Is pyramid head a balanced killer?

Options

Not my best pyramid game but wanted thoughts on if he's balanced or not. I think he needs 2 small buffs and better addons. His potd should come out a little faster and he shouldn't be slower then survivors for a second when his sword is in the ground.

Comments

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

What's the point of the video attached?

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551
    Options

you're telling me the OP blindness effect isn't worthy of being a purple addon?

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487
    Options

The video is just showing some of the crazy things you can do with him like baiting and hitting through walls.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    Options

He is balanced, but he's just so boring to play as and against once the PH player hits a certain level with him!

• SilentHillOnDvD
    Options
  • DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

PH is balanced, he just breaks the mold when it comes to looping. Personally i love faceing of with one. Way more fun than looping a wraith for 5 gens

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

I hate his 'prepare for tunnel' ability, but otherwise I think he's ok.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Pyramid Head needs a few tweaks imo. His Punishment Of The Damned needs a minor buffs to reward the intended gameplay (shooting through walls) rather than baiting the attack.

Having to stand still for 2.25 seconds (9 meters of survivor distance) after going for the "fun gamplay" (shooting through the wall) while the survivors just dead hard through the shockwave and hold forward all across the map afterwards is bs.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Not a massive fan of his add-ons as I feel most of them are #########, especially the higher rarity stuff. So changing some of them could be nice. One thing I would really like changed is the removal of the time limit on his trails. Not sure why they need a timer when you can only place a set amount of the trail and survivors can crouch through it to avoid being tormented.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

He's not the most fun killer to verse, but he's not really imbalanced. Definitely a strong one though.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

He’s also still faster than survivors when the sword is in the ground

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

I wouldn't give him a buff. Maybe less PoTD attack cooldown and less ability to zone maybe so I can spam shots. But honestly he is fine the way he is. Only issue is survivors holding W. Rarely gives you chance to use your ability and they usually get downed to a M1 anyway.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    edited February 2021
    Options

Had to edit this I replied to the wrong person but yes I agree he's a strong killer

Post edited by SilentHillOnDvD on
  • vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

I just wish they reversed his buff/nerf. It felt much better to play before, that slowdown everytime you want to use his ability sucks ass.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

No, lots of bug abusers playing him without the cooldown, so now he doesn't have any cd and faster cd after attack

• SilentHillOnDvD
    Options

Yes I agree, pyramid should be all about predictions not fake it till you make it.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

I think he's a lot more fair and fun to play against than half the killers in the game currently

• Yamaoka
    Options

There's no such thing. If the Great Knife is completely in the ground he gets the cooldown AND movement slowdown if you want to M1.

What you're referring to is Pyramid players that just tap M2 instead of fully planting the knife. If you fall for that then it's a YOU problem because even AFTER planting the Great Knife Pyramid Head still has a built in delay before he can shoot the shockwave of around half a second.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Wasn’t the point of the changes to stop his lose lose situation he could consistently put survivors into? These would only bring that back. He could do with better addons particularly purples and reds but otherwise he’s fine

• SilentHillOnDvD
    Options

These changes wouldn't bring that back because these changes aren't for that. I said to remove the 1 second of moving slower then survivors and make his potd come out a little faster. If I had said to allow him to attack during that 1 second then yes he would be where he were before the nerf.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'd say he's pretty balanced against good survivors, the match can go either way against him. I really want some changes to him though.

I REALLY wish cages acted like hooks. Or at the very least make an exception for BBQ and WGLF stacks, and make it so tormented gets removed if you get hooked so the fun and interactive strategy of "torment, hook, down, cage, down, hook" isn't a thing. Other than that I'm fine with his gameplay. It's pretty meh to go against but I'm done caring about that at this point tbh.

• ClaudioFrosty
    ClaudioFrosty Member Posts: 12
    Options

Personally, I think his Seal of Metatron add on should be reworked so that if a Survivor is hit with Punishment of The Damned, they become Tormented. I suggested this to a friend of mine and he really liked the idea.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

He doesn't feel perfect, but I feel like he's pretty balanced overall.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Weaker than nurse but if you play pallets and windows Willy nilly prepare for nurse like punishment.

Pyramid head balanced more than nurse or spirit though for sure.

• Freddy96
    Options

It doesn't work like that and you know. Too many exploits being defended lately

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

He does get slowed and have an attack cooldown when he plants his knife, it's just not long at all. Barely affects him.

• Yamaoka
    Options

If there was an exploit I would be the first one to report it. I created a thread when I noticed PH's instadown bug in the PTB.

What you describe however is not a thing. The moment the Great Knife connects with the ground there is no way to avoid the M1-delay and slowdown. You probably saw one of Otz clips where he M1s just before the Knife connects with the ground which isn't an exploit.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

Really hard to say if he's balanced or not. In the hands of a capable player, he can seem OP, but then again, any Killer can come across as OP in that case. Take the universally agreed upon weakest Killer in the game, and sure enough there are videos out there of someone wrecking top tier SWF teams with them.

The real question isn't, "is he balanced," it's, "is the learning curve too steep compared to other Killers," and thus, does he need a buff or a nerf to compensate?

I haven't played him much myself, only a handful of times, but I found him kinda difficult to learn and improve with. Then again, I found Nurse pretty easy to learn and dominate with, and most people here will claim she is the most difficult of them all so...is he OP or too weak? Too easy or too hard to learn?

If I find myself unable to decide, then I usually conclude he's indeed "balanced" but that's just me.

• Yamaoka
    Options

The slowdown affects him enormously against elite level survivors because you need every single inch of distance on them to either get the M1 or the angle for a successful POTD shot.

• Freddy96
    edited February 2021
    Options

So you surely filed a report about blight's macro, nurse fatigue cancelling and 100% vault speed. I am telling you there's a way in which a player can avoid the cd EVEN after FULLY loading the power bar. And at this point you are either unaware about it or disingenous.

Edit: also survivors can avoid stagger after falling without balanced landing but you reported already for sure

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Yeah, I think he is balanced. The only thing he has a problem with are some of his stupidly weak addons.