Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So I’ve been playing killer..

And I’m trying to type this during my queue times and that’s why it’s taking a long time.

So I play on the Switch with cross play off, just for context. Survivor times are hell right now so thought I’d play some killer.

Here are my thoughts on playing killer. Again for context, my current survivor rank is 2 and my current killer rank is 15. I play mainly Trapper. But as you can see, I’m a pretty new killer so take that for what it’s worth. Initially I matched with yellow and green ranks but ever since I hit 16 I’ve been matching wIth purples and reds.

So first of all, killer is pretty fun! I had a lot of advantage as a new killer since I played a lot of survivor and knew the maps better than your average new player and since I play Trapper, I knew which loops to close off quickly.

I assume I’m playing mostly with soloq. I don’t know how people tell whether or not it’s a swf. Maybe I haven’t met many, but I only suspected one team to be a swf because they were all Claudettes but they weren’t sweaty or anything.

I 4K almost every match, and this is without sweating. I almost never tunnel someone off hook. I never camp, sometimes proxy but mostly no. I give hatch very often, technically not making it a 4K but I still count that as a 4k.

So I’m not saying killers have it easy or are complaining too much or anything, but I’m just giving my own experience. There were a couple matches where when just one survivor was really good (and the other blendettes), it turned the tide for the whole team and everyone escaped alive. Also, I just had a match where 2 gens were complete on my first hook and 5 gens by my second. This is the only time this has happened, and the chases and prep I did didn’t even last long. They didn’t have any toolboxes or Prove Thyself, so it’s seems very possible that gen times can be abused if survivors are very coordinated. Then again this has only happened once.

And the last thing I thought I’d bring up for now is tunneling. I usually don’t like tunneling especially when I’m on the receiving end. As a killer I can sort of understand, but I usually don’t tunnel. Sometimes I see 2 trails of scratch marks and end up chasing the one who got unhooked, but then I just slug the person and move on.

But I’ve actually once tunneled a survivor out of the match for being a blendette. I hate playing against blendettes. It’s so stupid. They never get in a chase, and even when they do they sometimes lose you just by running in circles because on certain maps it’s impossible to see them. So if I see a blendette, and they are unhooked in front of me, I’m tunneling the blendette. (As a side note, I’d gladly make an exception for certain members of the community who adopt this play style because of certain disabilities they may have, if I could know their reasons for blending. If I were playing survivor I’d gladly get tunneled for said people too. But anyone else, I’d tunnel because I find that gameplay very uninteractive)

That said, queue times are much better as killer and BPs flow in more quickly. Also, no need to put up with potato teammates which is a plus. My little experience here has given me reason to believe that survivors CAN abuse certain mechanics in the game but I have yet to come across many instances of this happening. But when it does it sucks balls.

That is all and thank you for listening.

Comments