority of killers with how bad matchmaking is and would much rather run something like Balanced Landing or a healing perk for fun.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225

I really just... don't use exhaustion perks. At all. It's annoying having to keep an eye on my Exhaustion and such.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Either Dead Hard or Sprint Burst.

Some people have an erection when they die. Now that’s a true dead hard!

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Hope way better B)