Why Legion is one of the best Killers

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Feral Frenzy's tracking lets you pick which Survivors you want to chase. You can use it to intentionally ignore people. If you can tell someone is a tryhard meta perk flashlight clicker, you can use Frenzy to have them sellout where their weaker teammates are hiding.

The easiest way to counter someone with DS/Unbreakable/DH/IW is to one hook them at the end of the game when all their teammates are dead. And Legion is the only Killer that can reliably do that.

Don't want to chase someone? You don't have to. It's easy to find something more tasty

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Yea but look at it this way, while legion could single someone out a stronger killer like nurse or blight could have 3 hooks by the time the legion finishes singeing that person out and finally hooks them, so its a mixed bag

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Doctor is better at tracking and antiloop imo.

Legion really struggles against good survivors that know how to loop. Not to mention splitting up causes his power to be redundant

He’s C tier imo

• gatsby

Blight and Nurse aren't the best examples. They're mixed bags most of the time too because they're both super prone to bugs with their mechanics and frequently get cheated out of hits. The are awesome if you get a stroke of luck where nothing goes wrong though

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Pretty much this.

I have a hard time wanting to run M1 killers without multiple chase perks like enduring / bamboozle / etc but then you have to skimp out on the slowdown, tracking, and stealth perks.

You can get people injured but then you still have to run around some truck loop like 5 times before they dead hard for distance and finally drop it. Not fun for me.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

At the end of the day, Legion is still highly susceptible to looping. As long as that's the case, Legion will never be a good killer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Legion relies purely on a basic m1 chase to down people. And even ignoring looping, that also means they get screwed over by holding W.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Well only in a stroke of luck conditions is a bit much but isn't that the same with playing legion and hoping not to make a mistake which can cost you the game

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

#DeleteLegionBHVR

A poor excuse for a killer that sucks 99% of the fun from matches and leaves you with a 20 minute grind fest that when you finally die you just exclaim "thank God that is over!".

GG

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

He's bugged rn. I won't touch him until he's fixed

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

And you automatically lose if you happen to meet 4 decent loopers or just make a mistake or two during chase and lose all pressure.

Good thing that there are so many potatoes so even killers like Legion can do well as long as survivors fail at looping M1 killers.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited February 2021

So you think Legion is good because of information ? That's not valid at all since strong survivors WANT you to find them - particularly when you play a killer that can exclusively down with a M1 attack.

Also this part of your post:

"you can use Frenzy to have them sellout where their weaker teammates are hiding."

Basically means:

"Survivors have to be potatoes otherwise Legion is useless"

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The easiest way to counter someone with DS/Unbreakable/DH/IW is to one hook them at the end of the game when all their teammates are dead. And Legion is the only Killer that can reliably do that.

Sounds good. What do I do if all 4 run these perks?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

no, he's the best because he go stabstabstabstabstab

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited February 2021

Everyone on here seems to be seriously overestimating the average Survivor that Killers run into, even at Red Ranks.

In addition to that, that completely ignores the fact that there's several perks in the game that can help Legion get that 2nd hit. I can easily set things up so that my first hit on you is Frenzy and my second hit comes via sneaking up on you with Trail of Torment, coming at you with EndFury ready to go, stacks of PWYF, or maybe even Coup De Grace tokens... when that happens, it doesn't matter how good you are at looping. You went down because I slapped you over the head with my perks.

Does Legion need more chase perks than most Killers? Sure, but that's balanced out by the fact that They've got lots of Tracking and Slowdown baked into their kit, so they can afford to run 2, 3, maybe even 4 perks to help with the M1 chase.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

Kinda seems relevant in all situations for all Killers really.

• gatsby
  • SilentPill

And yet you have killers like Leatherface who can down someone in 2 seconds, doesn’t stun himself constantly or need to reclose the gap after using his power, can 1 hook anybody he wants at any time, AND has ridiculously strong anti loop to boot. But legion is the best killer?

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Plus neither of these killers have the same stall capability that Legion has. Legion slows the game down A LOT.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

The Killers generally considered "high-tier" allow you to make mistakes. The more mistakes you can make, the better the Killer.

Spirit, Nurse, Freddy and Deathslinger all allow you to make a few mistakes.

Same goes for Survivor perks. Anything that allows you to recover or not be punished by mistakes is usually meta.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Legion has nothing to help him down a survivor. Survivors who don't heal will absolutely destroy him. Being injured the whole game is not such a scary thing vs m1 killer with no power

• alimeria
    alimeria Member Posts: 55

Use legion in a certain way makes a person satisfaction that cannot be explained when trying to use it in a way that the dev designed it is not quite optimal, I will not say how but I bet many legion main know what I besides having the skind and robbie that has been something i loved for quite some time.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

He's below mid-tier base power, mid tier with add ons and good perks. They have no map pressure or gen pressure, and their chase pressure is decent, but, at a good loop with a good survivor, not good enough to end a chase fast.

Also, hooking people at the end of the game to counter ds is a weak claim, since you have to deal with the other 3 survivors BEFORE you can kill the last.

One more thing, you really can't counter DS/Unbreakable, unless you rid of them at the beginning of the game, which is a low possibility with legion.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

He might be talking about the speed/lunge bug in FF a while back.

Pretty sure that was fixed.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Random short lunges which makes you lose your power and miss

• FFirebrandd

I'm sorry what? If the Survivor team isn't able to stop them from Frenzy chaining, Legion has the most pressure in the entire game. Seriously, Legion has the absolute easiest time getting the Survivors to the state where literally everyone either needs rescued, is rescuing someone, or are trying to recover themselves. That's a great state to be in because zero gens are getting done when that happens.

• SilentPill

Injuring everyone and still needing to M1 people down is nothing.

Compare that to like Oni, who can get 2-3 entire downs from full health off the back of a single M1 hit? Not even close.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I can't remember the last time I struggled against a Legion. Even in my solo queue matches they tend to lose.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    1. Legion does not have the most map pressure in the game, their frenzy movement speed is not as fast as Behavior and a lot of people people make them out to be, and their heartbeat detection is limited (unless you run addons)
    2. Situations where all survivor were hit with deep wound is a rare situation, and by the time you deep wound the last survivor, the first two would complete their mending and pop back on a gen. rescue off hook, etc.

I understand your argument, but we also need to keep in mind with what legion has against their, such as his fatigue, how they're still not very fast in their power (this is debatable, since his frenzy increases their speed to 5 m/s), being a very weak killer without perks and addons, and their counter to looping is not as effective as other killers ( I know they can vault, and with the iri button it breaks pallets, but by the time your fatigue ends, the survivor probably gained a decent amount of distance unless you have cooldown addons ), and, overall, your probably not going to get good games with or against him because 99% of the time one or two survivors will DC, which is understandable because most people hate legion.

• FFirebrandd
    1. I'm not talking about their mobility. Out of all of the Killers in the game, they have the easiest method of giving the Survivors a side objective that they have to respect.
    2. Sure, but you don't need to hit multiple Survivors with Deep Wound to get value out of Frenzy. It helps, but it isn't required. Even returning to the hook and giving the person who got unhooked a parting gift is an effective use for it. Also, if you're playing Legion and your Survivors don't feel like they need to heal, you are doing it very wrong.

Yeah Legion has fatigue, but it isn't as bad as most people make it out to be. If you cancel Frenzy while hugging a Survivor, they'll gain 8 meters on you. That's not fantastic but it isn't the end of the world either. Also that's assuming they use that fatigue time as well as they possibly can. While Frenzy isn't as fast as some other powers, it does however have the distinction of being the fastest movement speed you can get with standard controls and no charge time. Getting your first hit in a chase with Frenzy is almost laughably easy.