Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hacks Run Rampant

I'm taking a break, not because I don't enjoy the game or have any kind of complaint there. Hacks are running RAMPANT. There are a ton of websites giving people hacks to see where everyone is located, immunity to hits, and countless other things. I'm sorry to say it, but I'm competitive and I don't have time for games that are tainted. The anti-cheat system they are using is not stopping the hacks, nor is reporting them. I'll see you guys in a month or so, but if the issue isn't resolved, the break will become permanent.

Comments

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Sometimes I wonder. I’m hiding someplace and the killer come straight towards me immediately after hooking somebody, not even looking at more obvious hiding spots. I assume he’s running whispers or some other aura sensing perk or add on and to my surprise he is running absolutely nothing of the sort. Makes me suspicious but nothing really to prove it.

• Nessyhere
    Nessyhere Member Posts: 15

It's pretty wild probably going to go back to no crossplay so I don't have to deal with it tbh. Sick of not being able to pick up, hook certain survivors or being booted when I start lock in a win. The teleported are not as bad but still there. It's super obvious when I'm chasing a survivor, they run in a straight line then disappear and reappear in a locker behind me.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

You’ve described dedicated server issues, not hacking.

Hacking is the very hilarious Steve I had in a game that could Instaheal everyone, hook himself an endless amount of times, fly, kick the baby repeatedly (not playing twins), do the Steve scream repeatedly (LOL), freeze the game after EGC ends (floats away and escapes eventually), instacomplete gens, etc. THAT is hacking

And, honestly, it’s ######### hilarious. I can’t even get mad if I see this as killer or survivor.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

What you described is a hacker using everything in the book at once without trying to hide it.

A wallhacker (for instance) will go down like any other survivor if they mess up at looping. Does that mean they're not a hacker just because they decided not to fly around insta-completing gens while spamming all animations in the game ?

• EuphoricBliss35

“Wallhacks” is a term applied to Myers/Wraith/Pig...using...wallhack add ons.

i wasn’t saying “if someone is hacking then they all are doing this,” but merely describing what hacking can look like. Not getting a grab is hardly hacking, it’s ######### servers

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Not sure if I just misunderstood you but anyway: "Wallhack" is a term / type of hack that existed before DBD was even a thing... Wallhacks are typically used in PVP shooter games.

But yeah, I agree about the grab stuff being the result of servers and all. Just had to mention something more "mild" like a wallhacker because people often think a hacker will be obvious / easy to spot.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

True but pixel perfect auto corrected blinks are. I have video footage of a nurse that that blinked perfectly around obstacles and right too people not to mention the blink speed. however I'm not sure I can do anything with it because it's not obvious enough for the devs to do anything.

• EuphoricBliss35

Yeah Puppers has a vid up of a hacking nurse vs speed hacker, that highlights a lot of what you’re describing. Blinking right on people with no possibility of knowing someone was there, repeatedly

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

I am not condoning anything at all, but in the current state of the willingness to play killers and the recent bias of the patches rarely if ever nerfing survivors instead of buffing them and kilelrs constantly losing things they relied on to not struggle against swf voip perk I can imagine why they are resorting to it if they are too addicted to muster the will power to just quit the game or cannot bear the queue times switching to survivor only. It's a sign of the state of the game and the lack of satisfaction if one side of the game is leaving in enough numbers to impact the queue and a growing number of ones remaining are actively looking for cheats and ways to bypass lazy anticheat.

Maybe while addressing this cheating problem the devs should also address the cause of the problem (why people still want to play but feel like they are only willing or able to continue playing if they can cheat) which in turn could partially address the queue length problem on survivors' side as well in the end. Killer players seem so dissatisfied at this point that they probably think of quitting as just a self-imposed ban so they shrug off the risk of actual bans. That shows a extremely high level of dissatisfaction when they either quit or don't care if they get banned trying to make the game more enjoyable for themselves. I've heard of a few reports of swf with insta revives and such, but those kind of reports seem rare compared to esp using killer reports (which honestly voip with a 3 or 4 man swf is basically, just dev condoned vocal esp so I understand why some kilelrs feel justified using their own esp once again not condoning it I'd prefer to see them all quit and clog queue as survivors and truly force some needed changes in attitudes at the dev level).

I've rarely seen games so imba they push a large chunk of the playerbase to quitting or rampant cheating through perceived or actual imbalance (and to perceive it at such a common and strong level by such a large portion of a playerbase it typically is real imbalance even when their idea of that imbalance or it's overall impact is a bit exaggerated in some situations). This is showing problems in the game's balance and mechanics on a fundamental level, as well as showing there is widespread distrust or contempt within a portion of the playerbase for the devs and also a lack of expectation and patience that the devs will make changes for the better for them. So the devs are partly to blame for four years of pretty clear survivor bias and building mistrust and resentment from killers (as well as insulting them in livestreams and in at least one clear case on a livestream getting owned to such a degree after talking smack it was pretty clear one of the guys didn't even play his own game), and are also partly to blame as a consequence for the current survivor queue lengths considering they're about to drive a few more killers even off of the game in the next patch even and don't care. The attitudes all around are horrible with this game whether it's players or developers. It's a magnet for everything wrong in both the industry and within humanity. And as such I really enjoy reading about all of it. Let the hate flow through you. lol

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I found the source of the hacks and reported them today. It was a manipulation of the PTB files and reverse engineering, including a steam spoofer AND a name spoofer. The guy seemed really good but someone messed up and didn't blur out the full link of the github. Hopefully, it gets priority.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited February 2021

interesting, I know there were a couple of old steam emulators back int he day mostly pirates used them though. I think one was updated in the more recent past (meaning past two or three years) by some modder or cracker. That's the one they're probably using, and if they're doing that it means the accounts used are probably disposable too which makes them even more carefree about it. Meaning it's going to become more rampant as more find out about it or find it while looking for cheats. If left unchecked that would eventually become a fairly common problem in the game. But it would make for some pretty interesting livestreams I reckon.

• AVoiceOfReason

@SocialDistomancy Yeah, it seemed the guy was working on it since late 2017 in December. My request has been answered and closed with it being forwarded. Glad its being taken seriously. I just get tired of people ruining others' games.

• SocialDistomancy

Yeah this game is messed up enough without that kind of bs too from either side. And it ruins the ability to get accurate data to make changes based on, which they're already not good enough at doing in my opinion without cheats making it harder for them. One of the most annoying cheater communities I encountered personally was the souls community though, my god those people were set out to get the victims flagged as cheaters and to destroy their save states lol. Killing the blacksmith in ds2, flagging ppl, ruining the mob hp, using all sorts of impressively crazy stuff the game did not intend for them to do like machine gunning spells with all sorts of status effects it was nuts. I played those games while internet connected with legit ptsd and save backup tools

• AVoiceOfReason

@SocialDistomancy I use to play a lot of 7 Days To Die and met a good amount of bypassers of Eagle Eye Anti-Cheat and would come into my world and just destroy everything that I worked so hard on. After that, I just play with my dude, here and there on it now. Just isn't worth the heartache to see all of your progress destroyed by some #########.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited February 2021

I avoid that specific genre of games, but I can imagine it's one that would attract that sort of cheater to it. I heard conan exiles had similar problems too. in other games like dayz I heard about wallhacks and campers aimbotting and shooting from places like beneath the ground and stuff lol. The people making the stuff, I understand why they do it, they do it because people are willing to buy it and everybody likes more money. What i don't understand is why people pay for it. It seems like a waste of money to me, especially those that expect tot urn around and buy multiple keys for the same games due to bans. Which also has led some crappy developers to do little to nothing about cheats in some games.They wanted people buying more keys. Like the devs of a game originally called warz, the firsta nd last game of that sort I remember playing regretfully, it became noturious for being a rare game valve offered unconditional refunds for when they kicked it off of the steam store and my copy was from a website before it hit steam so paypal told me to eff myself lol.

• AVoiceOfReason

@SocialDistomancy I played that too and yes, it had the same problems with people using bypasses. I will say that Conan was really fun to play even solo. Its massive with lots of exploration and upgrades. Better than ArK? Maybe but never played Ark. I do know that I really like building/foraging/scavenging type of games. I also play WOW.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited February 2021

I think I have exiles on psn from ps+ along time ago. I remember whene xiles came out, I thought "this is what you guys promised us end game content and pvp sieges would be in age of conan" lol.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

Just has one obvious hack recently, killer using wallhack no tracking perk no add ons, just directly go to where player are, tried hiding in locker and killer directly opened the locker.

I think I had enough of this game, will uninstall and try again some later time. Report functions are useless.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

BBQ I would think but if they don't have that perk it might just be practice and the fact many survivors play in a similar style (i.e. go to the same places to heal, or hide, etc) but I have certainly wondered the same thing as Survivor too.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited February 2021

A couple of recent suspect games i have had are a survivor that took 3 hits to the back with bubbas chainsaw and just kept on running out the exit.

A death slinger that cross mapped to the locker i got in before he hooked the 3rd survivor and just hung around the area until i got out and he "luckily" ran into me. No whispers, no hatch.

The game is broken and EAC does nothing. you can only report obvious cheaters who don't care and the ones that hide it just look like good loopers or hide it behind perks.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

You'd be surprised at what a killer can see that a survivor can't. A dim scratch mark, a fleeing or returning crow, survivor b's foot 10 seconds before the killer downs survivor a. Then you tack on pathing prediction and good hunches and you've got a lot of people calling people hackers when it really is someone having more and better game awareness than they're used to. I've been called out well over a dozen times for my shenanigans. It's great.

I don't doubt that hackers exist. I've seen a few, but I'm betting that the amount of true hackers compared to the hacks people think they see is really ######### low.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

The blatant hacking epidemic is one of the few things the community is unanimously upset about. BHVR need to step up their game. First, they need some kind of anti-cheat software that detects hacks (one that works, to clarify) and more importantly they have to relieve the witness from the burden of proof in cases of hacking. If your anti cheat software does not work (it doesn´t) at least save the replays of matches that are flagged with hacking reports. It´s kinda baffling that unless the playerbase as a whole records their gameplay all the time, the hackers reign free. Support legit says that unless you provide more evidence, your ticket does nothing. Even if you happen to be recording the reporting process is so cumbersome.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I don't see many blatant hackers but i don't know if lag-switchers could be considered as such, there are a LOT of them. They press the lag switch button when they are about to get hit and suddently you see them 10 meters away unharmed. There are a lot of cheaters but they are really subtle.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

I hate the ones that try and hide they have hacks.

Oh you just randomly came running to the place I was hiding in then act like you are searching for me?

Or the spirit that knew where I was after hooking someone (acting like she knew because of BBQ) and phased directly to my place that had no gens. I had distortion.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

You know, the saddest part is honestly why anyone would even WANT to hack dbd.

Like... there is nothing if you get down to it. There's not unique rewards, no anything. Only wanking one's ego because you clearly showed of your mad (haxx0r) skillz.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124

Hackers are rare, but exist.

I have video evidence about a serious one, but it does not mean that all of them will show off.

I have run into the same killer twice that consistently went directly to survivor positions without reading perks (plus i had distortion).

The first time it was only suspicious.

The second time it become obvious.

Reported, but i dont think action will be taken without evident proof.

And yes, the answer for your question is "YES"; it was russian...

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

In 4k hours I've only had hackers in my games like 3 times on PC

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited February 2021

Absolutely no aura perks or anything that would allow him to sense my presence. Never made visual contact, or really moved much at all once they began coming close. The person on the hook was using the perk where I could see the killer’s aura and he literally walked straight to me as if he could see me right through that wall. Experience is one thing but it was uncanny. I’ve played long enough to know that there was absolutely no reason to check my particular spot out before any others.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

This ^

I'm coming up near 7k hours and I've seen maybe 3 hackers.

People are vastly misinterpreting hacking for game knowledge, ping issues, or not understanding how mechanics work.

While there will always be some, hacking is not even remotely a heavy issue in DBD.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I had the same hacker twice in two weeks. Second time he was in a swf with another hacker. Before that i never saw one.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

There are some legitimate reasons though. I accidentally accused someone of hacking the other day because of latency. They finished healing in the basement right as I hit them, the character screamed, fell over, and disappeared. Apparently it happened on the survivor who was healing them’s screen too since they also accused them of hacking.

It turned out to be a streamer and watching the VOD they just took a hit right as the heal finished and just walked out of the basement. Definitely not what I saw on my screen.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124

A very good example of another irritating problem, that should not be ignored.

Latency was always a thing as itself and it still can be abused by players.

We still get matched with players from different regions.

Did they do everything to provide the same gameplay experience for all the players in the same match?

Nope, they did not.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

The hacks that scare me the most are the not obvious ones, like having sprint burst without having the perk equipped. You know, just smaller ones, but the ones that help you immensly. And fromm what i keep hearing, dbd is one of the easiest games to hack.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

This is probably the wildest and most extreme hacking I've seen. This happened JUST the other week and I watched it live. Was hilarious but also shows you how bad it really can be. While Devs do nothing.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2021

I haven't really played the game since the shutdowns. In the 4 years I've had the game I've only run into 2 people who were clearly hacking. However I too have had situations like this happen a few times. A killer hooks someone and immediately moves in the direction of another survivor. As if they had BBQ yet they had zero tracking perks. It could be coincidence but it happened every single time the killer hooked someone. I've seen a lot of suspicious stuff in DBD but not enough evidence to file a report. I've been accused of hacking several times when I play killer so I know how rampant the accusers can be. However there are times when blind luck just doesn't happen that often.

• odra

yeah it used to be really rare for hacker to shown up and if they use tracking perks i would immediately said they're not using hacks.

Currently, i tried 1 day again before uninstalling and I got 1 game again with blatant hacking, killer just go straight to where people are, no tracking perks no anything just wallhacking, what is worse is you could see usually not many people report about hacking but currently in forum they're several people reporting hacks already.

I think this will be common in future though unless dev do anything about it

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

and spend money that could be making their investors money!?!?!?!?! LOL

• Blueberry
    edited February 2021

Some of it is experience or simply guessing. For example, these days I run nearly zero tracking perks because I've memorized survivor spawn points, particularly based on my spawn point. So I can essentially B line straight for where they're probably at.

There are many times I'll go into a ttv stream after the match to hear what they have to say and quite often the swf group is complaining that I was stream sniping ( I don't) because I knew exactly where they were hiding. This is something that others could also perceive as hacking since I knew where they were hiding. In reality all this is, is intuition from lots of game time to know what survivors like to do and where I would be If I was the survivor in that situation.

IE the whole point of this is to illustrate that the killer can know where you're at without having any information or perks to aid him. Lots of the time it's simply intuition and experience, not hacking.

• odra

yeah you could use intuition to find survivor but 100 % location match without checking other areas ? even the killer admit in end game chat.

• Blueberry

I am not implying that your situation wasn't a hacker.

All I am implying is that much of the time people come here complaining of hackers, that is indeed the case.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542
    edited February 2021

About 2 weeks ago, I saw a hacker who brought an ebony mori as a survivor. I reported it to BHVR with screenshot of end-game screen with the ebony mori + the Killer and myself accusing them of blatant hacking. BHVR said no video no ban and closed the ticket.

Yesterday I played against a survivor who managed to instantly get back up when I downed him (with 3 gens to go). No unbreakable or soul guard or anything.

Hopefully EAC gets updated soon.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited February 2021

Aside from starting the thread, I've largely remained silent in it. It suffices to say I only complain about hacking when I'm SURE. I record every game I play. The hackers are seeming more frequent and leave no room for doubt. Many of these hacks are rather clever, subtle even. The speed hacks, for example, aren't just suddenly getting speed burst, but rather a slow, incremental increase in speed to try and make it less obvious.

*My favorite was watching a Claudette SLOWLY pull away from me in an M1 chase. She simply increased her speed by about 5% every few seconds until she slowly started pulling away from me instead of doing tearing away which would stand out if someone noticed she lacked the Perk.

The Tracking hacks are the worst, however, going under the name ESP, they allow the Killer or Survivor to know where everyone is at all times. They stand out to me a bit more than most because I play a LOT of Spooky Myers, i.e. Cracked Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo. I can see them through my Wallhack provided by Add-On(s) and can see them react to my movements when I'm a relatively long distance off.

My point is I started reviewing my videos when I noticed the more subtle hacks and found that it was much more common than I originally thought. Another clever one is a hack that resets one's stage-2 hook status when you are unhooked so you go back to just redoing stage-2 over and over again. They only way this cheater dies is if they are not unhooked. I was reviewing one video of all identical Bills I fought and at first I missed it. I just assumed it was a different Bill until I counted the TOTAL hooks. I got too many for four Survivors. I had sixteen for the game. I was like WHAT? At least one (or more) of the Bills had been hooked extra times while I went off to hunt, and then unhooked extra. When I reviewed the video I noticed the only Bills that seemed to die were the ones that happened to run out of time on Stage-2 with me right there and no one to unhook them.

In short, don't assume there aren't any hacks if they aren't obvious ones, such as hit invulnerability (although I see that one often). The smarter (and in my opinion most problematic hacks) are going under the radar. It is only my penchant for recording every match that I started catching and watching for some of these. It is happening too often for my taste.

• odra

i dont want to count subtle one as hacks for me since i dont record my game. but usually blatant cheating was really rare in my games (1000+ hours), i only noticed in this past 2 weeks where some killer or survivor doesnt bother to show him hacking. usually survivor could insta heal and killer will do wallhack, yet they also had killer rank 1 blatant hacking