Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I'm a doctor main but I want a new killer

DBD_go_brrr
DBD_go_brrr Member Posts: 2
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Yo I'm a newly prestiged doctor and I need a secondary killer to use but I dont want to use any of the free killers so what is a good killer for ps4 (also what are good perks for tha tag killer

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

That partially depends.

From what I know about Doc, he's got a mix of Information, Anti Loop, and Stall in his power. Which parts of his power do you like the most?

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I'll personally vouch for Oni as he has seriously good map pressure & it's just fun to run across the map at 1000 mph.

His perks aren't the best but Nemesis is good if you're running STBFL/Stridor/PWYF/etc.

• DBD_go_brrr
    DBD_go_brrr Member Posts: 2

The fact I can find people by using my shock and the whole anti loop

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

You might like plague, she gets lots if survivor location pings from infected survivors screaming and cleansing. And once you go corrupt you are nearly unstoppable at loops and snowballing. Plus, corrupt intervention and infectious fright are primo perks. (Idk if you meant free as included with base game or free as in purchase with auric shards)

You also got demo who's shred is great on loops unless they have tight geometry, good mobility and player detection with portals. He just can't stealth due to the stomp stomp of his feet

Legion can easily keep all survivors injured and has decent mobility and can find survivors with killer instinct. He just has trouble downing survivors, but a perk or 2 can help with this. Plus, discordance is my favorite perk.

Freddy travels around well, and uses snares to stop loops and locate survivors. Crap perks though

Oni can find injured survivors easy, has great mobility, and can Insta down. But hard to use.

And, unpopular opinion, the twins are good. Find survivors with victors idle screech, can down survs in quick succession, deny loops by leaving Charlotte body to body block a window, etc. And coupe de grace and oppression are fun to use

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

Plague has a power that is similar to Doc but it takes a lot more timing and practice. She's not too anti-loop but you can use pallets against players.

In my mind I think of Doc and Legion kinda the same for just chill killing.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You might enjoy Pyramid Head if you like anti-loop and area denial, he's pretty good at both of those things and has a little bit of a learning curve. And he's also really good at burning through hook states because his power is a massive middle finger to DS and Unbreakable which are the two perks that survivors use to try and break a killer's momentum.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Freddy is probably what you’re looking for. He can pressure gens, has good anti loop, passive slow down, invisible from range, oblivious status effect, lullaby heartbeat, the meta perks work best on him etc. He has a FAT utility belt.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

My vote goes to freddy and legion.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Freddy is straight forward and has everything in his kit you desire.

- easy to use anti loop power (snares)

- tracking (snares)

- semi stealth (partial invisibility while survivors are awake, no terror radius while they're asleep which helps at finding people and getting easy hits because of the non-directional lullaby in dream world)

- gen slowdown (via addons, wake up animations between survivors, wake up clocks that spawn on the opposite of the map)

- gen defense (teleport)

- map pressure (teleport)

- built in Borrowed Time counter (oblivious status effect)

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

Pyramid head maybe. He is kinda like doctor but deals damage.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Definitely Blight. He is extremely fun and rewarding. One frustrating thing is sliding on objects but once you know where you can bounce and where you slide he becomes to much fun. He is also really strong.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

If anti loop is your jam, consider Clown. Clown & Doc are my top 2 mains.

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

Oni gets my Vote, he can be alittle tricky to build up his power at first. But his Snowball is very good. He and Deathslinger are my two favourite Killers as I find them so fun. I recommend you give either of them a go.

I'd recommend a Gen Defence Build, Ruin and Corrupt, Or pop if you'd prefer.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Charlotte actually can't body block a window whilst dormant (if they vault from the other side, it pushes her model out the way), it body blocks the same side though.

Survivors don't seem to realise this yet though and dropping victor whilst blocking one side of a mindgameable pallet scares 'em off well good.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Yeah, its a 1 way block, but still gets me the hit often enough to mention

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Oni is a good choice

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Good luck getting both I guess legion but once they are injured your just a m1 killer with no anti loop

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I'll suggest hag. since almost every other killer was suggested already... XD

she has both detection and anti-loop in her kit, like doctor. but unlike doctor, you need to set them up before.

hag is hard to master, but she is amazing when you learn her.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

For the PS4 I would suggest Pyramid head or Oni if you want more of a challenge (skill wise) whilst still being a threat.