Is it fair that Myers still has insta-kill add-ons?

SebaOutbreak
SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
edited February 2021 in Polls

As of now, Myers has two add-ons which allow him to mori any survivor: Judith's Tombstone, and Tombstone Piece.

He's the only killer with that kind of add-on, and he doesn't even have to down or injure anybody in order to kill someone. Granted, both add-ons have their downsides, however, the fact that they have the power to force an early game over to the survivors still stands. So that got me thinking... should it still be like that?

What do you all think?

Is it fair that Myers still has insta-kill add-ons? 43 votes

It's fair
76%
MandyAttckcatDemiurgTragicSolitudeLeonardo1itaElikTaigaoinkzoinkTMCalypsokylerabdcgamer10pichumudkipfakebjorksnasCornHubIsJustMeOBXSlashstreetboyThicc_Boi_MyersOmputinsteponmeadiris 33 votes
It's not fair
11%
MadLordJackjrinkwaterCurveballerKirkyladRK67 5 votes
Other
11%
KeezokinClaudioFrostyBatteriesNotIncludedqnyun 5 votes

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278
    It's fair

Fair but very boring. Just a pallet, window or locker can cancel his grab unless he's 1m near you.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    It's fair

Personally it's fair, usually if the killer is going for the infinite Myers variant it takes forever, and if they're not then you can just hide in a locker or drop a pallet early and always vaulting it up until they destroy it.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited February 2021
    It's fair

They make him different. Not that I see those add-ons used very often. It takes a looong time for Mikey to reach tier 3 if he's using the Infinite tier 3 add-on, as well. If the team works on gens and doesn't let him get too much of his stalk on, they can power the gates before he'll be able to kill anyone.

• ClaudioFrosty
    ClaudioFrosty Member Posts: 12
    Other

I mean, is it fair that Huntress has an insta-down add on when hatchet hitboxes make no sense? Myers' add ons, while fair and counterable, are boring. I agree. Huntress' hitboxes make no sense, so you kind of have to hope it doesn't hit instead of actually being able to dodge. I'm making the comparison to Huntress with Myers here because if it's Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt and the Huntress is good, you may as well have spawned on Death Hook. Sorry if comparing the two makes no sense, it was just the first thing that came to mind.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357
    It's fair

Pyramid head can kill survivors without add-ons, and potentially without ever hooking them.

Compared to that myers with his super simple and limited ability seems like absolute trash

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454
    Other

Judith's is a fair trade, Tombstone Piece is not

• Other

The Iridescent one is fine in my book, you kind of have to throw the game to get it in the first place, though it is definitely annoying. The purple on is straight up broken, have a decent start and then someone is completely gone from the game. This is especially true if you get lucky, where within the first 2 minutes a person is gone, and at worst you will maybe have 2 gens pop on you.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252
    It's fair

Honestly, considering how much effort It takes for him to get It. It is fine, you would have a easier time trying to use Devour hope then running that thing.

The only way to negate the downside is to run the red hair piece..But,by that point you are begging for the surviors to just activity avoid being looked at which in some maps is super easy.

That and sometimes the kill effect does not go off.

• Attckcat
    Attckcat Member Posts: 58
    edited February 2021
    It's fair

Seems fair. It typically takes a lot longer to charge them, they have movement penalties, and they can be countered by hopping in a locker. Also they were the first addons to actually change up a killers playstyle. I like to see more addons that change things up (not necessarily instakill though unless they require some wacky feat to pull off).

1-shot hatchets honestly bother me a lot more than tombstone Myers.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    It's fair

Survivors will usually get 4-5 gens done before you even reach tier 3 if they play smart. I think they're faair given the fact you have to completely throw the game at the chance of immediately killing all 4 survivors.