Killer Speed difference is random?

Options

I get that some Killer are faster than other.

But why specificly are killer like Hag, who is not a high tier killer like billy, slower paced

i mean yea her traps kind of make it unnecessary but she needs to run around to place them in the first place, if there is no trap while she chases it makes it harder for her to catch up and placing them mid chase just gives the survivor a chance to run away and she only has 10 to set up before she starts recycling them. i know this is kind of vague but i don´t want to write a novel so i hope you get my point.

on the other Hand Billy for example has a higher pace... but why?

he literally has a chainsaw to run around and before you all go on to enlight me with the information that his chainsaw can overheat, which i know. It just seems to me it would make it more valuable to decide to run around with the chainsaw or downing a survivor.

To make it clear i don´t think that way about these killer specificly but rather that Obvious low tier killer as well as Obvious high tier Killer should get adjustments regarding their speed. It could make just the difference to make some killer more attractive to play.

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Hag is stronger than Billy and is all about predicting things seconds or even minutes before they happen. Hag mains are smart people, which is why there are so few of them. If you play Hag right her traps can easily be used to have more mobility in chase and easily catch a survivor, even in a loop.

Billy can't chainsaw in a loop, so that's where the 115% speed comes in handy.

• Timo_______R
    Timo_______R Member Posts: 58
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hag if already having a trap on a tile is good but that´s more situational isn´t it, i mean i can´t trap every tile but most of them if i don´t place them on gens, totems and so on,

Spirit/Deathslinger/Huntress are (atleast for me) higher tier killer so they can keep their speed they are already slow.

I see that you have a point with slower killer need there power to down survivor but even so some of them could need the extra speed (and we are only talking about a change from 4.4 to 4.6).

And even some killer with powers, which don´t help downing survivors directly, could need a little nerf in speed. Best example would be freddy

he makes survivor slower or creates fake paletts both giving almost an free hit every time, on top of that he can teleport through gens i don´t see him needing to be this fast.

Plague can make any survivor 1 hit but her power itself doesn´t help her chasing them, if her red puke isn´t available the whole game you need to depend on bloodlust (what no killer should need to)when you can´t catch anyone u dont have time to break every pallet.

Legions power helps him downing survivor but he has 4.6 speed so what about him he is not as bad as ppl present him, he is literally the same as plague if she doesn´t have her red puke which is almost the case every time at good ranks.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited February 2021
    Options

Not to mention mint rag, which gives her some of the best Mapwide mobility in the game.

When i run it, I put about 6 traps in key areas on the edges of the map and one in the middle. Teleport to one, lay a new one, and move on. And it gives me 3 to use in chase to deny a loop or 2

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

The only killer I feel should be slower is Bubba. He has an insta-down with Legion speed and maneuverability.

• Timo_______R
    edited February 2021
    Options

But it´s easy to mind game traps on loops atleat for me there is a 50% chance the hag will get a hit (at worst)

• Timo_______R
    Options

yea but this is with one of her rarest addons, i can´t rly consider the best addons because then almost every killer is always great

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

I think he's mostly fine, I honestly think all they need to do for Bubba is make it so that when he breaks a pallet with a chainsaw, his animation takes a bit longer. Right now he can break a pallet with a saw and move like immediately after which gets a little nutty.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I think he needs to either be slower or have less maneuverability with his chainsaw. I think it's insane that he can turn on a dime and even back up using his insta-down at 5.2 m/s

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Then you play against bad hag players. Hag is strong. You can argue that she has a hardcounter with object and flashlights, but other then that she is the third strongest killer.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

When bubba changes direction with his chainsaw, you can still just use a pallet. Bubba is strong in chase, but he cant ignore pallets and windows. And chasing is his only ability. So when you nerf that, he is useless.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Since when were you under the impression that Hag isn't high tier?

Hag is one of the most powerful killers in the game. Same with Huntress and Deathslinger, slow killers but two of the strongest in the game.

The speed differences are done out of consideration as balance for the killer's powers. They are sensible for the most part. Killers with weaker powers tend to have higher movement speed to compensate.

• Timo_______R
    Options

i dont think hag is a low tier killer, i see her as powerful but to fully prepare your map pressure you have to sacrifice time.

I know that if you do this 2-3 gens get popped in this time, you still got a chance but once you lose your map pressure (when for example the survivor pops all traps in a short amount of time) the game is basicly lost.

if speed would be balanced out on power why is Billy and oni Faster and Plague slower paced ?

Billy and oni have 1 hit power almost infinite

plague´s power on the other hand takes time and could easily be cleansed at late game, it won´t get her anywhere if she can´t catch anyone when she is to slow.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,057
    edited February 2021
    Options

If I remember correctly, didn't Legion start out as a 4.4 because their power gave them a speed boost? Over time they were made 4.6 but their speed boost from Feral Frenzy was reduced.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

So, Hag can force players off if a tile you don't want to loop or can't loop with her speed. As far as the set up time is concerned, with her power you can afford to let 2-3 gens pop while you're working on getting things ready to snowball.

A good Hag main to watch is Michi on youtube, he has some great videos showing various trap placements and tactics and is an outstanding defensive Hag player. I am a Hag main as well and use her more aggressively. I'll place traps ina few key spots and get into chases using my remaining traps to zone or shut down tiles as needed and often end the matches with only the first two gens done.

Her mobility is a little slower but Scott Jund just did a video about movement speed on killers where he had huntress with 1 stack of Play With Your Food and one base speed waking the entire distance of Azarov's Resting Place. It took ~30 seconds at 4.6m/s to cross the map and only ~32 seconds at 4.4m/s. The speed difference is actually very minimal and some things factor into our perception of how fast the killer moves. The Twins and Demogorgon are both 4.6m/s killers but to me they feel slow and clunky because of their sound design and their gait when walking (how their weapon and camera moves with each footstep). I have a similar feeling when playing Hag or Deathslinger compared to Huntress. Since they have quieter foot steps and less jitter while moving Hag and Slinger seem faster to me than Huntress does.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Bubba breaking pallets that quickly is kind of necessary. The one thing he's good at is forcing pallets and it's his main counter, so he has a short stun time to deal with it. He basically doesn't have a power at main buildings and windows, so increasing his recovery after breaking pallets (in other words, nerfing the one thing he's meant to be good at) would make him terrible. He would have a much harder time catching survivors with his power than he already does.